Is meibomian gland dysfunction same condition as Seborrheic blepharitis? Both I and my brother have same symptoms of itching, burning, and a foreign-body sensation, but we have different diagnoses. How is that possible?

It is not same condition, but Seborrheic blepharitis and meibomian gland dysfunction are chronic types of blepharitis. Different things cause these two conditions. Seborrheic blepharitis is associated with seborrheic dermatitis of the face and scalp and Meibomian gland dysfunction is caused by abnormal meibomian gland secretions and is often associated with acne rosacea. Many patients with seborrheic blepharitis and meibomian gland dysfunction have secondary keratitis sicca that leads to itching, burning, and a foreign-body sensation.

Hallo,
As much as I know the meibomian gland dysfunction is related to belpharitis because chronic belpharitis will cause chronic meibomian gland dysfunction. Most often this condition will happen if there is a blockage to the glands so it can not secrete the oil. Also thickening of the meibum will result in the same conditions. As you can see there are several things that can cause this condition so it would be a good idea the both you and your brother do and see ophthalmologist. Sometimes you can clear this condition with warm compresses or with Omega 3 supplements. You might receive a prescription for antibiotic topical ointments from your doctor as well. I hope this helped you in any way.