Hi, I was diagnosed with mycoplasma pneumonia infection. I have headaches, muscle pain and dry cough. It lasts more than five days, and a doctor prescribed me antibiotics. What are the prognoses?

Well, if you’re in good health besides mycoplasma pneumonia infection, it should pass within a week without any treatment. However, if it causes pneumonia, it will last for several weeks and it will have to be treated with antibiotics. Mycoplasma pneumonia is an infection of the lungs, and it usually affects people younger than 40. Symptoms usualy don’t apper right away, but after a week or two. Most common symptoms of mycoplasma pneumonia are headache, chills, fever, cough, sore throat and chest pain. If you’re not sure in diagnosis, there are some tests you can do, like chest x-ray, sputum culture and blood tests for antibodies to mycoplasma. Mycoplasma pneumonia can lead to some serious conditions if it spreads to much. Beside pneumonia that I already mentioned, it could lead to pharyngitis and bronchitis, so be careful.