New Reply New Topic Followed by 16 people

Hi, my neighbours kids never stop screaming, and it drives me insane. Can’t that man teach them to behave politely?

Hi, it’s not easy to control children, but if you have problems with it you can ask your neighbour for quite at certain period of the day. I suppose that you have no children of your own, and have no baby sitter experience. Some children like to play in rather loud way, so it can be noisy for neighbours. But, usually as they grow up, they tend to develop some polite behaviour. Maybe, you can try to make some contact with them and try to explain that you need peace for taking rest from work, and children can be very compassionate.

These days most kids just scream for no reason and I mean SCREAM and I know the reason is to try and upset the neighbours so as to flush you out of your home, this is becoming widespread and you will find is drug related. You will also find the parents are noisy as well.
Why don't you noisy people get a life and stop disturbing the peace we are all entitled to.

ok - lets get this straight. I sympathise with the poster.

My neighbours have recently had a baby. They have a 4 year old girl, who woke me and my partner last night at 2am in the morning and she was *screaming* for an hour at 2am in the morning. A full tantrum.

It is now 7.30pm - the girls normal "bedtime" and I can hear her screaming in rage. It will continue for another 30-60 minutes. She bangs the blinds and pummels the door. I can hear this from our house.

I love kids, know they can be naughty, but there is a reason we have nick-named the girl next door "Little Evil".

The screaming results from a lack of discipline and routine in a child's life. Parents who let their kids get away with anything because they think it is cute, then turn around and try to get the child to behave in a particular way is going to be rewarded with a huge temper tantrum. Setting boundaries and establishing routines, AND STICKING TO THEM, is critical in a child's life to support normal development.
Also, neglecting your child of quality one on one mommy and daddy time will result in negative behavior for attention. It is extremely important to surround your active child with plenty of activities that stimulate their mind and keep them from getting bored or anxious, especially if you know that you are going to be distracted with chores or other things during the day.
I have a roommate whose child is like this and I try to give her subtle hints as to how to stop the screaming, but she never applies my advice because " I don't have kids and couldn't possibly understand."
I took three years of pyschology majoring in child development and while, yes, I don't have children, I do understand how a child's mind works and I do remember being a child.
If all else fails after your advice goes unheeded, just blast music when your neighbors unruly child starts screaming. You won't be able to hear the little brat and nine times out of ten you'll get a little serotonin boost when you start dancing to the music. ;-) Hope this helps.

married_chic wrote:

If all else fails after your advice goes unheeded, just blast music when your neighbors unruly child starts screaming. You won't be able to hear the little brat and nine times out of ten you'll get a little serotonin boost when you start dancing to the music. ;) Hope this helps.

My god - Do you really think its as simple as that because you took a 3year course ???? How about a dose of reality???? I have 3 children, all in a routine, all with rules & suitable discipline - and I don't mean smacking, but my 3 year old is extremely challenging and often screams & shouts for no reason - this can last hours sometimes, we sit & paint, we bake cakes, we play dress up, go for walks etc., whats the reason for her being a "brat" ??? Sometimes children have problems or bad tempers for NO apparent reason - you dont say wether or not you passed this 3year course but the fact that you automatically call a screaming child a "brat" makes me think maybe you should take it again!!!!!!!!!

The trouble is, unresponsible people are breeding without care today and most of these people seem to be young unmarried school girls with no respect for anyone. They have no plans to achieve anything in life other than be pop stars or glamor models. Whilst the Government continues to hand out money to these people to breed, it will continue. There is no excuse to get pregnant these days with all the free contraceptives on the market. But becoming educated or going out the work is too much effort for some people and breeding is the only thing they can amount to.

Once they produce babies, they seem to lack interest in raising them correctly. Maybe due to the fact they were never raised correctly. If the parents don't want to amount to much then the children won't either.

I live on an estate which is full of single mothers. None of the children behave themselves. They run around screaming at all hours. The older ones steal, break things and hang around the street corners drinking making a racket. There is no discipline with children today and that is why they get away with murder.

The users here who defend the bad parents and unruly children who are described here are the very people who are making everyone else life a misery. You should not be allowed to breed!

I have a 4 year old son, that can get a little hyper, but he has learned his limits right from when he was little. Everyone that has kids on here that is saying that sometimes you just have bad kids for NO reason, is completely ridiculous. You're obviously not doing the right thing to get them to stop, and you're letting them be in control. Stop being lazy and do something. You apparently have no respect for the people around you, or anyone that comes in contact with your children. I have a 21 month old that I watch who screams over everything. The lack of discipline she gets from her parents is incredible. It's getting to the point where I almost don't even want to watch her anymore, because my child can't even walk past her to get a toy without her shrieking! Parents need to learn that THEY'RE in control, NOT your child. If they're screaming and have a bad attitude, it's because YOU are letting them behave that way. Sure, some kids are more tough than others, but, you find a way that works. Stop making excuses about your lack of discipline. I don't care how much and long you work, if you decided that you wanted to have kids, you also take on that responsibility to raise them properly. If that means you have to get on their case EVERY time they misbehave for a few weeks, then so be it. In the long run, you're making your child a better person. I am so sick of parents making excuses. I worked at a day care for 6 years and you can tell the parents that really make an effort, and the ones that are too lazy. You wouldn't continue to let a puppy pee all over your floor and chew all your furniture because "some just do it for no reason" would you? Exactly, then don't let your child behave in essentially the same manner.

I have the SAME issue as the poster of this. The difference is I have kids. I see alot of parents replying on here and they're saying Oh u dont have kids so u wouldnt understand.

