I’ve been told that I will lose weight if I have daily calorie intake between 800 and 1000. I‘ve been on 800 calories a day for more that week and there is no weight loss. I am disappointed and hungry.

Strange, because I am sure that almost anybody can lose some weight taking 800 calories a day. There are few diets that recommend 800-1000 cal for weight loss, although I am not diet person, I rather take some pills or supplements. However, nothing works well for me, so I have to try something new.

:'( people are supposed to take how much you weigh and times it by ten, then that will give you how many calories a day you should be eating. if you do that then you will lose plenty of weight trust me =]

well the 800 calories should not consist mainly of carbos maybe thats your problem.

It is likely that you have a thyroid problem, simply a suggestion. Why a thyroid problem? Because well doctors do an exam thats called like a VLCD Very Low Calorie Diet and they test to see if the patient has a thyroid problem based on their weight loss on a restrictive diet of 800> calories per day.

Tina

Your foods may contain sugar or refined substances. This can accumulate and hinder weight loss; I'm not sure on the scientific explanation, but it can. You need to lift weights to build muscle to burn fat and have some sort of daily routine that is VERY healthy! Perseverance is key. And if you are tall, 800 calories is NOT enough. Your body will use that to your disadvantage.

you may not be eating enough, and that will slow down your metabolism and retain the nutrients you are getting, because you're not getting enough

when I was on a similar number of calories, my weight stayed the same for a bout a week (I was also confused and annoyed!), but then it suddenly dropped and I lost a few pounds in a couple of days. No idea why it worked like that, just thought I'd share!

Thats impossible, AND dangerous. Exercise more, lift weights and please eat healthily.

800 calorie a day.. can be nothing. it all depends how you cansume it . you must eat about 4-5 times a day one in the morning for sure. break fast is the most important with out a dout. eat small portions when you eat once or twice a day your body will do kind of .of a shutodwn and start burning calories very slowy .. the body will realize that something is not right.. so it will burn everything slowly .. you must eat 4-5 to keep the metabolism going and not eat after 7pm. and make the 800 calories healthy it could even be 1,000 calories but healthy ones no burgers no hot dogs.. eat tuna fish, fish, chicken, veggies , salads, if you can walk or run.. 1 mile or 2 or 3 if you can ..

what you put in your body is what your body will become.

Your body is in starvation mode, when you deprive your body of food it knows it is not getting enough food, so it conserves everything that you feed it. You need to eat more, try using sparkpeople.com they are a free weight loss website, and will tell you exactly how many calories you should be consuming each day.

well yours suppose to eat like alot of calories a day.
if you dont your body is going to burn your muscles not your fat.
why dont you try working out. it can be fun :]

it is very likely that you have a thyroid problem. I was eating 800 calories a day, and all very healthy foods (fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean protein) and was slowly GAINING weight. I had a blood test done at my doctor and they found out I had extreme hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism means that your thyroid, the gland that regulates your metabolism is underactive. Other symptoms include fatigue, dry skin and hair, sensitivity to cold, heavy periods, and constipation. If you have any of these symptoms talk to your doctor and have them give you a blood test

ive tried this your calorie intake cannot be any lower than 1200 or your body is in starvation mode so no you won't lose weight and if you do continue to do this and eventually lose weight it will all gain back faster than you know it BELIEVE ME ive been there it sucks ive permanently damaged my bmr and metabolism in general

I think you should check with your doctor. At 800 cal per day everyone should lose weight unless there is an underlying medical problem. I have been on a VLCD (most days) of around 800 to 1000 cal / day and I may go 2 or 3 days without losing but then it drops off.