:cry: Hi my name is April and I am 16 years old 5'1 and I weigh 148 pounds. I hate myself from head to toe. my mother is a gorgous skinny woman as are the rest of my family and I am the ugly fat outcast. I need advice on how I can lose weight before my family reunion, in 2 weeks. I dont care how unhealthy it is how much pain ill be in as long as I can lose at least 15- to 20 pounds in 2 weeks. Please anyone tell me what I can do. I will do ANYTHING. :cry:

prella wrote:

Hello April

I am sorry for the way you feel, but there is no fastest way to loose weight. All the gimmicks out their that tell you that you can loose weight fast taking pills , or whatever are all bad for you and don't do anything to help. I am in the same boat I am 5 4 and 154 pounds. I was heavier, but I go to the gym and do cardio, and weight training. Not only does it help you to lose weight but it builds up your self esteem. I am around skinny people all the time and I understand your frustration with it, but just work at it and it will come. I always eat breakfast, and 5 mini meals throughout the day. Remember your body is like a fire, if you don't keep fueling it, it will die down to nothing. Your body needs to know that it will get more food, or it will burn muscle instead of fat. I have faith in you, just work at it.

I have just read your comment April. I feel badly for your experience. I have also struggled with my weight and found that the people around me, including doctors and family members were unable to help. By researching on the internet and seeking the help of a naturopathic doctor I have found my way back to a healthy body. Here are some things to consider:

- Do you have a healthy thyroid? The tests your doctor does may not be the answer. There are tests online to determine if you have a healthy thyroid. And there are nutritional ways to help if you feel you have a problem with your thyroid, which has a huge consequence for your metabolism. People with hypothyroid (underactive thyroid) often cannot lose weight no matter what they do. A couple of things that can affect your thyroid are mercury toxicity from your fillings or from vacinations, and also candida overgrowth in your intestines and lack of vitamin D from the sun to help your ileocecal valve. Look these things up, they all tie into a healthy thyroid.

- I agree with the other person who commented about having 5 smaller meals. You can research ways to keep your metabolism reved up that do not do harm to your body.

- Weight bearing excercise helps burn more calories at rest. This is a crucial part of your workout routine.

These are things you have to look into yourself, and it will amaze you the information you can find on the internet. Especially interesting is the information you will find about coconut oil and saturated versus unsaturated fats. You'll be surprised that some saturated fats like coconut oil can help you LOSE WEIGHT.

I wish you the best of luck in your search to a trim and healthy body!

I know it's a little late to be giving a reply here, but I just thought I would since no-one here is answering your question "fully".

5'1 and 148lbs is pretty bad, most people won't say that openly but it's true and it's why you are here. However, don't get upset about it, just be objective it's the way things are but it's not a mystery why as it might sometimes feel.

I have never struggled with my weight. I have however gained considerable amounts and then decided, well I need to get rid of this!

It's not a secret, and don't believe gimmicks or pills (thought I'm sure some of them help to some degree).

Excluding the fact that you have some kind of medical condition (these conditions I know nothing about) that prevents you from loosing weight, I have heard of and do believe they exist, it's matter of calories burned and calories consumed. Sure the break down of sources from fats, carbohydrates and sugars does matter but you can't escape the fact that the bottom line matters most, on the scale and in your stomach.

So I'm going to offer three ways to loose weight that I am sure will work with results that you will be able to see.

Plan 1
This plan is very unhealthy and will provide quick weight loss but doing it for more than 2 weeks will probably cause problems in your body, I know it from experience only and I'm not a medical guy of any kind.

- Only drink water, and drink lots of it (4-6 litres per day, but not all at once to keep you saline levels up this will keep you hunger somewhat at bay. At first you'll gain weight and pee a lot, that's ok it's because your body has been storing water because of the drought you've likely been putting it through, after a week or so you'll loose all your water weight.
- Don't eat very much, eat small frequent meals of vegetables. Celery rather than patatoes or carrots. But I can't stress very little enough, a meal consisting of 20 baby carrots would be a maximum.

With this plan you'll loose lots of weight, more muscle than fat, your breasts will sag slightly but you can loose 10lbs a week on this, you'll feel week, dizzy and might get a bit depressed (because it takes your insulin a while to drop after the sugar (grain, refined sugar etc)

Another alternative but similar to this plan is an all juce diet, where you juice real vegetables for all your meals, I've never done this so I can't speak for it with certainty but I imagine it would be healthier than mine and have the same success.

Plan 2
This is one of the two healthy plans I will offer

Measure your food, (get a kitchen scale) there are many free calorie counters on the internet. Using this plan you won't loose more than 2lbs a week but it ads up (8lbs a month) is a lot. Eat no more than 1000 calories a day (many people will say this is too low, but of them how many are trim?)

Eat small meals, 5-6 of them a day. Eat at 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm and 6pm. Try your best to keep the quantity of food in each of these meals equal.