Let me tell you I have a 15 and 11 year old. And when they were toddlers I did understand kids play. But as a parent it would of drove me beyond nuts if the kid was stomping thru the house. I always tried to find constructive things for the my kids to do. I didnt let them run around and tear up things and pretend to play WWF wrestling.

Plus kids should be put to bed at a proper sleep time. No if and(s) or but(s).

My neighbor when I moved in 2 yrs ago the landlord said this is a quiet house. And it was the 1st yr. I was told my neighbor upstairs has ONE kid. And shes unmarried. well now she has 2. One teenager that blast rap music and the toddler who things its the tazmanian devil. The baby runs from 9am to somtimes get this 1AM! I dont know how or why this baby does. I've complained to her and the landlord. But for most people its like oh it a toddler...well for me the toddler should be in bed by a certain time not having an animal house party lol.

Well if anyone fig's out how to deal with this tactfully with out screaming at thy neighbor please advise. Thank u...

New neighbors moved in last year with three small screaming kids and three roaming cats. The kids scream all day long while playing in their blow up pool and their cats are using my flower beds as their personal litter box. A few weeks ago I noticed that my neighbors installed a new sand box for the entertainment of their kids. The sand box is placed in the furthest most corner of my neighbors yard right next to my fence in plain view from my kitchen window. The neighbor kids are in the sand box constantly playing and screaming. Something I’ve noticed is that the parents haven’t once ventured out to the sand box to monitor their childrens’ antics. I’ve also noticed is that the neighbors’ three cats are no longer coming into my yard but instead they’re using the new sand box as a litter box. No more cat poop in my yard and for the first time in my life I’m actually enjoying watching kids at play. There is a God!!!

Um, I can sympathize with some comments but my goodness there are some hateful people on here! To sit and enjoy watching children play in a sand box that is being used as a litter box is disgraceful.

Or why must there always be a racial comment made? Why can't it be just loud music? So what you're saying is if it was loud rock music or loud classical music it would be acceptable?

As a mother on the internet looking for help to work on these situations with my child i am so disappointed in the pathetic behavior of adults.

Who is the real child hear?

Thanks to the great mothers on hear posting that obviously do care about their children and how they are behaving!!

The parents are to blame for the unruly behavior of their children. Parents who have a lack of respect for their neighbors will breed children who also have a lack of respect and hence will show in their behavior. I have a neighbor in South Villa Park IL who has three children, 3, 5 and 8 oh and a dog.... which they definatly did not need. The children are outside day and night without parental supervison. The three year old can be found at the end of the block all alone. While pulling out of my driveway the three year old came up to my truck and tried to hit it with a baseball bat.....no parents around. They also play in vehicles that are tured on. What is also suprising is the father is a police officer in a different suburb....you think he would know what child endangerment means?! The mother whistles for her children as if she were calling a dog. Very shameful behavior! I have two children myself and would never allow my children to disturb others in the way they do. I am not being unreasonable, I have been very tolerant. I am not sure what is happening to people......use your common sense! People need to start teaching their children to act appropriately.

It's pathetic when people think everyone should enjoy listening to "happy children playing". What's so happy about listening to constant screaming from bratty kids? If the parents can't handle shutting up their brats, then do us all a favor and don't procreate in the first place. You're all contributing to over-populating the planet and ruining the environment.

I'd much rather hear my neighbor's dog bark over the sound of screaming. Animals make noise when they need something, and I can understand that, but kids will constantly scream and throw tantrums for no reason other than to get attention and get what they want. Yet people seem to do something more about barking dogs than bratty kids, and I don't get that. You tell a brat to shut up and they'll just be louder and more obnoxious on purpose. At least animals can be trained.

The people on here defending the screaming kids need to wake up and smell the coffee. Screeching and screaming and yelling for literally FOUR hours is effing ridiculous. They do this every day. They run around in the street up and down the block in front of the houses even though they have a big backyard to play in. They are ages 6-12 and yell F**K and S**T and B**CH at the top of their lungs. It is now 9:30pm with no end in sight. Meanwhile I have NEVER seen a parent step out of that house in the two years I've been living here. I don't even know for sure that an adult even lives there!! Other than these kids, it is a quiet and pleasant neighborhood...but after school and all summer long it is a jungle.

I don't have kids, but my sister has four that I'm around constantly, that are all very young. She has taught them the concept of inside/outside voice, and that you can't just run around and scream because you feel like it. Just like our parents taught us. Outside in a public park - okay to make loud noise. In your back yard surrounded by neighbors, NO.

Recently we had some people move next door, and their kid is either screaming or sobbing from sunup to sundown. There are many other kids in the neighborhood, and this ONE child makes more noise than all of them combined. This is not just a kid playing. All of the kids in our neighborhood play outside, and make some noise. This is just screeching, growling, banging on things, and then hysterical sobbing. There is a mother and grandmother, who just side inside watching TV with the door open, and every three minutes one of them shouts "Michael Lucas, STOP DOING THAT!!!". It's insane. I tried talking with them about it, but they 1) don't realize it's a problem for a child to be outside screaming all the time and 2) thought I was intolerant of their "beautiful, creative child". If he grows up to be Picasso, I'll be sorry. But all I can see is psychotherapy for this monster that our other neighbors called a "found feral child raised in the jungle by howler monkeys".

Since then my solution is to run a huge fan inside on high. It's irritating, but it creates a white noise that blocks out the screeching and wailing. When I see that their car is gone, I turn it off. The second I hear that little brat, I crank it up. I thought about blasting noise in their direction, but don't want to give them any ammunition to say that I make noise, too. We are also (meaning all our neighbors and us) calling their landlord every other day to ask what he's going to do about this.

Children should be allowed to be children. That doesn't mean that everyone else around them needs to suffer.