I have been having lower abdominal spasms, not stomach, below the belly button to the right, for a couple of weeks. They are not painful, but feel fluttery and I am wondering what they may be. I am curious as to what they may be, if anyone has any idea. Thank you.

If the spasm has been present for a few weeks now, I reckon you should make an appointment with your GP. It may not be anything serious but at least your mind will be at ease and you won’t be upsetting about it.

The lower abdominal spasm could occur due to some muscle spasms, it could come from the ovaries, pudendal nerve, and even inflamed appendix. If this is an appendix, it would mean that the infection had increased because with appendix inflammation the pain is not localized at first.
The flattering reminds me most of the muscles spasms but ovarian cysts could make all sorts of strange symptoms, so I would suggest you have that checked. Ovarian cysts are usually not dangerous but rather annoying.

thank you lisa 1979 for putting a term to what i am feeling. it is driving me crazy and while you are right it is not painful sometimes i can barely stand it. my fluttering is in my upper and lower abdomen. i think my MD thinks i am crazy. he ordered an abdominal ultrasound but that is 5 weeks away

I too would describe what I'm experiencing to be these "flutters". It's annoying because it's almost continuous. I was about to call my OB when they stopped after a week. After about 10 days w/out any, they started again. Strange. My sister had ovarian CA so I'm very aware. However there are no other symptoms and no pain at all.

having 100% same symptoms. Lowe left abdomen, right above hip. Deep inside, fluttering/spasming. Definitely internal and can't feel the twitching from above. It's been 2 days since I have gotten any sleep because of it. I'm going insane. Did anyone ever figure out what it was? I'm 20, I"m male, and only allergic to codeine. Anyone? Help?

Someone post a follow up please! Same symptoms and it's driving me crazy!!!!

Anonymous wrote:

Same here, 27 male. Been happening for about a week. now constantly. So hard to sleep 9took 3 hrs to fall asleep last night)

im 20 male, i am having the same, been having them for about a month now, but i cn sleep fine just when im awake i cn feel them, has any 1 had a follow up???

Same here. Left lower side between hip and navel. Started slowly, a twitch or two here or there. But the last week it has become more intense. No pain but definitely uncomfortable. Doesn't keep me up but its getting annoying none the less. I have had an increase of muscle spasms in other parts of my body but not like in my abdomen. I will try some magnesium as suggested but if anyone has any ideas or information, please let me know.

anonymous wrote:

I've experienced these annoying spasms for a year or so and in my lower right abdomen. I will get an ultasound to rule out tumors or other posibilities, such as surgical tools or devices that may have been forgotten by the surgeon after closing me up after the removal of my appendix. In my case, the likely cause is an incisional hernia which can be aggravvated by nerves.

Same here, been haveing these "fluttery" feelings in my right lower abdonimal area, doesnt hurt just annoying, i am a female 20 years old just a weird feeling dont like it, thought i was pregnant, but you have to have sex to get pregnant and the timing doesnt match! Help!

This is totally bizarre. I can't believe there are so many of you out there with the same symptoms, men and women. I'm 55, have had a hysterctomy and only have one ovary and fallopian tube. This spasm type flutter is on the opposite side, which leads me to believe it may be my ovary. It is so intense, especially in the evening when i'm sitting relaxing, watching tv. I would swear there is a baby kicking in there, since i have had 2 children and know what that feels like. My abdomen jumps around very visibly. My MD, kinda laughed and used his stethoscope, and said nope nothing there. I didn't find it at all funny. Like the rest of you, it doesn't hurt, or cause pain in any way, its just plain annoying. I'm getting paranoid.

i have the flutter below my belly button also. sometimes its frequent sometimes its not. sometimes it contracts hard sometimes its small
flutters. it doesnt hurt.

Im male. 30. had my apendix removed when i was 15. "so its not an appendix issue" I heard it could be associated with nerves in your
lower back. i heard it could have been caused from a strain. but i haven't heard anyone know for sure.

if anyone finds a solution please notify us. the doctor over looks it because its "not serious or painful" but it is definitely a warning of something not in balance.

question for all who have it.

did you staing yourself within a month of this problem?

or

Where you under alot of emotional stress.

i have got this after hurting my back a month ago.
and the other thing. it starting flickering after a lot of emotional stress 2 days later.?

if i press my hands on it. i notice it is lightly flickering. if i didnt put my hand on it i wouldn't notice it as much. but sometimes.
it flutters fast and hard and is real annoying and uncomfortable.
please, any info?

I've got the same thing too.

You can actually kind of see your muscles move if you don't have too much of a layer of fat.

Wtf is it, I hope it's not my appendix.

I sleep fine and don't feel any kind of pain from it. I recommend smoking a good Kush strain to fall asleep ;-)

I was under a lot of emotional stress when this occured, my stomach flutters have actually stopped since i posted my experience. I am a lot more relaxed now and not under so much stress. I also changed my diet a bit, less caffine.