Also you'll need to rebase your calories to a lower number after you loose weight, take 50 calories off your daily intake for every 10lbs you loose I assume you don't want to weigh much less than 110lbs at the end of all this. If you find your weight loss stops and you've taken off 50, take off 50 more.

Also instead of worrying of food content just stick by the natural as possible rule. Eat whole grain bread (not white) you'll find in the end that white bread will taste gross after 2 months of this. Never eat things like pizza pockets, cookies or anything like that. That kind of food has 10 times the calories of real food, and will leave you hungry. Canatlope is a great fruit, spinach is a great vegetable, avoid potatoes and carrots you'll get what you need from the cantalope. Eat meat but keep it to tuna, chicken, and the rare treat of lean ground beef. Drink milk, (skimmed) don't have cheese.

Plan 3
This is exactly the same as plan 2 except eat 1300 instead of 1000 and make sure to do 30 minutes of real exersize a day. Go for a brisk walk, use an exercise bike, go for a swim. It has to be 30 real minutes to deserve those extra calories. You won't loose lbs as fast (because of muscle gain) but you will loose fat as fast. With this plan use a mirror instead of a scale, you'll know what I mean after a month.

Eat more tuna and chicken in this plan as you'll need the protein.

To sum up
You said you would do anything, and anything is

- Count calories for your meals
- Get up and exercise, for real (it will be extremely hard at first, you'll get naucious, you may vomit when you hit the wall (that's when you know you've gone a bit too far which usually happens from running or heavy biking). If you find biking boring do weight lifting, it's great because the bigger your muscles are the more calories you burn just by sitting. Do heavy weights 10 reps, 8 reps, and 6 reps as heavy as you can do all of those one after another do not change the weight in between sets. When you can do 10/10/10 it's time to move up in weight. Move up 5lbs per arm (for arm exercises) and 10lbs per leg (for leg exercises). Use freeweights rather than machines.
- Do not sway, don't eat out, don't reward yourself for loosing 2lbs, don't eat package foods you cook in the microwave.

Good luck!

To the twelve year old that wrote right above:
-Excersise, its dificult at first but if you find something you enjoy doing and listen to music while doing it, it will help a lot.
-Eat well balanced meals and count your calories, this is sometimes a pain but will really help you. Say up front how many calories you are going to consume each day so you wont keep increasing the amount.
-Write down everything you eat, this will let you look at the food you should substitute the next day and also helps me keep track of my calories.
-Drink lots and lots of water, drink it instead of softdrinks or sugary juices.
-Think positive! If you feel yourself getting depressed you will be more likely to stray from your diet and eat comfort food.
-Dont make yourself miserable! If you want a cookie, eat a cookie. Just make sure you do really really good the rest of the day. ITs good to treat yourself and give yourself rewards.
-Find your healthy weight. and it will tell you a healthy weight for you, dont try to be too thin or make unrealistic goals.
I hope you end up loosing weight, just stick through it and im sure youll look great for the summer!! Im sorry you feel so bad about yourself, hopefully this will help!!

Hello, My name is Jeffrey. I am a 5'8", 44 yr old male. I weigh in at 227lbs. I am so frustrated with my weight. I have tried all the gimmicks out there. Pills, Drinks, Patches, Water diet, Fasting, Vitamins, Protein diets, Carb diets, Green tea, Weight loss centers. NOTHING seems to work. Of course I lost a little bit of weight, 10-12 lbs in a month, then it comes right back and even more at times. Friends and Family are always saying. "It's not your clothes that make you look fat, It's the fat that makes you look fat" or Tenants refer to me as the "Chubby man". No one ever comments about my weight, because the obvious is there. I am fat! I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror. I covered my mirror at home in bamboo rods except for the face to shave. I need help desperately. I want to be the person who loves himself and others love me and I want to feel good about myself. I look at other men my age and feel sad that I don't look that good. If there is any way someone can give me direction, I would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

i've tried every diet on the planet. atkins...low carb is the only thing that works for me. i lost 15 pounds in 5 weeks and felt great. never hungry like other diets. also join sparkpeople.com its free. keep track of everything. i keep my carbs under 50. for your weight you should stay under 80-100 per day.
of course you must also exercise. to maximize weight loss do cardio. then dial in weight training when you reahc a satisfactoiry weight.
good luck

Well :C I've had problems too, and it's kind of hard to control hunger but it's not that hard to just not eat and exersize your butt off :-D (hehe)
You just have to have will power
..alot of it.

This isn't healthy, and I know it. But it worked for me.

I'm 5'6, and I was 252 lbs. Basically, I stopped eating anything other than green vegetables. Once a week I would eat Tofu, once I would eat Chicken, and once I would eat Fish. My carbohydrate intake was less than 3 carbs/day. I would only drink water. No sugars, no salts, no oils at all when I cooked. I didn't eat out AT ALL. I took multi-vitamin supplements for the vitamins/minerals I was lacking (I took 2 of the one-a-day every morning). I would drink 8 bottles of water per day.

