New Reply New Topic Followed by 22 people

I am a 24 year old female and I have had the SAME problem with non-stop bleeding. When it first started, it was really bad. I was dropping large blood clots and losing so much blood that I became very cold, had lack of energy and noticed I ate differently. I visited the doctors office at least 4-5x and had blood tests done and even had an ultrasound done to see if there might be any tumors. Everything came back normal and that nothing was wrong. The doctors put me on serveral kinds of BC and nothing worked. Then mysteriously, it stopped one day. I had no idea how or what caused it to stop, but I didn't bleed for about 3-4 months.. I just got my regular periods. Now it's back again...and I don't know what caused it to come back, but it has affected me and my relationships. I have been active, going to the gym, eating light foods, dieting for about 6 weeks now+ and yet I'm worried that there could be something wrong with me that doctors are missing.
W H A T . I S . W R O N G?

I have also been bleeding non stop for over a year now...same situation. Drs came back with negative blood results and an okay ultra sound. Im so frusturated. Im worried I wont be able to have children. If someone could help I would also appreciate it.

i'm having the same problem but also with major cramps but dr's say nothing is wrong with me its very aggravating if any one can help it would be appreciated

Hi - well im so glad i found this because ive felt like im totally alone.

Ive been bleeding pretty much constantly for over a year and a half now. When it 1st started after 4 weeks of non-stop bleeding i went to the doctors who thought it was odd and her initial thoughts were chlamedia (not sure if thats spelt right!) which all STI tests came back clear. I was given (i think) mefanamic acid which cuts the bleeding.

It was always quite light bleeding but constant then after about 3 months i had about a month of very very heavy bleeding and blood clots. I went to the docs and he gave me transfenamic acid which halfs the bleeding. I havnt been heavy since although i have gone to the docs a few times and got the tablets. I hate doing that though as I feel like some sort of addict going to ASK for drugs!!!

Ive been back quite a few times since and about 6 months ago i saw a specialist who couldnt find anything wrong what so ever. Ive been to the doctors twice since and she has now again referred me to the specialist which is in August.

My husband has checked himself out in every possible way and he is all fine as he was worried it was to do with him.

Im in my early 20's, eat quite healthily, im generally healthy in all other ways apart from this. I am over weight which the doctors have mentioned but they have said they dont think this is the cause of it at all and they are a bit baffled by it. Its as though they have never seen this problem before.

Ive also been trying for a baby with my husband for over 3 years now and NEVER got pregnant. It is heartbreaking and we are seriously worried I cant have children. It is all we want and think about.
We dont seem to be getting anywhere with the results. The doctor has even said she doesnt think the specialist is going to show any more results then the time i went before. All blood tests and screenings have been clear. I havnt had an ultrasound yet. Maybe i will get that this time.

Anyway its very sad to hear you are all in similar situations although it is a terrible thing to say but im sure you may agree, it is also comforting to know im not the only one!!

I hope you all get some results soon.

you should have a doctor look at you.

I have had constent bleeding for over 3 years, every time i speak to a doctor i get the same old answer "u might have an STI" so everytime i get checked again and guess what "comes back clear!!!!

I just wish they would give me something to stop the bleeding, it sometimes stops for a day or two, but never long enough to feel normal.

help!

x

i know what all you mean i have had a period for almost a year now and this isnt the first time it has happened or i can go a year with out one i finally got diagnosed with a disease called tpai aka von willderbrand disease it is a blood clotting diease very rare but i still have the long bleeding session cus i dont have insurance and cant afford the medications i just want to let you all know i know where you are coming from there are times i just cry cuz i dont want to bleed any more and test always come back normal and all i can ever say to the drs is "THIS IS NOT NORMAL"  but never do i have any help with this disease i would suggest that you all see a blood dr and have a von willderbrands test done on you

I have been bleeding since December 28, 2010. Each month differs. There are times when I won't bleed for a day or two then when I'm feeling lucky and don't wear a tampon I start up again and heavy. Doctors have tested me for everything: STI's, STD's, pregnancy, everything. I do have endometriosis and she thinks this could be the cause but I was diagnosed with endo at 17, I'm not 20 and the bleeding began when I was 19. I don't think the endo has anything to do with it. I'm tried several different birth controls pills and almost resorted to the lupon shot (decided against it due to lots of negative research). If anyone else has had this and has answers PLEASE help. This effects my every day life. I've even drawn back and avoided having relationships due to not wanting to break the bad news that I've had a year long period.

