Hello. I'm 45 year old male and I have developed one serious lung condition. It all started with fever, malaise, worsening dry cough and very strong headache.
I though it was some kind of flue or something similar but when I started to feel chest pain I was sure that it was something more serious.
That’s why I contacted my doctor which, after sputum diagnosis and X-ray, diagnosed me with pneumonia caused by some Mycoplasma.
What else should I know about this specific type of pneumonia called Mycoplasma pneumonia!?

Hello. I was reading your post and determined that you were very lucky because you’ve contacted your doctor immediately and diagnosis is set pretty quickly.
Mycoplasma pneumoniae bacterium and common cause of community-acquired pneumonia.
You had almost all typical symptoms.
What's good about it- most cases of pneumonia due to Mycoplasma pneumoniae resolve after several weeks, of course, with appropriate treatment. Beside several antibiotics that are effective in reducing the length of illness, rest is also needed!
Wish you fast recovery!

hi i havesimiliar symptoms ive had a cough 4 at least 10 weeks probably more i have flem that is greyish black and i have sweats at night ...........i now usecan asthma puffer although im not asthmatic .........my chest hurts at night ...the cough produces a vrey loud wheeze ......ive had many meduicines both natural & man made with no real relief ..........ive had the dr say i had a chest infection but on my return when symptoms remained after treatment i was then told i had microplasm in my chest n would need stronger antibotics ive since taken all of theses but not a gr8 deal of relief i can feel my throat constrict and it gets harder to breathe especially as it gets colder ......he said it was contagious but only f i coughed directly on someone ..........ive had no xrays and no blood tests im trying to find a way to rid myself of this as im getting vrey rundown n losing too much weight my eyes have big black saucers under them and im down to 51 kg which is too skinny for me ......heres hoping you guys can shed some lighth thanks
tammy

I have had the same symptoms exactly- sweats at night, big puffy circles under my eyes, constriction in the throat, extremely exhausted. Also, I can cough up a huge, chunky, green ball of mucus at any time in the day. I am achy when I wake up, and it has been here for more than a month.
So I just went to the doctor & they took my blood. She thinks I am either infected with a microplasm, or I'm pregnant....Yikes. She says she will have the results back tomorrow.
Thanks for the posts. After reading yours, it makes me feel better and more confident that I'm not pregnant!