Hello, Gee I was just in a panic. My wife did not take her 18 units of lantus before she went to bed. I'm really responsible for making sure she takes her meds. I was just devastated. When she woke up to go to work, I checked her sugar levels and Oh my goodness it was almost 24. At that moment I got her lantus and had her take it.. She also does novorapid so she took that as well. I waited until around 9 o'clock and took another reading and this time it was 14.1. My wife did a correction plus her dose for breakfast and we waited to see what would happen. The thing is she took her lantus in the morning (she takes it at night). Should she do her lantus again at night this time? I have no idea what to do. I've called her diabetes manager but he hasn't gotten back with me yet.

Hi, Don't fret too much, it happens to the best of us. I had a problem remembering at first so I set up my alarm clock to go off at 10 PM. My alarm clock gives you two different times you can set so that made it convenient. I was taking levemir and I split mine up into two doses. The morning dose was easy to remember because I had it with breakfast but the evening one was difficult. That's why well set the alarm for that one. You might consider doing that and see if that works for you.

I think you need to talk with your doctor to determine what you need to do with a missed dose of lantus. Since you are on Novorapid you can adjust your morning meal dose to compensate any highs you might experience temporarily. Make sure you monitor BS levels at this time to know what it going on throughout the day. I think I would wait till the evening and resume lantus them but I'm not a doctor so you really do need to wait to hear back from your doctor. Well, I hope everything goes well for you and I'd be interested in what your doctor tells you about the lantus missed dose.