I had breast augmentation 24 years ago by a board certified plastic surgeon. The only sensation I have in the nipple/areola area is that of pain if pinched. In reading, I find that this is not uncommon. Is there ANY potential treatment for this most unfortunate result.

I recommend everyone considering breast augmentation of ANY time to think long and hard about having it done. Also KNOW the education and credentials of the surgeon doing the procedure. In my case I did know him and still had a bad outcome.

NGB wrote:

I had a breast augmentation 2 years ago and this is the exact feeling I have as well. Have you found out any information on POTENTIAL treatment? If so please email me. Thank you!

Most likely, msot of hte many nerves running to the nipple and areola were damaged during your surgery. This sometime happens, even with the best surgeons, but in my experience with better the surgeon the less likely it is to happen. In fact, some of the most advanced surgical procedures include nipple augmentation, and one option with that is INCREASED innervation - i.e. additional nerve connections can be generated by he body naturally through follow-up treatment by a doctor (not usually the same surgeon). It is a slow, time consuming process though, and you have to go to the doctor's clinic for a few hour every day post-op. I have done with with quite a few BA patients, ith very good results. In the end, the woman ends up with extra-senstive nipples that get very erect and large during stimulation (sometimes referred to as "porn star nipples" because they were among the first to try this procedure). I shoul tell you also that the sessions towards the end are very stimulating and therefore quite enjoyable! The best part is that there doesn't ever seem to be sensitivity to the point of pain, just enhanced sexual experiences. This can be done months after your surgery if you have very little feeling in your nipples, but it takes even longer to correct. Good luck and let know on here if you want more information about this.
Dr. Bob

I had breast augmentation done almost 4mnths ago, from medium B to a small D. I definitely had completely breast numbness as my body adjusted to the change. For the most part the feeling in both breast has returned significantly, my breast are very soft and natural feeling again. All that is missing is the super sensitivity I once had. They are not completely numb, when squeezed there is a little hidden tender soreness which has me hoping that is the nerves in the process of healing. When sexually stimulated  there is still feeling on the tip of both nipples but the not really the over all nipple areola area.

In your opinion does it sound like my nipples may still be in the process of healing, and that there is hope for regaining sensitivity? My augmentation was peformed by a wonderful Board Certified very well known surgeon in California. I have full confidence in the procedure he performed. I would just like a little reassurance that one day I will regain stimulation I used to have, my nipples played a huge part in orgasm accorance for me.

I would also be very interested in more information regarding the nipple nerve regeneration procedure you discussed.

julik wrote:

did you ever regain normal nipple sensation??? I'm in the same boat!