New Reply New Topic Followed by 11 people

I realize this was a long time ago but i'm currently experiencing this. What was the problem with your daughter?

I am so sorry-and I completely understand. My daughter has been dealing with this since she was 4-she is now 12. We got it somewhat under control for a few years-but last year she got very sick. They are telling us it is anxiety but I feel there is a physical. We have been through multiple tests-gi scopes etc and everything is normal. She was hospitalized last year for 3 weeks in an eating disorder unit. She was diagnosed with ARFID (avoidant restrictive food intake disorder) caused by her anxiety due to her fear of throwing up. She almost died.....I am so sorry-but you are not alone in this-though it is very frustrating and painful to watch your child suffer. I cannot stand all the good advice from other parents who have no idea what we go through-'you just need to be more strict with her' give her ultimatiums....grrrr, She is in school now and is doing better but she wont eat at school so no lunch and is nauseous in the morning. I pray everyday for an answer.

I sorry your daughter has suffered so much. Has she improved? What was the problem? My 9 yr old son suffers from nauseA and I've tJen him to the dr. Etcetera..
Very frustrating to say the least..

I wrote on here last year and always meant to update if and when my daughter got better to give some parents who visit this site some hope. My daughters symptoms were persistent nausea and tiredness. She missed lots of school, would just lay on the sofa when she was home. She never had good days and we tried everything. Ultrasounds, various blood tests, gluten and dairy free diets she even had a gastroscopy. All the time we were told it was a virus. We tried therapy and even bought a puppy in case it was "all in her mind" and she needed snapping out if it. I must say the puppy did seem to make her happier which was lovely to see but I doubt it was the cure for her, but who knows! After 11 months we began to see an improvement. After a year she was better. Turned out the Drs were right, it was a virus and it seemed to leave her with chronic fatigue. This period in our lives was horrendous. I am sorry for anybody going through this. Every case is different so i don't think I should be giving advice except to say, listen to your child, believe them, and don't push them to do activities they clearly haven't the energy for. Invite their friends round to just sit and play quietly so they don't get too depressed and lose their social circle. Maybe getting a puppy was a bit OTT but we would have tried anything. Maybe getting a working cocker spaniel wasn't the best idea but we love him, even if he is harder work than a child! I hope anyone reading this has the happy ending we did. Nobody should have to see their child suffer. I even lost friends myself through their selfish behaviour and I wanted to scream at some for their ridiculous advice but mostly they are only trying to help with something they have no clue about. Good luck to you all.

Hello Everyone, my child is 10 years old and also has been experiencing nauseousness for the past 2 weeks with stomach upset. It first began with diarrhea so we took her to the doctors who prescribed antibiotics which helped the diarrhea but now she is extremely nauseous all the time. Has anyone received any answers?

Our 10 year old was diagnosed with POTS syndrome around the age of 10, after a bout of MONO...was constantly nauseous and losing weight, etc. Took a month or two to figure it out - gut wrenching sessions with general practitioners who insisted it was a counseling type of issue - i.e. Problems as school, etc. or an eating disorder, but we just didn't feel that was a fit. Finally an emergency room doctor at childrens was convinced to do a "specific gravity" test...where they take your blood pressure and pulse laying down and compare it to standing up...VOILA - that was one of the first heavy indicators of POTS. So if your child experiences a difference between laying down and standing up - feeling a lot more dizzy and nauseous when standing...for example taking a shower is a horrible experience, I would look towards the POTS side of things.

Nobody could figure out what to do with our daughter...so we actually leaned heavily on some physical therapists that kept us on a VERY rigid exercise routine for about six months...that is what completely turned the corner and she still stays very active to this day (she's 13 now) and rarely experiences symptoms. The exercises focused on keeping her heart rate between x and x range progressively for long periods of time...was quite grueling. It was based off of a study done by a doctor down in Texas that was never published officially - we had to pull quite a few strings to get our hands on it - let me know if anybody is in need of it!

My 9 year old has been going through this for 3 months. She had an ultrasound and it too revealed swollen lymph nodes. They said it was causing the nausea. But that was 3 months ago. . What was the outcome for your child?

What virus did you daughter have?

asmith,
i know this post is an old one, but you are 15?! wow! as a mother, i am very proud of you! i hope your parents are proud as well. to be 15 and having a problem, and not really getting answers or the help you need, and to actively go out and try to figure it out is wonderful! you are not just sitting back and going along and suffering. you are seeing a problem, and taking control and actively researching on your own to get to the bottom of it and solve it, and NOT waiting for someone else to do it and just trusting they know best. keep up with that kind of persistence in all areas of life, my dear. it will serve you well. i truly hope you have been able to find out what is going on with you, and i hope you are able to see this post.

I know this was posted a while ago but my 11year old son has suffered the same problem for 3 years now and is sent home from school everyday we have had so the usual tests but they can't find anything, did you ever get an answer to your daughter's symptoms, we are desperate xx

Have you asked the doctors to do a specific gravity test where they take the blood pressure and pulse both lieing down as well as standing up? That was the defining moment for us...showed the correlation to Pots - - -

Where do you live? My 10 year old daughter has been sick for 6 months and is seeking a functional motility specialist for the same thing.

Colorado...what are her symptoms?

I find this very ironic, I am currently going through the same thing with my 10 year old daughter. She has vomiting off and on for a bout a month, and has missed so much school. Her nauseous feeling comes on suddenly (mostly at night) but when it is during the middle of the day it's not consistent at all. He have had so many tests ran and everything is coming back normal, so frustrating as a parent to know there is something going on that they can't seem to figure out. Have you had any results? We are going to meet with a Pediatric GI Specialist in the next couple of weeks. We won't stop until things are figured out.

Get her a Stomach byopsy