My younger brother raped me when he was 9 and I was 11 . I feel like it's my fault as I was the older one. I kept silent about it however I've just found out he has been arrested for child abuse. Now I feel worse, if I'd said something maybe that wouldn't have happened. I'm married and I have 3 adult children so why can't I move on from this.

Shining Star

Dear Fairypoo. 

I am so sorry to hear about this. It is not your fault. If possible get counseling - any kind of professional help - either group sessions or one on one sessions, or phone or online help if you don't want face to face contact with a therapist or a group. It was definitely a traumatic experience and this is the reason you keep coming back. It is not your fault for being raped - and it is not your responsibility and you would have not probably saved the child - do not put that burden on yourself.

I wish you all the best and that you find that inner peace.    

I am vary sad :-(,,to read what you said your BROTHER did . All i can say is I will PRAY for you if that is OK with you .. and I will pray for your brother TOO.. From Miss Samey