Hi, I just found out that my 14-year-old daughter has a boyfriend who is 24. I am in shock and I want to report him, but I’m afraid that it could turn my daughter against me. I have to do something about this pedophile, but I don’t know what!

Report him now! That is one sick man who involved with a 14-year-old girl. There is a law against those maniacs for a good reason. A girl that young can only act like a woman, but she isn’t near to be one. It doesn’t matter if she acts or looks like a grownup, because inside, she is still a child. She is immature like all the other kids at the age of 14, and a grown man has no right to steal her innocence. You are her parent and you should be the authority! Even if she gets angry now, one day she’ll be grateful that you saved her childhood. She is only 14, and she is about to change a lot in the next couple of years. What if she realizes that she made a huge mistake just because no one told her that it’s wrong to sleep with a grown man when you’re only 14? She probably thinks that she’s mature just because she got her first period, or because her breasts started growing. However, we all know how far it is from the truth. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t say anything against you as a parent, but I really think you should do something until it’s too late.

Dont worry about what ur daughter says report him that nasty...Your daughter will thanx u in the future... Well all depends on type of person your daughter is but still report him. And i hope u know thats against the law. And before u report him talk to her and tell her why its not right she can date an 17 max but geez 24 u should get her some help too try school councelor or something.

You should defiantly keep them apart at all costs. What could a 24 year old want with a 14 year old other than sex. Report him and get a restraining order against him if you have to. You could just tell him to stay away from her, but I don't think that wil do any good. If they want to see each other they are going to unless you force them apart. She will get mad, but she'll get over it eventually. If you know it's best for your daughter then do it. Sometimes tough love is the best kind.

Wow slow down people. First thing your daughter will hate you if you interferre and the more you push it the more she will see him just stand back and see how it goes for a while, but keep a bloody close eye on them!! When I was 16 I was getting around with a 24yr old who is now my husband!!! Some girls prefer older guys but 14 and 24 is on the sick side. What is this guy like - ask to meet him if you haven't already. Is he a nice genuine guy or a real bad-ass. This will most likely fizzle in a short time anyway but if you do get involve it will only make things worse. Try and get your daughter to talk to you about him as if he was just another boyfriend you might learn what she sees in him this way a be able to gently steer her in the right direction. Think about this very hard before you go in balls and all!!!!
My mother never told me who I could and couldn't see but she did manage to steer me away from the guys she didn't want me involved with. but at the time I never suspected thats what she was doing, but at the end of the day it worked! If she had have told me "you can't see him he is too old/young/bad/good etc" I would have told her where to go and done it anyway. At 14 you are no longer a kid but becomming an adult and parents need to guide you in the right direction not push you.

u know forget what i said the person above me is right she might go suicidal and run away with him and things might get worst u should take it slow and get to know this guy... then try to break themup if u see that hes up to know good

I don't think you should wait and let this just pass and keep an eye on them. If you do she could end up getting hurt a lot worse than if you intervene now. I was dating a 22 year old when I was 14 and my parents didn't really do much about it. I though he loved me and I thought I loved him so when we broke up I was really hurt. Tell her in a way that she will understand why the relationship with her and that man will not work out. If you love your daughter you should do everyhting you can to prevent her from getting hurt.

What he is doing is illegal, and if you don't report him, your breaking the law too. Moreover your not doing your job as a parant, a parents job is to be hated by their children. So that when their old enought to use the logic part of their brain, they'll realize how great you were. As far as reporting this guy. DO what you feel in your heart is right for your daughter. Not what will make her happy now. But what will give her a better future.

If i am in your place i'll ask my daughter to take me to that jerk to beat him up and take him to the police because this is improper and he's braking the law.

Wen i was 15 i used to sleep with a 26 years old guy , first i thought it was fun but later and i don't know how my father new he beated me up sooo bad and reported the guy, i hated my dad , but now i really thank god for wut he did because he saved me and saved my future

Hi there!
Well this could be good & bad. My cousin started dating a 25 yr old man when she was 15. Now she is 38 & they just renewed their wedding vows. Have you had a talk to your daughter about your feelings? You should trust your daughter, people learn from their mistakes. It could all turn out just great.Good luck :-D

well when i was 14 i had a 23 year old. and it isnt a good thing they only want sex from a young girl and they try to make you feel all good but still thats all they really want in the long run.(maybe hes diffrent) but i'm telling you try to talk to them. tell her try for a younger young man like at least 17, 18 because when she gets hurt it want be pretty.you know if people knew you that you know your daughter goes with a 24 year old you could get in trouble.

What kind of mother would let that go on? No way in hell I'd let my 14 year old LITTLE GIRL be with a 24 year old GROWN MAN!!! That is sick and you'd be doing your daughter wrong if you don't report him! He belongs behind bars with the label of a sex offender because that is exactly what he is. And what makes you think he isn't with other 14 year old girls??? Do your daughter and humanity a favor and have that pervert locked up!!!

warn him the hell away from your daughter. to be honest that's sick, he should be mature enough to realise that it isnt good to be around a fourteen year old girl. she's just a little girl and he is a man. report him, explain to your daughter that you are concerned. try and get herto se that if she had a little girl she'd want the same as you. she isnt safe around this man.

ok first of all report him ur daughter will get over it it may hurt her at first but she will get over it

amb12387 wrote:

this is honestly ridiculous. The fact you were 14 and he was 22 had little to do with the breakup. The fact is the vast majority of relationships end in a breakup, regardless of age. I'm only 22, and don't intend on being a parent in the forseeable future, but I do know that the first rule of parenting isn't to shield them from the world. You have to let your children make their own mistakes. You have to be there to catch them when they fall. Getting hurt is part of growing up. If you shield your child from relationships while they are in adolesence, you are setting them up for disaster. What happens when your child is 20 years old and no longer a child? You are no longer there to stop them from being hurt, and as a result the only thing that will happen is pain of the like you cannot imagine. In your situation, the boy could have been 15, 16 or 17 and the fact is you still would have broken up and you still would have gotten hurt. The role of the parent is guidance, not control.