if you could choose between having 3 hobby-esque jobs (ie. photography, gardening, and running) that paid the bills...

or a better paying office job...

which would you pick?

just an interesting article i read.. granted the woman was 49, but it's interesting to see people that are going against the norm of having one set job and seeking multiple sources of income. (i'll add that she does have children)

The hobby jobs. Just because I can't see myself enjoying an office job.

hmmm i'd like the three hobby job to go please.

better paying office job - I like to keep life simple and am responisble to feed one wife , two trolls, one dawg and one fish

I think I want a regular job. Just because my hobbies are my relaxing things, and once I'm doing them for money, I would worry they'd no longer be my relaxing things Then I'd have the hobby jobs, and I'd have to take up more hobbies that don't bring in money just so I could get away from my hobby jobs.

Get it?

I've been doing a lot of scrapbookesque things with family pictures, only using picture frames instead of a scrapbook. Using pretty/wacky paper as the backdrop, then pictures/stickers/lace/etc on those inside the frame, then adding little things to the frame itself. JM thinks I could have a business out of this (which I highly doubt) but I wouldn't want to make that my source of income because it is a fun thing for me, and I'd like to keep it as such.

better paying office job - I like to keep life simple and am responisble to feed one wife and one dawg
:1: Relative Security. I know where my next paycheck is coming from and how much it'll be. I suspect 3 hobby jobs, while more interesting and fun, would not have that same relative security and we don't have the option of having a bad month.

I chose the office job.
When I was younger I worked 3 jobs. It wasn't the jobs I disliked but I'm not coordinated enough to keep track of everything. It drove me bonkers and I swore I'd never do it again.

I think hobby jobs would be more my speed. I have an office job, and I really like what I do, but most days I detest that I sit in an office all day. I do other side jobs (photography, stationary, invitations) and would love to be able to sustain myself on that stuff. Ideally I'd like a mix of both worlds - some structure of being an office setting a few days a week, and the freedom to work on other things when so inspired.

I think if i could be a apprentice gynecologist, then i could do both.
It would take care of 2 hobbies and pay very well. :mrgreen:

if I had an office job i would poke my eyes out.

go fer the office job AND keep the hobby jobs... yer young, energetic and engaged. You need the $, man.

I would like an office job of poking people's eyes out.

/or would that be a hobby?

I think that's called govmint work. HEY DAWG!! :h:

office job... and maybe 1 or 2 hobby jobs as a side thing...hard to keep track with 3 hobby jobs

Hobby jobs. Do what you love.