New Reply New Topic Followed by 40 people

I had a tubal ligation done 2 years ago right after my c-section. Now I have missed my period. I am about 10 days late. I usually have a very normal cycle. I am also very emotional and exhausted. I did take a home pregnancy test and it was negative. Anyone ever had this happen? I read through a lot of posts and saw other people had this happen, but I did not see any conclusions on what was really going on.

Im freaking out myself! I had a tubal two years ago and last month I had a heavy period. Heavy as in a tampon an hour and it lasted three days then two weeks later I lightly spotted for three days. This month I am now nine days late I took a test and its negative.. what in the world is going on!? any advice

I am going through the same situation last month I got my period normally. Two weeks after, I started spotting for more than 5 days , after that I had some cramping, I missed my period this month. By the way I had a tubal ligation 8 Yrs. ago after my third child. I am 33 years old. Could this be normal??

Guest wrote:

Hello??? Has anyone figured out the answer to this question? I heard that tubal ligation can cause you to go into early Menopause. It start when you are about 30 years old. I hope this isn't the case with me! :cry:

in response to the last poster here. I know for me since having my tubes tied 8.5 yrs ago I seem to miss 2 cycles a year. I was pregnant nearly a year ago and m/c. I was told when I had my tubes tied at 24 that chances were higher to start going thru menopause by the time I hit my 30's. I didn't care I just wanted my tubes tied, I wanted no more kids. My body knows too well how to get pregnant, but no clue how to stay pregnant. I have 3 healthy children. Where I don't want another child if I were to get pg at this stage I would definitely consider it a gift and there was a reason for that child. but to answer the last question yes I was told that menopause was highly likely by the time I hit my 30s to begin because I was young.

I had a friend that was pregnant 2 summers ago and ended up taking the morning after pill to abort and her dr. offered to do the tl portion for free.

SweetLiddia wrote:

I had a tubal done 2 years ago right after my c-section. Now I have missed my period. I am about 10 days late. I usually have a very normal cycle. I am also very emotional and exhausted. I did take a home pregnancy test and it was negative. Anyone ever had this happen? I read through a lot of posts and saw other people had this happen, but I did not see any conclusions on what was really going on.

I am having the same problem. I had a tubaligation during a c-section nearly 8 years ago.

I'm 32 years old and had a tubal in May 2007. It was directly after the c-section with my 3rd child. After my tubal my periods began becoming irregular; I was told by doctors that my body was trying to adjust to the tubal. Here it is almost 3 years later and my periods are still very irregular. My last period was in November 2009; about 3 days before Thanksgiving. It last about 3 days and I have had nothing since then. No spotting, nothing. I called my OB/GYN and was told that it wasn't anything to worry about.
I'm thinking of consulting another doctor. Because along with the missing periods I'm having other 'symptoms' that my doctor said were part of the "aging process". Hot flashes, weight gain, hair growing in unusual places, mood swings, and no interest in sex what-so-ever. :( If anyone has ANY suggestions please do share!

TMCB77 im also experiancing alot of the same symptoms u r. im 26 yrs old and i had a tubal this past dec and havent had a period since and i have been having mood swings and hot flashes and absolutely no intrest in sex what so ever. im gonna make an appointment with my doc asap but if u find anything out about why u r having these issues please post them because i could really use a clue as to what might be going on with me as well. tyvm for ur time and i hope u find out whats going on with u soon. :-)

Hi everyone, I had a tubal done in January 2010, after my second child was born. My period had been on a normal 28 day cycle at first. I had a period March 9, and April 6, but I didn't have one for May. I spotted one day in May but it wasn't even enough to show up on my panties, it was only when I would use the bathroom. I cramped as usual as if I were about to start my period. Not to mention, I have been nauseated a few times this month. A few nights ago, I stayed up all night feeling sick, but all I was doing was burping. I had that same symptom when I was pregnant with my first. That was actually how I knew I was pregnant, because of that increased gas. I am experiencing many of the symptoms, but I haven't taken a pregnancy test yet, because I almost find it pointless this soon after I had my tubal. I did get pregnant with my second child while on the pill (and w/o missing any doses), so I feel that perhaps me and my husband are just more fertal than normal. I am worried, but I see that so many other people have missed periods and other pregnancy symptoms also. I guess it is better to be safe than sorry because of the increased risk of ectopic pregnancy, so I will probably take a pregnancy test soon. I just really hate to spend the money on one just for it to turn up negative, which is what I suspect it will be as many of you have had the same problem. Also since it has only been 4 months since I had the tubal, I should have even less of a chance of being pregnant, because they say that your chances of becoming pregnant are very slim for the first year, and the chances slowly increase over time..

Hi everyone, I am 24 years old and i had my tubes tied august 2009 a month and a half after my second child. At first i had really heavy bleeding then after 3 months it regulated out. Then in April i missed my period I had cramps like i was going to start but never did and this month i did the same thing. I took a pregnancy test last month and it come up negative I'm going to take another this month. If anyone finds out whats going on please let me know. Thanks

Hi, I am 42 yrs old. I had my tubal 19 yrs ago. I am having symptoms of pregnancy. Tender breast and now nausea. I have not started my period yet, however I should start in a couple of days. if I do not start by Friday, I will take a pg test. a little nervous and hopeful. :$

Hi it is the same with me i had a period on July 25. well its September 1 and no period to a hpt and not pregnant. Im going 2 call my doc in the morin and ill will let everyone know what he said. I hope this help anyone.Ohh and i am 13 days late. :?

hi its the same with me my period is 12 days late and had my tubes tied/cut in may 2004 (not what i wanted :-( feel i was pushed into it at just 25 and after 3rd C-section) i took 2 test both neg would love another 1 as would my hubby i feel v bloted boobs seem biger im tierd and dizzy ...was wondering has any1 got the answer from a doc to any of these Q thx for any help u can offer

Hi! I just had my tubal ligation after my 5th child January 2010. I am 30 years old, and i have had normal periods on the same dates since Feb 2010. I am just wonderin how come this month, I did not have any? I was told by my ob gyne that I would be secure of my ligation. Are thereany chances of another pregnancy this soon?

Hello, I am a 38year old mother of four and I had my tubes tied 11 years ago. Now I have missed 2 periods and I am never late but the 2 test I have taken are negative.Although I have spoted some nothing big not even enough for a pad..Is this normal and can my test be wrong?