New Reply New Topic Followed by 22 people

Help!
I am in menopause and I think I am pregnant!! I never thought this is possible. I have arranged visit to gyn in two days… But, oh my god! Thanks god I have two kids of my own and I know what pregnancy symptoms are like! I did a pregnancy test and it is positive (I did it twice, just in case it was wrong the first time). I never thought pregnancy in menopause is possible!

Hello there,
I also never thought this was possible, till it happened to me. Then doctor explained me… I was in stage when I got my period very irregularly, for example once in three month, then I had it pouring for 2 weeks and similar… I thought, this is it, I am in menopause and my fertile days are over. But that is not completely true. I was in pre-menopausal stage (I am in menopause now) and this pre-menopausal stage lasted more than 2 years. I thought .… no period, that is all right, but then all of the sudden it came back again (sometimes after 3, sometimes after 5 months???) Doctor told me, woman is in menopause, when she doesn’t have her period for 12 consecutive months! Until then (when in pre-menopause) women should use contraception.
I hope you’ll be fine in near future!

What were your symptoms ??

I too am in this situataion ladies and wonder what was the outcome for you folks. I just took the home pregnancy test today and am a bit shocked to say the least!

kibby wrote:

Help!

Kibby,
How did this turn out for you...I am 46 almost 47 just took a pregnancy test and it is + ...scared to deat about what next?!

deasy wrote:

Hello there,
I hope you’ll be fine in near future!

Deasy,
I am seekign what othe rowman did in this situation..I am scared and clueless ,how did you make out?

Add me to the list ladies.On March 27th I found out my Son is going to make me a Grandma! Which was big enough news for me. On April 3rd I took a home pregnancy test and it was very faint. On Easter Sunday I took another one and Bam! Positive. Im going tomorrow to visit my son so wont be able to get to the Dr until I return in a week. Scared out of my mind! How in the world can you be a Grandma, and 13 days later be a Mom again???? :0

Hi my name is Deborah and for the past week I have been experiencing what I think is pregnancy symptoms. I have not had a regular menstrual cycle in 2 years, I have a 23 year old son. I thought my Mommie days were long gone.
I have not had any hot flashes in the past week and a half, but I have felt light headedness, nausea and vomiting, no breast tenderness but I have had cramping and constant urination. I have saved the best for last, I had a tubal ligation in 1995, what is really happening. I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet, I am still trying to absorb all of this in for now.
I am excited and happy that I may be pregnant, my husband is also.

I will take an over the counter pregnancy test in a few days, I am waiting to see if my symptoms persist by then. Waiting anxiously and hoping I am right.

Hi my name is Deborah also and I also had a tubal 28 years ago. I have had movement now for 1 week ...thought at first I had some worm moving around... then said well I feel like I am pregnant..not thinking...well I am too scared to take a test and have not had any monthly for over 2 years as well.

How did u get on...did u find u were pregnant and how r things going for u?

Dear Deborah,
Hello. I did take "the test", three to be exact, all were positive. I was shocked. I am 46 years old and this was surely not planned. I did see my DR and she told me the day of my appt that she didn't think the pregnancy was good. She had done a sonogram the day of my first appt.
That evening I lost the baby. I still to this date have not been "fixed" so who knows what the future holds and I am saying this at 46 yrs old,probably foolishly, but that pregnancy brought up new and old feelings for me. More than likely emotional/hormonal which I am very aware of so it is not like I am trying for another pregnancy but emotionally unable to throw in the towel persay, but who knows maybe it is some hold on the baby I started getting used to the idea of having or 46 yr old immaturatiy!
Neverless, take the test! You didn't mention how old you are but I am guessing based on the forum and response to me that you are over 40?
Let me know how you make out...I'm right here with you!
Sandy

Sorry to hear that u lost your baby. I can understand well the feelings you are having.

Did u hear anything more from the other Deborah who had a tubal as well and was going to take the test. Was she pregnant?

Where I live... a woman who was 53 had a baby also and never had her period for a long while either. Don't know though if she had a tubal. I have heard of those with tubals getting pregnant again though.

I am in denial and think it is just muscle reflexes...canot see how I am with a tubal and all..one never knows though.

Thanks for letting me know how all is with u though and I am sure everything that happens is for a reason ...

Deborah

Hi, Can someone help me? I am 46 have not had a period in 3 years and very bad hot flashes and night sweats for 6 years. I was raped and am having all pregnancy symptoms swelling and hurting breasts low pain. EVERYTHING. I took a home test twice both negative? Please can someone help?

Go to a doctor and get an exam. I've been where you are and you need help. Anything is possible. You need medical care and emotional help to get through this. It took me a long time to get help and you will diminish your pain if you do it earlier. A good resource for helping with the trauma is emofree.com. Good luck

I am 44 and think I am pregnant, or is it peri menopause? I have had a couple of light type periods. I know my grandmother was in her late 60's and still in pre menopause.
My gut says I am pregnant. I have 3 already. My son is 25 and I have a grandson who is 2.
I have my girls at home one just turned 17 and the other is almost 6. I have tender breasts , pee a lot and my body is definitely doing something...
OMG ! I have so many mixed up feelings. I am thinking I should wait and see if I have any period next month at all before I take a test.???
I am so glad I found this site. I know now I am not alone. I need to know how other women and maybe men too, have coped during and after finding this out.
Any reply's are appreciated.

"Sorry to hear that u lost your baby. I can understand well the feelings you are having."

I am also sorry for your loss. You have endured a very tumolterous time. There is hope though. I too had a tubal pregnancy before and I also endured miscarriages as well.
Its more than just possible to have a healthy pregnancy out come after one.
Give yourself time to heal, and grieve it is natural and healthy to do so . May I offer you a piece of advice. As little as it may seem at the moment. The spirit that was only with you for a moment in time will stay as part of your memory forever. Yet this sprit had nothing to fulfill in this life except for intertwining with your spirit and bless you with love and hope. Be grateful for the moment and embrace each one as incredible as the next. whether it be filled with joy or tears for these are the moments... Blessings with Love a friend.