I was never a huge marijuana "addict". Althought I smoked it for a period of 2 years on/off, I was never really addicted to it. A few months ago I was in Amsterdam, bunch of friends and I had driven from France and hadnt had anything to eat for a few hour-we went straight to a coffee shop and smoked ALOT of marijuana. Within minutes I started to feel anxious/nervous. Recently I had become anxious when I smoked pot but this time it was different. I became extremley weak, stressed, and had a full blown panic attack. When we left the coffee shop outside felt extremley unsafe. I was feeling as if I was in some strange place on another planet. People became scary and it was really hard to breath.

We then went to a restuarant where I was so nervous that I wasn't able to order food. I was literally having a panic attack while talking with people.
Most of the entire day, and what came to be following months was incredibley hard at most times.

I started having rush of thoughts almost everyday, about everything. Worrying about the smallest things. Things that I loved and enjoyed to do became almost impossible. My brain limited me to the point of not being able to enjoy a single second-every second would feel like hell as if my own mind had turned against me. I saw myself change from an extremley social guy to someone who would get nervous if the name of socializing came up. I went through a period of extreme stress which I couldn't control.
In fact control was and it still is a big problem for me. Normal social situations and friends became incredibley intimitating. I think I lost every ounce of confidence possible and my life just became hell. Depesonalization, stress, anxiety, panic attacks almost everyday- I would think I had any mental illness or disease anybody ever talked about. Reading about schizophrenia meant that I had it, I would literally read a mental illness and my brain would act as if I actually had it.
Just the most uncomfrotable months of my life

I am feeling much better since I last smoked in July but thoughts still limit my day to day life. It is me who brings these thoughts on and gives them the status and the control they take, but at times it seems impossible to control them. In fact controlling them only makes them worst.

I saw a psychologist for a while who diagnosed me with anything from social anxiety to ocd. But I have now realize that it all rests with me. Its me who can change and try to change no matter how hard it is.

Anyways I just wanted to share my story and hear from anybody out there with a similar experience

NEVER EVER DO DRUGS, NO MATTER WEED OR COCAIN THEY WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE

I used to smoke weed like 5 years ago, and it was like that for me I used to really enjoy it...and years after even I still have feelings of depersonalization, panic attacks and everything the depersonalization and derealization is the worst, I never went to a physiologist or anything for it but talked to my mom and my boyfriend about it, they TRY to understand but they cant because they never went through it :( so i get really frustrated on top of having all those above feelings along with depression. It really messes with my life :cry: I just wish someone could understand and ACTUALLY help me get my normal life back again...

smt66 wrote:

:oops: Quote:

Please let us know what happened! Did you get over it?

I had my first panic attack when i was on marujuana