New Reply New Topic Followed by 11 people

Good Afternoon:

Twelve days ago I had an MRI on my spine, it was also the day I began my cycle. The first seven days were pain free (which was extremely satisfying to me since all my menstrual cycles are very painful). The eighth day my cycle had ended, or so I thought. In the evening while sitting at the computer a burst of blood came out with an incredible amount of force, then no bleeding at all. This has been a repeating occurrance since then. It is now day 13, so far this has not happened. I had an emergency DNC in '05 because my cycle lasted almost 2 months. My doctor advised I could have let it go and it would have "run its course and stopped eventually." I have my doubts though.

Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, im 23, had my first mri with contrast on january this year, my periods had always been normal, i was on the third day of my period during the mri, when i went home i noticed that my period had stopped and i was only passing small clots, ever since then, my periods have been light with small clots. It was all after the mri, i know this post is old but i'm hoping that you will see it and update on how are you feeling now. I don't know what to do as no one can tell me what's wrong, they say the mri had nothing to do but i know my body and i know it started after going through the mri..

I had an MRI with contrast last November 2013.  I knew my period was due any day, and when it came, it was extremely heavy and laste about 2 weeks!  My "normal" periods are only heavy the first day, then very light for 3-4 more days.  While getting the MRI, I felt intense heat in my lower abdomen area where the uterus is located, so I'm pretty certain this was the cause of such an abnormal period.

MRI stopped my period for several months, also. Each time. Doctors need to take us seriously. Something isn't right about this.

really!! I had an MRI, without contract, done on July 14. I am now 9 days late with 3 negative pregnancy tests. I have never been this late, except when I am pregnant. I was wondering if the MRI had something to do with it.

I had a MRI on the 31/10/14. I also felt intense heat in my stomach area. My period was due to start on 3/11/14. But it started a few hours after my MRI. I have been having extremely painful period pains. Which I have never had it this painful before. I will try an update if last longer than usual or any other symptoms. H*

Agreed! Had an MRI on Oct 31st (70 days ago), and I'm now on day 120 of my cycle (2 negative pregnancy tests). While my cycle is not regular, this is really out of whack!

Had mine around 8pm and my period came the next morning. My period should start in 6 or 7 days. I also noticed very strange black dots inside the sanitary pad on the third day of my strange period. Please let me know if you find anything. Thank you. 

I had an MTI last ngt already on my period which are normally heavy but I have had gushes of blood with extreme force.. Almost as if I peed blood... I could feel the magnetic force or somethg during the MRI..

I had MRI on the 5th day of my period (11 days ago). Since than, I've been getting brown spots on my underwear daily, which is unusual to me.

Just an update to my previous post. I had ultrasound test 2 month later after having MRI. Ultrasound showed a leaking cyst on my ovary. The doctor said that the cyst is a result of hormone disbalance, which could be caused by the stress. I think that during my stressful back pain experience (the reason of MRI test), the cyst was developed and MRI provoked it to leak causing the brown spots.

I'm 29 and had my first MRI on Thursday, August 6th, 2015 I was 3 days on a light period when I went in for a with or without contrast MRI. A day to 2 days later my period got heavy and ever since I've been heavy I'm going on almost 2 weeks this is not like me.

I got an MRI taken today for the second time in my life. I was already on my period the first time so it didn't even cross my mind that the symptoms had something to do w/ it. Last time I felt nausea after the MRI and my period lasted a few days longer than usual. Today I got cramps immediately after and also the first "swoosh" of blood. My period ended two days ago and I'm usually very regular so it definitely has something to do w/ the MRI. I'm glad but also sad that other ppl have gone through the same. I'll call the doctor tomorrow and ask if they have any medical explanation for this. I'll keep u updated if they do.

I had my MRI on October 05, 2015, thought I was in menopause, now I am having my period with intense pain both to the stomach and back, it's been flowing a lot

That is how I felt! I had an MRI today about noon and within two hours started my period. And I shouldn't have. I'm pretty regular so this was odd and I have intense cramps and painin my stomach and back. Glad to find I'm not the only one but going to call the doc tomorrow and let them know!