Recently under my left eye I noticed slight pain and then slowely it began to swell. I now have a mildly painful puffy/swollen spot under my eye and can't seem to find a reason why. I seems to get worse so I am worried that it might begin to effect my vision. Has anyone else has any similar issues or advice?

Hello! I was googling because I too have just experienced this exact problem! Began noticing pain under my right eye one evening, which was swollen by the morning. I iced it all day long which seemed to keep the swelling down, but by the next morning, was even worse and more painful! I have no idea how it came about and am supremely concerned about the growth of swelling. I do plan on seeing the doctor today. I notice this was posted a few years ago, so how did everything turn out? Any advice??

Hi I'm having the same problem. Under my left eye started hurting yesterday and when I woke up today the pain was worse and it has started swelling a little. Did your Dr tell you anything when you went? Or does anyone else have any ideas? Thanks!

I am having the same problem also. I noticed a couple of days ago that under my left eye was sore, like it was bruised under my eye and in the corner by my nose. A little swelling in the morning yesterday and more sore. Today it is a little red and still puffy under my eye a little. It hurts more than it looks horrible. Don't know what it is so I googled it and see that someone said they were going to the Dr. I would love to know what was found out. Normally I can find a natural remedy but have no idea what it is or what I can do to alleviate it.
Thanks! Hope someone replies with what they found out :-)

I'm having this problem right now, its a sharp pain when I blink but dull and there rest of time, does anyone know what it is??

YOU ALL HAVE STYE - bacterial infection, which is caused by the oil gland at the base of the eye becoming blocked. just leave it for a week or so and guarantee it will disappear

Yes it is a stye..... I had one recently.. info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stye

I dont think its a stye. A stye is usually on the eyelid and is visible (like a little pustule).
I think we are discussing under the eye...near to the inner corner. I have this problem right now. Its sore and swollen and a little red. I guess when people have their problems fixed, they dont come back to help us out who are looking for help :)

Blocked Puncta. It allows tears to drain the eye into the nose. There is a small hole on the top and bottom eye lid, in the corner. It can get clogged, infected, blocked. This can cause swelling and pain in the corner of the eye like everyone has mentioned. Put a warm wash cloth on it a few times a day. If it doesn't improve or gets worse go to the doctor. It can be infected, they may irrigate it, give you meds all depending on what the problem is. It can be bad enough to require surgery. There is no way to prevent it. Women seem to get it from eye make up.

I have this problem now. Just to refresh, there is pain under my eye - most intense at the inner corner. It kinda feels like I got punched in the face. I can tell that it's starting to swell. I noticed it a few days ago, and it seems to get more painful/noticeable each morning. I went to the eye doctor and he said it looked fine, but he gave me some eye drops "Bausch & Lomb: Zylet" to use for a few days. He said it should feel better by monday and if not to come back.

My eyes are not red, but this thing hurts like a b***h. I'm going to keep using the eye drops and I'll wash it with warm water, etc.

Quote:

u are right because i saw a little tiny bump i forgot wht it was mine is so tiny only i know its there

I have swelling under my lefy eye, corner side.
It pains , not so much but the pain is persistent .
Whenever I close my eyes or touch it then it intensifies.
No redness or anyother other visible symptoms are there.
Only minor swelling and pain.
I had trouble sleeping for a month and I guess I am not able to sleep much cause of my schedule.
And had to use computer and read in low light.
Please ,help.

dont apply ice. it will clog the pore and harden the puss gathered in the gland. Use hot compress. (cotton ball dipped in warm water and applied repeatedly for ten mins twice each day till it goes) it'll disappear pretty fast. I'm only offering the advice given to me by my doc when this happened to me. hope this helps

you can add boric powder in hot water not boiled and then dip cotton in it and apply thrice a day for 15 mins

Please i woke up this morning with the left eye swollen on the bottom, kind of like i haven't gottem much sleep so it got puffy, but it hurts so bad. And i'm really worried it'll start to affect my vision. I'm 16 and i'm afraid to ask my parents, because their are some possible reasons of this occuring that i'm to terrified to ask. Please if anyone knows what it is. There is no little dot, it's just all around swelling.