I did NOT exercise at all.

Within the first three weeks, I lost 34 lbs.

After that, I lost 20~25 lbs/month for the next 4 months.

Once I reached 130 I realized I'd have to exercise in order to keep the weight off if I wanted to eat "real" food. So I started doing cardio workouts an hour/day. That sped up my metabolism enough to be able to consume carbs without gaining all the weight back.

I've been roughly 130 for the past 6 months and am feeling great.

But, I have a lot of sagging skin. You can expect that if you're obese and lose a large amount of weight. It doesn't matter if you lose it slow or fast, if you're obese and lose a lot of weight, it's bound to happen. This is something only surgery will fix.

this tip i'm about to give you isn't the "natural" way...but it helps lose that weight FAST.

chew a lot of sugar-free gum and use a lot of sugar-free syrup and sugar-free candies

the main ingredient you're trying to consume is called "sorbitol."

if you consume too much of this ingredient, extremely fast weight loss (usually 20% of your body weight) is lost.

one lady went from 114 to 90 pounds just like that, and another man lost 46 pounds. i, myself, have tried it for 5 days and i lost 12 pounds so far (even though i only went from 138 to 126 lbs. and i'm 5'9'')

hope it works!

oh and eat a lot of LEAN protein and eat small meals about 2-3 hours after your last one. this helps rev up your metabolism.

one more tip (sorry!), drink a lot of fat-free skim milk because it's proven that high intakes of calcium along with low-calorie consumptions speeds up metabolism and can sometimes DOUBLE the speed at which you are losing the weight.

hope it helps!

okk thee person whoo wrote coocaine?wth.
well yeaa it helpss you..but you will probably get
addicted as i did:(
well just drink watterr.for a week
butt ONLY Water and VEGGIES:)
Its Unhealthy Buy It Will Worrk:)

This is to everyone that wrote about trying to loose weight an couldn't or wanted learn how to loose weight (quickly).
I started my life changing food habits last summer (July). I needed to loose allot. I weighed in at 280, I'm 6'1"...
I decided that day I would change my life and never look back. Here was my method, and I'm sure it was completely unhealthy. But it worked.
I threw away every ounce of food in my house. What I bought was Lean Cuisine's. Those box tv dinner things. On the front of the box lists the calories and fat content. I stuck my daily calorie intake to no more than 600 calories and fat content under 10 grams. ALL I would eat is 1 for lunch and 1 for dinner. Stressing 1 and only 1 for lunch and dinner. I never had anything on the side or cheated. I had no other food in the house to cheat on (important) (git rid of all the other food so you cannot cheat). And all I ever drank was water. I exercised daily, at least doing crunches and a little bike riding if not more like walking around my complex or something.
By sticking to this diet and never going off course I was able to loose 65 lbs by christmas. I dropped 4 pant sizes by this point as well.
I am writing this today in July so it has been 1 year and I am now at 195 lbs so ive lost 85lbs in total and a total inch loss of 36" (I measured my body along the way). I went from a size 48 pant to now a size 36 (which are pretty loose on me). The changes are extremely dramatic!!! The way people treat you differently is crazy. It is very shallow of people but everyone knows the smaller you become the better your treated and the so called more attractive mate you attract. I could never have imagined the attention I now receive, a completely new look, new clothes, new attitude. I am a male so the women you attract and attention you get was by far worth all the fustration of the diet and basically not eating. I would never go back and change it now, it was sooo worth every minute. Again I dont think this was probably very healthy but i feel great and look great. Remember you cannot go off this diet any if you want the best results. Do not sub anything, do not add extra food, stick to only 2 of those lean cuisines a day, AND THATS IT! It may sound crazy but it worked ive lost pretty darn close to 100lbs and my appearance change is night and day.

I am a model and because of that my weight must go up and down all the time. When I have a shoot I go on the cottage cheese diet eating nothing but cottage cheese. The weight just peels off.

I Am 5'8 and 184 pounds. I Feel SO fat in my thighs and stomach. What do I do to lose at least 20 pounds?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

The fastest way I have found to lose weight is to keep from eating till 2 in the afternoon and have your choice of a potassium smoothie (1 banana, 5 strawberries, two table spoons light and fit yogurt, lots of ice and sports drink, for the electrolytes) or a special K or South beach diet protein bar. The protein bar is what I would suggest because it will hold off your hunger for longer. Later on in the day between 6-8pm have the smoothie. Do this everyday. Using this method, I have lost 15 lbs in 10 days. I also have been walking 2-5 miles a day while listening to music. If you open and close your fist and its stiff you should up your potassium intake. Try to get at least 500mg a day. Potassium is very essential when dieting in an unhealthy way. You can lose 20 lbs in 2 weeks easily, its just a matter of how bad you want it.