I'll start off by saying that it is actually quite rainy and cold where I live right now, but I know that hotter whether is just around the corner, plus I am running low on the winter moisturizer I am currently using, one that contains retinol. This was my first time using retinol and it has worked well, but I know it is drying and increases sun sensitivity so knowing that my skin usually gets dry as parchment, I know I will need something else for next time. 

What ingredients should I be on the lookout for? Any particular moisturizers you'd like to recommend to me?

Celebrity

Both summer heat and the air conditioning that you will inevitably be exposed to during summer will dry your already dry skin, so it makes perfect sense that your dry skin gets drier when it is hot outside! If you go swimming on top of already draining environmental conditions, your skin will be crisp as crackers. You need to be looking for moisturizers that label themselves as hydrating during this time. Both hyaluronic acid and glycerin are surprisingly effective ingredients during times such as these. As sun exposure damages your skin's natural barrier, you will also need a very good sunscreen, not just the one that is in your moisturizer but separately.

Celebrity

People usually use lightweight moisturizers that infuse moisture rather than oil in summer, but if you suffer from very dry skin like I do, you may want to consider testing out natural oils or moisturizers containing them. Jojoba oil, Argan oil, and even coconut oil can all be good choices, along with products that contain bees wax. I would never recommend them for summer for people who do not have very dry skin, but they work well for me personally, as my skin tends to stay dry year-round. It will take some experimenting to find out what really works well for you, so if you can, buy multiple oils at once and see which you like.

Rosie

Oh, I think jojoba oil and argan oil are really great though I'm not sure about coconut oil (other than for cooking), but if those don't work, almond oil feels a little more greasy and stays more greasy for a longer while so maybe you could give that a go. Maybe you could use almond oil for at night and then use a lighter oil in the day time? Don't forget to put a towel on your pillow though as it may stain a little. If you use almond oil your skin gets more supple over time, not just while you are wearing it.

Celebrity

Some moisturizer you may want to look into buying if you are suffering from dry skin even in summer are:

• Clinique Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator
  • Sonia Kashuk Replenish Essential Face Crème SPF 15
  • La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX Daily Moisturizing Cream SPF 15
  • Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

I'm leaving you here with this short list of moisturizers (and SPF is great during summer especially if you have dry skin), because you seemed to specifically be asking for actual recommendations rather than general guidelines. You should always keep an eye on moisturizers specifically listed as being for dry and sensitive skin of course, and try to either look for an SPF or use one separately.

Health Advisor

Hiya,

I'm personally a fan of Dr Organic which is a UK brand, all organic as the name suggests and with the highest possible quality ingredients. Their vitamin E super hydrating cream works absolutely wonders on my skin. You know how some moisturisers make you go the other way, from slightly dryish skin to completely oily and shiny skin that looks just as awful? Well, this one don't do that. The cream's absorbed really easily without leaving that awful greasy layer. The stuff goes IN the skin, not ON the skin, kwim? It makes your face feel real soft and provides lasting hydration. Def something to check out 'cause it's awesome.

My skin really does not need much creaminess in the summer. It quickly gets too oily. For me, Olay active hydrating fluid lotion works well. It infuses moisture without giving you that oiliness that is so detrimental to your look in the summer, you know? I would not assume that just because your skin is dry in summer, you need to slap on the cream. Perhaps look into lighter hydrating lotions like that one and see where that takes you?

You could be disappointed but on the other hand perhaps it is just what you need, and trying for a while can't do much harm.

HTH

I have dry skin too. I like using honey a lot. Just rub some honey on the dry areas. Using cold milk is good too. I also heard that you can put yoghurt, which is meant to be good and using olive oil is also moisturizing. I will soon try that. I also use this moisturizer which helps a lot. Coconut oil is good to use too. Avocado is nice, just blend it and then put it on the dry areas. Also tried almond oil. I also heard that you can use shea butter. I have not tried that yet but I probably will. I just heard that oatmeal helps. I will try that too. Vaseline is really good too. Good luck on getting rid of that dry skin!