Hi, I have been training for two months now. The sport I am activated in is bodybuilding. At first I only wanted to tune up my body. But now I like the way I feel. However, I heard that I must intake a certain amount of calories to achieve better results. I want to know what the necessary daily calorie intake is.

Hi, any kind of sport activity can be overwhelming for the organism. This is especially true for bodybuilding. When one goes on the training in the gym, he must be prepared. The kind of exercises that go on there must be supported by proper nutrition. Necessary daily calorie intake should be in range of thirteen to fifteen calories per pound of body weight. Of course, other elements are needed as well. I must also say that you could take somewhat more amounts of calories since you are physically very active.