Hi, i have recently become shortsighted (-0.75). I have been wearing glasses/contacts since i became shortsighted. When i wore them all the time my eyes went worse (from -0.75 to -1.25). They have now, after taking glasses off for close work, gone back to -0.75. I would like to know why i get very tired when i dont wear glasses for long distance, also get headache and eyes some times pulsate (can see the pupil beeting). Would like to know why i get extremely tired when i dont wear glasses, why my vision got worse when i wore them for close work (week eye muscles?), why it seems to effect my concentration/ thinking ability and why my eyes pulsate and if this is something to worry about. (seems to pulsate more when doing physical activity). I am alo currently wearing -1 glasses, whereas my prescription is currently -0.75.. I am getting bifocals which will mean that my eyes wont get worse from close work. I am still experiencing slight headaches and tiredness from wearing my -1 glasses. My last question is is this because my glasses are abit too strong and will getting correct prescription bifocals fix the problem..? Thanks, any information would be apreciated :-)

You'd get headaches and tiredness when not wearing your glasses because your eyes are straining to see. This is very common with people who have vision problems.

If you're wearing glasses to correct shortsightedness and you're really close to things, it could be because the glasses then become too strong. The glasses are trying to help you look farther, so when you're up close to something, it's probably too much for your eyes.

I don't know why your eyes pulsate. You may want to ask a doctor about that.

ok thanks alot.. Just wondering why i experience these headaches/fatigue when not wearing glasses, whereas most shortsighted people i know are abe to go through the day without the aid of glasses to compensate for their myopia and who only need to wear there glasses for viewing things at distance.. Is this something to do with muscles? Thanks again in advance :-)

Hi, ive been getting really bad headaches for the last several months and the pain is quite bad usually behind my eyes, which makes my eye sight go blurry at time and have to blink a few times to get my eyes focused.

I have already been to get my eyes checked and everything seems okay just have a lazy left eye which doesnt require glasses because its not that bad, and i have already seen my GP to get a CT scan which showed up all clear.

What Can i do because it just seems to get worse and worse, please help