Sincerely,

DESPERATE

My wife has been bleeding for over a year and a half. We gave up on doctors becease they all said the same thing. "nothing is wrong." what a bunch of bull!!! We are luky to have some intamisy once a month when she stops bleeding for 2 or 3 days. But that dosn't help anything just makes it worse (bleeding). She is only 23 she is in good shape not even chunky. I wish someone can find this thread and give us Some hope. I can't stand seeing my women like this; although, it is conferting to know she is not the only one. It has put some stress on our relationship (not much) she thinks I will cheat on her, I can't stand her accusations-- she dreams it -- she says it so many times. I would never cheat.. I hold to my vow. Sorry I am just frustrated over the situation. 

Anyone tell me there is Hope out there for the Love Of My Life.

I'm going through the same thing ever since I had my second child a year and a half ago - It is very frustrating ; I do very much agree with that ! they say watch out for a girls time of the month ' well im starting to that time will never end ! I feel like it's taking over my life - I've even asked for my gynacologist to tie my tubes but he wants me to wait five years I just feel like telling him " imagin your wife in that situation " He wouldn't waste another minute.... As for cramps and mood swing and bloating and such, it's just become a part of my life now, I go through between 3-4 boxes of tampons a month - like enough is enough ..I don't plan on having anymore children I have two little sweethearts ' and if I ever think about it in the future I know it's the decision I made *Sometimes I can't even sleep at night because i'm bleeding threw every hour - like it's not right ' it physically doesn't make sence to even loose that much blood and lately after a night like that 'the instant I think about the fact i'm going to bleeding like this tomorrow and the next day, week, month, or even years 'I honestly just cry! I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO

I am a 33 year old that has been bleeding for the last year and half, everytime I went to the doc they switched my birth control and blamed it on that, about 4 months ago my bleeding became increasingly stronger to the point that since then I have had weekly visits to the emergency to get an IV of premarin, a female hormone that after I get a couple doses does stop the bleeding for a day or two. I have had ultrasounds, blood tests and nothing comes back. I have finally been referred to a specialist that i might get in to see in about 6 weeks but in the meantime have to suffer hemorrhaging on a weekly basis. My doc decided to put in a mirena IUD and the strongest bill control pill to try and control the bleeding until I can see the specialist but the day I went to get it in I bled so bad I passed out and they admitted me to the hospital. Lately the bleeding has been crazy, i am passing clots the size of a babies fist, there is constant tissue coming out of me, I have extreme kidney pain and am so completely exhausted weak and dizzy all day and night whilst working 2 jobs. I have been in a new relationship for the past 9 months and obviously this is putting a strain on it, my guy says he just cares about me being healthy but we have such a lame sex life compared to what we both want to have. I am so tired of the temporary fixes, the doctors dont understand I want to know what is going on with me not just what will fix it for now, iam scared of the things I see come out of my body and frustrated that the only option they can give me is a hysterectomy. My boss said she went through something similar last year and they did an endometrial ablation which is when they burn or freeze out your uterus, which although you dont go through menopause like a hysterectomy you are useless as far as having babies, my gyno told me if we go that route the doc will want to do a tubal ligation first before the ablation because woman have gotten pregnant after the ablation and there were serious issues so he wont even do the procedure until your tubes are tied. SOOOOOOOOOOOO beyond frustrated and as I read all these posts I notice one thing in common...no answers.

I had the same for about 1 year constant bleeding in the end got tablets to stop it but came back doctor said I was allergic to the depo injection and pill but after that I went through two years of getting bad cells removed n lazered so go get a smear test done just to be sure there's nothing there

Don't take this the wrong way, but I am glad to see someone write about having it for 3 years.. Because I have had it for over 5 years.. Its just nice to know im not alone.. My self esteem is lowering.. I'm getting more insecure.. I'm in a same sex relationship and we don't even have sec often.. My men's trial is usually light.. But it didn't start out that way.. It was pretty heavy in the beginning.. Went to the hospital, had an ultra sound and results came back fine. They told me i was anemic due to the blood loss and put me on iron pills.. I was told to go to a an obgyn but couldnt quite afford it at the time.. Still cant but i am thinking of going.. im just scared i will be told i havesomethig fatal.. :( And on top of all this... I'm a virgin. I have never had sexual intercourse with a man and the one time I was off my menstrual, I tried to see if having that penetration would stop it from bleeding.. My parter and I attempted but it failed. It only added to the problem.. I'm always using tampons because that's the only thing that helps me cope and feel "normal" because I can move around without having anything come out.. :( I'm just getting depressed.. I am 23 years old and I'm just tired of bleeding!!! How is it possible for a human being to bleed everyday and not DIE?!! This is horrifying!! :(

"...don't even have sec often.. My men's trial is usually light.."

Autocorrect lol I meant "we don't even have sex often.. My menstrual is usually light.."

tieing ur tubes does not help cuz i have my tied for 4 years now and i have been bleeding for a year now it really is a strain on ur life and love life