I have this feeling in my eyes, my eyelids always feel so heavy and. Feel like I will fall asleep instantly. I`m always tired. My eyes are always half way down. That`s probably the reason why I feel sleepy all the time. I can`t really concentrate on anything. Perhaps I`m just being so bored?

Hi, my eyelids are heavy also, I sleep a lot but when awake feel sleepy again. I feel like my eyes want to close and am trying to keep them open. Only for a short period of time, because my thoughts fly away and when I pay my attention to something else, my eyelids are suddenly heavy again and trying to fall down. I even went to see eye doctor, he told me to sleep more and found nothing of course. Perhaps it`s just a symptom, a sign from a body that something is wrong somewhere.

8-| my eye have also same problem now i try some antibiotics for a month but no use now i am using kerala ayurvedic drops name d sunetra and feel little betterness

i also have the same problem nearly everyday!In nearly fell asleep in my class the other day.

check out your thyroid (T3, T4 & TSH) levels....

regards

Feeling sleepy after sleeping and not being able to concentrate....may have a number of causes that can be investigated...as a first example, make sure that your breathing is all right during sleep and that you do not breathe through your open mouth ... in other words rule out Sleep Apnea as one potential cause.... If you have not checked your blood sugar, do that to rule out diabetes ... and if all the pathology is clear .... see a psychiatrist ... there is depression somewhere behind this...

Have you thought about acupuncture?  I am not a believer of western medicine with the hundreds of side effects, which in the end makes us worse and are relying on other medications to counter-effect the first issue.  Anyway, acupuncture cures several ailments.  My eyelids have been heavy lately, scheduled my appointment.  Also  try foot zoning!  This method is a up and coming health practice.  

did you ever get this sorted?

well my eyes have the same problem. I went to the optomologis and he said that I have 2020 vision and prescribed some refresh eyedrops but after a week I am still going crazy.

Do any of you have droopy eyelids or hooded eyelids? This can definitely make them feel this way.

Somebody told here that was depression, pfff! lol! Doctors always say it when they have not idea of what's going on. This is what I know that you want to check fi you have heavy eyelids: 

1-. Check for MG (Miastenia Gravis). 

2. Sinus problems: an infection can cause the heavy eyelids sensation. Edema under the eyes...

3. Human Parvovirus... etc.

4. Parasite infections, like Trichinella, etc can cause this symptom.

Doctors, don't much of infectology and parasitology, they are too busy and some of them yes, sorry but are very lazy like to do more research. 

I'm worried how doctors are so ignorant. 

Hope this helps, but please insist, doctors don't know everything!!

Bye.  

I complained to my endocrinologist, opthamologist, internist of this heavy "allergy" eye feeling....for 2 years. After getting 3 different pairs of glasses to try and remedy eye sight as well....finally the key word I used to describe this heavy eyelid, allergy eye feeling was "Droopy" ....that seemed to turn on the light bulb for my ophthamologist....he said to first check w/ my endocrinologist to check my Thyroid levels (have been on Levothyroxine for Hypothyroid for a couple of years)....all was good....then he said go check w/ a Neurologist for MG....Myanthesia Gravis. My symptoms were just related to my eyes.... I was eventually diagnosed with ocular MG. Hopefully I am one of those that do not progress to worse symptoms. MG relates to the muscles....ocular - eye muscles...thus the droopy, heavy lids. Hope this helps others.

Hi! Yes, MG, for instance but doctors are so ignorant. what the h. are they learning in the University? Also is good to check for thyroid disease, like Graves Disease. It's very difficult because we haven't studied medicine and those who have are so so bad doing research, the labwork can be normal, and they say, you have nothing, only stress and fibromyalgia, go home... :-/  

can you please elaborate more on the depression part? thank you.

I have this problem I sleep get up start working on the computer and my eyes start to close I have to fight to get anything done. The same thing when I read I love to read but lately I can't keep my eyes from closing but only for a moment but that is enough to lose tract of what you just read. Anyone have an answer of how to stop it just started a few months ago.