I worked at a Navy Shipyard, and I`ve been exposed to asbestos. My health was pretty good, no matter that exposure, but after a long time I`ve been diagnosed with malignant, pleureal mesothelioma. I know that mesothelioma is one the the deadliest diseases, and am aware of some treatment options, such as chemotherapy, radiation and tri-modality therapy but not sure what to do? Anybody with some experience?

Hi, my Dad was also a shipyard worker, and now has a similar problem, thanks to the asbestos, only not cancerous, he has a benign tumour of the meothelium. But, I`ve read about mesothelioma and found out that the most of mesothelial tumours are cancerous. Pleural mesothelioma, such as yours, is spreading within the chest cavity. Well, gotta do something and that treatment may include surgery, chemo and radiation therapy, or a combination of all. Tri-modality therapy is that comb. In chemotherapy, there is a new drug called Pemetrexed, and patients on this chemotherapy live longer and suffer less pain than those on other, older drugs. Radiation therapy may alleviate some pain.

Here is an informative site for necessary information regarding Mesothelioma Stories. please visit -

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed