Okay, so before I go on about this, I'd just like to warn you guys of potential TMI, but I'd like for it to be as detailed as possible, so as to make it easier to come to a conclusion concerning this issue of mine.

So, I'm a sixteen-year-old dude who has been suffering from abnormal flatulence-related issues for at least a year now. This has been bugging the c**p out of me, mainly during school time and in other social contexts (mainly where I spend a big amount of time around my friends; have completely avoided sleepovers as a result of this) where it's really become a problem, although I strangely enough haven't bothered myself to try and look it up until recently, which I guess is because I've just started at a new school and would prefer to not immediately royally mess up the chance to make some friends. At my previous school, I was a bit of a loner, even before this issue even came up, so I didn't care as much then; the schedule I had was very different as well, and made it easy for me to avoid being near people throughout the day (just to clarify, I didn't constantly fart when people weren't around or anything, the issue is more about the embarrassment that ensues when attempting to restrain it, which I mention later). I'd really like to have a fresh start now at this new school though (lolpun). I also recently saw some kind of documentary where they included some people who suffered from IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), where I could relate to many of the symptoms brought up, so my concern for this has doubled, if it's revealed to actually be the result of some kind of disease.

So, to try and sum up as much of this as I can (this apparently ended up being how this mainly has affected me in school): In the mornings, I have since I was about 14 ALWAYS had the urge to poo after eating breakfast, which usually arises a couple of minutes after eating. The thing is, at least half of the time when I attempt to empty my bowels at this hour, it's as if I'm constipated, I just can't get anything to come out. And when I manage to to do so, it's only a fraction of what actually is in there, so the need to poo quickly returns once I've arrived at school. I wouldn't really say that the fact that I can't manage to defecate at this time is the abnormal thing in this situation, rather than the annoyingly-timed urge to poo, as I usually can't bring myself to do so after ~12AM either. As it is now, I do usually hold it in, as I get rather gassy really quickly after just partially dumping some excrement for some reason (same thing happens whenever I poop, normally, now that I think about it; weird, I tell ya). I once decided to entirely skip on breakfast for a week, which really didn't make that much of a difference (it lengthened the time before the urge to poo would arise, which still arose during school time; and the lack of breakfast essentially turned me into a zombie before the school lunch would come and save me, and instead led my stomach to make embarrassing hunger-related noises); here I also discovered that only drinking water for breakfast would incite the need to poo. :(

Another thing that should be noted is that the flatulence barely is an issue at all when I'm in situations where I move around a lot, or even a little, for example during P.E. class or just when I'm walking around for a bit, then it gets held back pretty well and it's not a bother at all. But when I have to be still and/or sit down for a long amount of time, then it can really get troublesome, and unfortunately this occurs a lot during school time. Anyway, the fact that I daily go to school with the need to poo has, as you probably can guess, led to some embarrassing moments, and does overall make me feel really anxious to go there. One thing that happens relatively often is that I feel all bloated when I sit still for a long time, like there's this big bubble moving around in my body that makes these embarrassing noises, some of which sound identical to farts. These noises do mainly come from the lower party of my torso, sometimes just above my butt area; weirdness. I've managed to conceal this pretty well though, and it rarely led to any awkward encounters. I do also get this really uncomfortable, slightly painful feeling in my stomach when it happens, so not having it as a part of my everyday life would be much appreciated.

Another thing that happens, being the most horror-inducing one, is that I get these so called "leaky gases", which is when my body starts to automatically emit gases by itself and is something that I find practically impossible to restrain (I used to think that it was a result of trying to hold it back for too long, but it commonly occurs right after eating breakfast as well). The gas feels a lot more "shallow" and softer compared to usual flatulence. Kinda like a slow, gentle and longlasting exhalation with one's mouth, except it's with my butt, and I barely notice it unless I'm sitting down, as I get this really uncomfortably warm feeling around the buttocks area then. This makes me really paranoid, as it occurs rather often, and I usually can't do anything more than tilt my butt toward the opposite direction of any students that are around. The worst part is that I can't tell if it smells or not, as I've personally never managed to sense the smell from it myself. But I do relatively frequently get this, um, "acidic" feeling while it's happening (as in this kinda burning sensation one may get after one's bowel movement, which I more or less get after every bowel movement nowadays), and I feel positive that it must be smelly as hell. But still, the reactions that have spawned from neighboring people have only been ambiguous at their best, no one has, like, abruptly relocated themselves or said "you smell like sh*t, yo" to my face. This uncertainty really bothers me, but I still remain sure that it must be smelly during at least some instances.  

I've also noticed that when I'm being anxious and nervous about it, it gets a lot worse, which, yeah, has a tendency to happen rather often, especially after I made this observation. For instance, just a couple of days ago, I went on some sort of field trip-ish activity with my class, where we traveled by bus for about 20 minutes. I managed to grab a single seat, and I had no issues with either flatulence or an upset stomach for the entire trip; one thing that I noted that probably contributed to this, besides having no people around in the immediate proximity, is that it was in quite a noisy setting, as opposed to overwhelming silence in the class room, which probably cooled my nerves a little.

