I decided to get a piercing at the top of my ear, through my cartilage. I figured I would save some bucks by doing it myself. I got a sewing needle and an old earring and just punched a hole in the area where I wanted the piercing. I forgot to sterilise the needle, and now I have a lump on the piercing, all p***y and red! Do I need to take the piercing out now? That would be such a shame!

It sounds like you either have an infection or an early hypertrophic scar or keloid forming.  Either way, these need to be evaluated by a dermatologist and treated.

Disclaimer: Dr Emily Altman and Advanced Skin Wisdom provides the content on this website solely for informational and educational purposes. Information provided on this website should not be considered medical advice and is not a substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Communications to or from Dr. Altman or Advanced Skin Wisdom and any person will not be considered to establish a patient/doctor relationship.