Sugar cane has acquired numerous sanskrit names for its sweetness and appearance. Our Ayurveda acharyas praise the medicinal properties of Sugarcane as follows.

Ikshavo raktapittaghnaa balyaa vrishyaa kaphapradaaha |
Swaadupaakarasaaha snigdhaha guravo mutralaha himaha ||

Raktapittaghna:- The sugar cane plant has the properties of normalizing vitiation of blood and pitta (bile).It rejuvenates liver. Because of this property it is widely used in treating jaundice. It is, however, very essential that the juice, must be clean and devoid of micro organisms.

Balya: The sugar cane juice instantly energizes our body and provides strength. Sugar cane is rich in iron and carbohydrates. Hence it boosts energy straight away.

Vrishya: It acts as an aphrodisiac and increases libido, quality and quantity of semen. It also helps in rectifying erectile dysfunction.

Kaphapradaha: It increases kapha and helps in expectoration of it in cough.

Mutrala: It acts as a diuretic and helps in detoxifying kidneys.

As it has sweet, heavy and cooling properties it increases shukra dhatu. Shukra dhatu is needed for male fertility. When shukra dhatu increases it increases sperm count, sperm motility. Healthy shukra dhatu helps to reduce erectile dysfunction and impotence. Sugarcane juice also increases lactation in nursing mothers. It helps in relieving constipation.

Can you explain to me the difference between sugar cane juice and just sugar water? What would be the difference? I would like to know in case I choose to use this. Can you let me know?

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

sugarcane juice is the raw juice pressed out from the whole sugarcane plant. this grass family stalk has a 72 hour shelf life in it's sweet juice form. it is an alkaline juice that contains a full profile of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids, as any whole food does.
sugar water, on the other hand, is just that, sugar added to water. sugar is a refined, fully adulterated commercial product that takes the whole plant, sugarcane, isolates the sugar properties, kills any of the live nutrients, thus extending it for a very long shelf life. without all the nutrients or water content of the cane plant, our bodies cannot fully assimilate this refined crystalline sugar, nor can we eliminate all the waste from this processed product. the body then produces an overload of gut acids in hopes to digest and eliminate this undigestable, non-whole food. this then, disturbs our pH balance, creating a dangerous acidic environ in our bodies that happily welcomes disease.
think cane sugar is to sugarcane juice as beet sugar is to a raw, fresh-made beet juice from a beet you've just pulled out of the ground.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use