My wife has been to different doctors including an endocrinologist. She has had blood work done on three different occasions with the same results boarder line (TSH 2.55/T3 3.2) all other aspects of her blood profile was normal. She is an avid workout person performing cardiovascular Intervals 4 to 5 times a week with resistance training circuits on 2 of those days. Her diet consists of 5 to 6 small meals a day with about 1600 cal. (balanced protein, carbohydrates and fats). She has many of the symptoms that go with thyroid problems constantly cold, irregular menstrual cycle (to often and heavy bleeding), constipation, achy joints and muscles, mood swings, memory loss and lack of sweating. We have spent a lot of time and money trying to help her get this figured out from a medical stand point. I am a fitness trainer and wellness director so please not fitness recommendation. I and many of my friends have worked on that side. My wife can workout consistently for 6 weeks and barely lose a pound. She is very frustrated and discouraged. If you have any serious medical advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Guest wrote:

I GUESS IT WOULD BE NICE IF MOST KNEW WHAT TSH 2.55, ETC WAS. WAS HER PROLACTIN LEVEL LOOKED AT? CUSHINGS LOOKED AT? MY DAUGHTER HAS PROLACTINOMA..PITUATARY TUMOR. MEANING TOO FREQUENT PERIODS..AND HEAVY...TIRED ALL THE TIME...MILD WEIGHT GAIN...NEVER OVER 10 OR 15 LBS...AFTER SHE GOT THE TUMOR...SHE WAS VERY THIN ALREADY SO THE WEIGHT WASNT THAT BIG OF A DEAL FOR HER. BUT, IT WAS WEIGHT GAIN FOR NO APPARENT REASON. SHE WAS HAVING HEAVY ACNE AT TIMES...WAS HER PROLACTIN LEVEL LOOKED AT...IF IT WAS ....WHAT WAS IT...SHOULD BE MORE THAN MAYBE 10. I WISH PEOPLE WOULD NOT USE ABBREVIATION OR TERMS...THAT NO ONE WOULD KNOW...OR MOST WOULDNT KNOW. JUST SAY WHAT IT IS AND WHAT IT MEANS...