New Reply New Topic Followed by 12 people

We're waiting to see a gastic specialist about my 10 yr. olds condition. meanwhile since she is to young to take adult gastric relief meds. we've tried alka-selzer, pepsid, Gas-X, ect. No one seems to collate that her extreme nauseousness started when she stoped being able to expell excess gastric gasses. My daughter had the OH MY GOD colic as a baby and was on the strongest drug relief they could give at the time. As she grew older she became our burping (to make a truck driver proud) and our little pooterbutt (flagalates at night while sleeping continuously). The doctors are pushing antiacids. I'd just like to know how if you stop passing gastric gasses and doctors put it down to food allergies, nerves, to much stomach gasses. acid reflux ect. Are they even listening. She's vomited once just recently but for the last 2 months she rates her self at an 8 mostly (0-10 zero meaning no symptoms, EIght meaning she feels she will vomit any time. 9-10 vomiting) She's a 4-6 on good day but they come in waves. So although she is not vomiting in school she is miserable all day & nightand has missed 14 days of school. If this sounds familar to anyone PLEASEreply I can't stand to see my baby suffer and Insurance Co.s don't care. %-) %-) %-) %-) :'( :'( :'( :-( :-( :-(

My 9 year old daughter is going through the exact same thing. We're frustrated with the medical system. Did they ever provide any solutions for you? Or did she ever get over it?

My 8 yr old daughter has been on and off again nauseous for the past month. I first thought she had a virus, but after almost 2 weeks, realized that wasn't it. Then I thought maybe it was a dairy thing, since I sometimes experience nausea after eating/drinking a moderate to large portion of dairy. But thats not it. I am planning on calling the doctor on Monday. I feel so bad for her. When it comes on, it is sudden, her face gets pale, and she gets so upset, crying sometimes. What an awful feeling to have! She wakes up feeling this way every morning for about 30 min., then it subsides. Comes and goes throughout the day. Sometimes she will be free of it for 2 days, then it starts up again. I hope I will get some answers.

I am a 15 year old boy And I've had the same problem for 2 months now and the doctor thinks it is stress. I don't believe it is at all and I need to fix it soon. I've been missing school because I can't get through a class without needing to throw up. Idk what to do but did you figure out what was wrong? My instinct knows that it isn't stress and something is wrong in my stomach but I'm not sure what it is

Hi there.I would be very interested to know what the outcome of the nausea was.
Did your child get better eventually by herself?Was there a diagnosis?

My 9 year old son has also had awful nausea for 2 months now.
He is autistic but i'm not sure this has anything to do with it.He has never had tummy problems before appart from the odd vomiting/diaorrhea bug.

He has also missed lots of school due to the nausea but in 2 months he has only vomited one time.

He is usually strong as an ox and didn't miss a single day of school last year as he just didn't get ill.

His urine and stool samples i left at the doctors have come back clear so i don't know whats next.

Really hope to hear something.This is the only place i could find where people understand how frustrating and sad it is to see your child suffer without knowing how to help.
xx

I have had the exact same issue with my 9 y/o daughter. It's AWFUL! She began with the flu, which we all caught but got better. She never improved. Her stomach continued to be nauseous. She was home from school for weeks. We have been to several doctors. First they gave zofran to settle it and said it will pass. They ran blood and urine tests which came back fine. After a few weeks she was no longer able to have bowel movements and I took her to the ER screaming in pain. They said she was "backed up" a lot and had ileus. We went to two different ER's before she was able to go. They said that caused the nausea and it would go away once she "cleared out." That was two weeks ago. She has cleared out and is having diarrhea now, is still on miralax and high fiber diet, and is having regular bowel mvmt's, yet the nausea is no better. The third pediatrician said it could be constipation and acid reflux and put her on zantac, but that hasn't helped either. They referred her to a GI doctor, but there's no urgency and they're saying it could take a month to get in. In the meantime, I'm left with a child who excelled in school and was always vibrant, now calling me every day at work crying and most nights. She can only lay around or the motion makes her sick. she has been out of school 5 weeks now! I have no idea what to do, but can't stand to see my baby suffer anymore and I don't feel like the doctors have answers and they just shrug it off since she's maintaining her weight, eating and having regular bowel movements. Nobody see's this as urgent. I want to scream! Does anyone else have answers or ideas to help with nausea?

Reading all of your messages is like listening to myself about my 9 year old daughter.  I was wondering what the outcome was for any of you?

Did anyone get any answers??? My 11 year old is going through the same thing and nothing doctors have done have helped!!

Hi, my daughter had an ultrasound on Friday and it revealed slightly enlarged lymph nodes. We were told this is because there had been a viral infection and is also what is causing her bad tummy aches. She has been poorly with this now for just over 8 weeks and I've no idea how long this is going to go on for or what, if anything, they can do about it. It's put our mind at ease as at least now we can say what it is when people tell us its anxiety!!!!

Did you find any answers to this? I am going through this exact thing with my 11 year old daughter.

It's now been 10 weeks for our daughter and we still have no answers. She has been put on a wheat free diet and after nearly 2 weeks there is no change. We feel we have completely lost our once energetic daughter and although drs are giving her blood tests etc we don't feel they take us seriously. If anyone reading this ever found out what was wrong with their child please let us know,

My daughter is 12 going thru same thing.had acid reflux as an infant. But this nausea thing has just started and is getting worse

Hi, my 10 year old daughter has been suffering for the last few weeks. She has been complaining of tummy aches and that food no longer tastes right.  We've not yet seen the GP, however, I'm starting to think it may be migraine.  Apparently, they are quite common for this age group.  Has anyone else had this diagnosis?

Together with the constant nausea!

I know this is an old thread - but it shows high in search results as I was researching for my own daughters nausea - so wanted to post in hopes of helping someone else - My daughter is 11 and after having mono, came down with headaches and constant nausea. The nausea was much worse when standing vs laying down. She was losing lots of weight, hard to eat much at all, etc - symptoms were similar to flu or mono but the nausea was constant. After seeing our primary doctor 4x, and running every blood, urine and stool test possible, everything turned up normal. Primary chose to focus on psychological - stress at school, eating disorder, abuse, etc. We felt this just plain didn't fit her situation - so ended up in the emergency room at childrens for a second opinion. Because of our primary's notes focusing on psychological - we had to break down a ton of barriers and constantly advocate that it wasn't psychological. Long story short - after seeing 6 different docs and specialists and two nights in the hospital, they diagnosed her with POTS...apparently very common after the mono/EBV virus. Long slow recovery...but thank God it was diagnosed...many people go decades without getting a diagnosis. Hope this helps someone else going through the nightmare of a sick child!!!