Hi all, I just joined your forum. I would like to tell about my experience with ACV. I started taking apple cider vinegar about 3 months ago, I mix 2 tablespoons of Bragg's ACV with 1/8 teaspoon baking soda. This combination of apple cider vinegar and baking soda diet helps my weight loss. This is alkaling the body and the baking soda keeps the vinegar from taking enamel off your teeth. You can use ph strips to see how alkaline it is, I mix this and let it fizz and then add 4 ounces of water, dosen't taste good, but it works, The Bragg's vinegar has the mother, where you get all your minerals, I take this 3 times a day, 1 hour before meals. At first I didn't see any weight loss, I did research and found out that you might weigh more because it puts the minerals into your bones, but I started seeing a loss of inches, my clothes were getting loose! To date I have lost 20 pounds, have more energy and my joints feel better. This cocktail is recommended 5 days on, 2 days off. They say acid away, pounds away, I am a believer. I help my mother in a herb store and alot of testimonies come in on the ACV with the mother. This is raw, unfiltered vinegar. My acid reflux is gone too! My father=in-law was almost bed ridden, he started on ACV and is now up cutting grass, working in his wood shop and has lost 2 shirt sizes all ready. Hope this helps with the ACV. dry

How much have you taken and how long have you been trying it?

How long did it take you to lose the 20 lbs?

YOU ARE SO RIGHT - IT GIVE YOU ENERGY AND LOTS OF IT ADDITIONAL BP WENT DOWN FROM 150/95 TO 117/73 LAST TAKEN AND JUST GENERALLY FEEL GREAT!!  I TAKE 1/4 TSP WITH ACV  ( BRAGGS VINEGAR ALSO).  THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hello to all! Im new to the acv diet and for me im doing great! Im eating less and im feeling full a lot faster! Im afraid of diet pills due to my health issues,i plan to stick with the diet until im at the desired weight I want,good to you all! ;)

Apple cider vinegar may aid in weight loss by stabilising the blood sugar for a longer period and helping to control the appetite.But it should be accompanied with a healthy and balanced diet too..Being rich in natural minerals, vitamins and enzymes makes apple cider vinegar a great addition to any detox ..

Hello there ... I want to ask u does it really work?? N after how many days we can see difference in our weight loss ...

I'm a 22 year old woman and I'm fed up with my belly fat........HEEEELLLPPP!!!!

Celebrity

I've cleaned my toilet and bath with baking soda and vinegar before and it works well. Why it works well is because the two interact with each other and are kind of abrasive, getting rid of limescale and the like. For this reason I have no idea what would happen inside the body when you mix them together.

I will say though that I have used baking soda with water against heartburn and that works AMAZINGLY well. But the two taken together? I'd have to do my research before daring to do that kind of thing. It would be nice to lose a few pounds though.

I have heard these rumours as well, that apple cider vinegar can help you lose weight and can be good for all kinds of things, such as a sore throat and even cancer prevention. What do I think about this? I think that obviously it would not hurt to try, because it is all natural and the worst it is going to do is give you an upset tummy, but I would not expect miracle results. Now, the danger comes in when you put your trust in apple cider vinegar and might not look for other solutions. In this case, not eating too much and doing a bit of exercise seems like a sane idea. If you do it all at the same time, you will not be sure what things are causing the effect though.

Celebrity

The first thing that comes to mind when I read this thread is that we eat too much salt. Almost all processed food, of which we eat many more than we really should in the west, contains not just a little too much salt but a lot. So replacing salt with apple cider vinegar, which is what some people  recommend, is interesting.

ACV improves digestion and gut health and I have heard of people using it to lose weight very successfully. Since it is very healthy, almost like a dietary supplement, I see no reason not to try this if you want to lose weight or even if you just want better gut health.

Rosie

Celebrity
Though I know that when I drink vinegar, which I have tried to stop hiccups *my grandma used to advise thus*, I feel a heartburn like sensation, I doubt that vinegar on its own is so unhealthy for the body. It is the chemical reaction that baking soda and vinegar have together, and then drinking that, that I am worried about. If it causes weight loss, is that because it makes you ill? I would not be surprised. Though I want to lose weight I don't want to do it that way unless I am very sure it is safe.

Coca Cola is also used to clean metal, toilets, to get a nice tan under the sun and more. You stomach and body can tolerate way more than we think.

It's only 1 or 2 tap of account to 1/8th of a tap of baking soda.
A very very small quantitiy, then diluted down with water.

Correction.
I meant *Tsp not tap