Hello. I've been in pain for 7 years now. The problem is with my stomach. 6 years ago I had a double surgery for a "J shaped stomach" and fixing a twisted intestine (cecum). The stomach surgery did not cure my stomach pain. I also have dealt with extreme heartburn, and have been on Prilosec or similar medications for 6 years straight.

I have been to numerous general physicians as well as a gastro-intestinal specialist (who advised for my surgery). Some of the tests he performed were: barrium burger test, endoscopy, colonoscopy, blood work, and a 24 hour ph level test. I also had an H-pylori test, but I don't think they performed the test in a proper method. They used a tongue scrape to test for it. After researching online, this is not a common method; so I just may have to get that test done again so I can rule it out.

I would like to list my symptoms in hope that someone may possibly tie them all together. First off, my stomach is always upset (gnawing pain, weak appetite, burning when I miss a day of prilosec). I also have very bad anxiety that definitely doesn't help my stomach. I get the runs just about every morning, and usually can't eat for the first half of the day. I've attempted to stick to a strictly healthy diet, but I am very thin and need the calories. I have enough trouble eating the foods I use to love, let alone trying to swallow a tofu sandwich. My diet is half healthy, half not. Marijuana use to give me the munchies, now it just gives me stomach pain oddly enough. As well does alcohol and cigarrrettes.

This year I was diagnosed with a rare skin disease called Lichen Planus. My back causes extreme pain, as well as my feet ache very badly when I walk too much. I'm not really out of shape either. I do plenty of walking and have a physically demanding job.

I'm 28 years old and I still get acne. I often feel very lethargic. One other thing that I think is important to mention is the fact I often find myself breathing very shallow breaths. It's because my diaphram feels like it has a pressure on it. I wonder if this was caused by the Dr stapling my stomach against my chest wall?

Could i have a hormone inbalance? Vitamin deficiency? Candida (possibly caused by taking too many antibiotics years ago)?, IBS, H-pylori?, Chrones?, Psuedo-obstruction? Hiatal Hernia?...I would like to think the Dr.'s who troubleshooted me a few years ago would have thought of these things. After my surgery, they told me the pain was probably mostly mental. Well I know I can take pain since I lived with a twisted intestine for over a year, and I work a job that most people can't handle. All I know is that my life is passing me by. I have no social life anymore. My relationships have suffered, and I'm slowly becoming more and more of a hermit who only wants my health and life back. I've lost all hope with the medical world, and no longer have insurance or money to get help. I'm about ready to give up, since I don't want to live much more like this. If anyone can lead me to a possible reason to why I am having all of these health problems at such a young age. There has got to be a link. Thanks for reading :-)

Hi Dear

I have red all details of ur problems, the treatment & any effect of treatment.

I have also sufferred from problems like urs, for long time. I also went for treatment from numerious Gastro specialists 7 GPs for long time, but everything showed temporary results.

Finally i met someone who prescribed some natural medication for 4 months only.

And I fell much much much better since then.

what i conclude that in most cased there is nothing to do by Gastro doctors. Even there iz no improvement after long treatment, the gastro physicians never except the failure of treatment.

Believe me they don't even have exact diagnosis, neither treatment.

But dont u worry, there iz master of all Healer( the God).

regards

Sattar

Thanks for the response. I was wondering if you could tell me which natural medications you have tried and had success with?

The skin and stomach roblems are related to anxiety. I have Oral Lichen Planus and have been in stomach pain for 5 months after an illness that scared me to death. It just occurred to me the other day that my stomach pain is also caused by Lichen Planus. Most GI doctors won't know much about it, but it can affect the esophogas and stomach and can interfere with swallowing if involves the throat.

Hi, how did you get the diagnostic Lichen Planus? What tests did you do? What were your symptoms? What treatment are you taking for this?

Ask doctor to discuss anti-fungal meds and diet with you. Worth a shot.

I wonder how you are feeling now? I have symptoms very like yours. I had my gallbladder removed over two years ago. I too felt pressure on my ribcage and my gallbladder was the problem. However I have been left with digestive problems, nearly constant upset stomach, back pain, no appetite, I also don't eat for a good part of the day and when I do have unpredictable bowel movements. It's making me miserable.