One really important thing that I should mention is that my mother also have a similar issue. She once told me that her mother had some flatulent issues that she was really embarrassed of which supposedly both she and her brother inherited. Her issue seems quite different compared to mine though. From what I've experienced, it's that she occasionally lets them rip. Loudly. And often sequentially. But as opposed to my issue, she seems to be able to control it pretty well, as she only does it when she's by herself. She doesn't intentionally do it when we're around, but damn, those things are so loud that it's not really hard to hear them even if you are on another floor. I find it weird that they sound so explosive though, squeezing one out quietly shouldn't be too hard, heh (TMITMITMI). But as I said, it's kinda different compared to mine, as my flatulence issue is more about having a hard time controlling it, and that it often makes itself noticed through suspicious tummy sounds and, um, leakage when attempting to hold it back. I don't doubt that it's related to her issue though, it would seem way too coincidental otherwise.

Um, I'll end this by saying that I've never really had any problems with diarrhea (although my anal offspring does appear rather loose every so often, guess it's sorta normal though), nor constipation, except for between ~12AM-8AM (I've always had it like that though, although it didn't necessarily lead to gassiness back then, but I still don't really think it's constipation-related), which I know are typical symptoms of IBS. I do however rarely, if ever, manage to push the whole thing out when I'm number-two-ing, I always feel like there's some of it left, though I usually stop trying when I feel relieved enough, as I don't want to spend an hour sitting on the john (have no idea if this classifies as some kind of constipation or not). And (yet) another thing, this flatulence issue only, or mainly, occurs when I feel the need to poop, or when it starts to, like, accumulate. Like, an hour or so before I actually need to poop. And also immediately after I poop. So it's not really a 24/7 issue. The stuff I've described throughout these paragraphs are specifically about school and when I feel the need to c**p.

So, to summarize, these "flatulence-related issues" in this flatulence-related situation of mine are mainly these embarrassing stomach noises and these "leaky gases", and also the fact that I get the need to c**p in the mornings without succeeding in doing so. Also that the need to poo even results in gassiness to such an extent that it leads to the formerly mentioned issues. 

Whoa, sh*t, this really turned out redundantly long, but I kinda felt the need to vent a little as well. And sorry for any weird formulations or grammar errors, English isn't my native language. And also sorry for all the rambling, I had a hard time keeping this think cohesive as there were so many things I wanted to have noted (pretty sure I could've done this with half the size of the text by being more concise). Thank you for reading this incredibly boring and bizarre wall of text about my stomach and its nasty ways though (assuming that you didn't just scroll down just to read the end of the post).

Any suggestions of what might cause this and recommended measures to get rid of this would be GREATLY appreciated. It's sorta ruining my social life, or whatever is left of it. I also kinda miss being able to go one day without having to take a c**p. Even more so when it comes to farting. :c

Holy c**p, this thing is intimidatingly long. o_O No way that anyone's gonna reply to it. Think I'll need to edit out some stuff.

Hi there,

I found this post randomly when looking at info on constipation during pregnancy. Anyway, your problem reminded me a lot of my sister because she has been suffering from the same thing for a couple of years. She has just recently solved the mystery - she was gluten intolerant. She gave up ordinary bread and pasta (etc) and is now a new woman. Not a parp.

You could give it a try. It worked for her from one day to the next. You can easily find a list of foods containing gluten online.

You just seriously described my life... >:c

I honestly am having the same exact problem. I'm 17

I'd be looking at your diet. You mention nothing of the source of your problem, what you take into your digestive system. Rubbish in, rubbish out. Check out what causes wind/flatulence on this website and reduce the amounts you consume. Check out the times that you eat. Do you eat late at night? Having a regular morning bowel movement must be great. It frees up most of the day. Should last you till you get home anyway. Do you eat plenty of fruit and veg and drink plenty of liquids? If so do you take more than your fair share? Constipation is a build up of material that causes a blockage at the back passage. It causes a lot of pain and can cause piles/haemorrhoids which can bleed.

I am not a doctor. I am a female who has experienced many of the symptoms you have listed and I suffered for years without an answer even though I went to the doctor a LOT. My symptoms went away after excluding all grain and grain products from my diet. Wheat and corn were the worst offenders. A good website for information is 

***post is edited by moderator *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

i am a 75 year old grandmother , have been diagonist with Diverticulitus and IBS I am also having problems
with gas , I have a mentally challenged grandson one day I went into the kitchen and he followed me and said
oh Grandma that was bad. all my family were here and they laughed, I Suggest to you that you try Metamucil
every day , a lot of my friends do that. if that does not help you I suggest you ask your mother to take you to a
gastrologist , or your regular Doctor to have a colonscopy. it is not nice to have done but the day before is the worst and
you take a lot of medicine to clear your bowels, once you are in the operating room they put you out usually,
and check inside your bowels to make sure there is no pulps or diverticculie , I know what you are going through
and it is not a nice feeling, I am seeing my gastrologist on Monday and hopefully he can help me , you are young
and do not want to go through life feeling bad , I have almost turned into a hermit because of my problem and it is
effecting my social life like yours. i hope some of this information can help you