One week ago (1-11-13) woke up with tingling in finger tips, thumb, index & middle finger on right hand. My right shoulder and arm were rolled up under my head which makes me think pinched nerve. There was tingling on the finger tips (i'm familiar now with the median nerve) for about three days, but now it is more numb than anything. Numbmess to the second knuckle on my index finger, 1st segment of the middle & tip of thumb. Sometimes i'm feeling numb on the back of the hand as well. Now this makes me concerned because it is not diminishing with time. I do still have control of fingers but obviously it is more difficult to do small tasks i.e. button shirt, zip coat, keys, etc.

Saw the doc two days ago, he said just get a wrist splint. The splint has not helped. I'm one week with this issue and wanting to know if i should see neurologist soon before it gets worse?

The more research i'm doing makes me thing this is a pinched nerve closer to the back or spine but i really can't know with out x-rays. I've been trying to do some Carpal Tunnel exercises as well but no change. Any advice would be greatly welcome!

What ended up happening? I'm in the same boat.

Ended up being a bulging disk between C5-C6, C6-C7. The neurologist wanted to do a block- I do not want block.. Ended up going to a very highly recommended Chiro. Not much not any worse & not any better.
What I have now is numb forefinger (last 2 segments) on right hand. I just live with it ' rarely notice.

Hello I have been diagnosed with corporal tunnel from both my doctor, and nuerolgist. I have had surgery on my back, they put a spacer in where my nerve was pinched the new MRI shows nerve damage and bad disk, also they are testing to see if corporal tunnel is coming from pressure on the neck area. My condition has been getting worse not better, and exercise had not worked for me, so i would recommend pictures of pressure on your neck or nerve damage which you can check with EMG and MRI with contrast. Then you can get a better explanation of where the corporal tunnel is stemming from. Good Luck and God Bless you. Corporal tunnel is not fun, i can just be laying down not moving and the painful numbness comes on, and it is getting worse this last year, no meds will help, you need to fing where the problem is rooting from and go from there