I have heard there is possibility to improve skin quality, reduce age spots, soften fine lines, and treat acne or other scars. My friend told me that modalities include traditional dermabrasion, chemical peeling, laser resurfacing, and microdermabrasion. I am so happy to hear this, because I always wanted to improve my skin face. Can you tell me if microdermabrasion could help me? Can you also tell me a little bit more about this procedure, because I am interested?

Microdermabrasion is a skin-freshening technique that helps repair facial skin. This procedure is the one that takes a beating from the sun and the effects of aging. The plastic surgeon uses a device like a fine sandblaster to spray tiny crystals across your face. He is going to mix gentle abrasion with suction to remove the dead, outer layer of skin. As with other skin rejuvenation techniques, you might need more than one treatment to reduce or remove fine wrinkles and unwanted pigmentation. Distinguishing changes due to photoaging of skin from changes of aging, which is associated with sagging and loss of skin elasticity, is important. The latter may be best addressed with surgical rejuvenation procedures, and if indicated, you might discuss surgical rejuvenation procedures or a combination of surgery and resurfacing. Microdermabrasion is most effective with superficial skin conditions because it is able to produce a superficial depth of injury. Superficial skin conditions include early photoaging, fine lines, and superficial scarring; I hope you are finding yourself here. Microdermabrasion does not carry the risks of pigmentary changes or scarring engendered by techniques such as dermabrasion, or chemical peels, and even laser resurfacing. That is why microdermabrasion as a treatment, involves little risk and rapid recovery.