Today is day 10 for me after having the 'ectomy. One very large external and several small internal. I finally started thinking that things were coming around on day 8 and 9. Hell on Earth of course the first week. Passed out twice from the pain in the first few days during BMs. Really thought I was dying - and at a point wished I was - at least that would have explained the pain. So anyway, thought I was starting to feel better. Didn't hurt as much after BMs and I could finally sit for at least 15-20 minutes to hold my 12 week old (the love of my life but how I got 'roids to begin with).

So then yesterday after a BM I was cleaning the area and could no longer use witch hazel wipes or even wet wipes down there. It burned like crazy. Opted for wet toilet paper. While putting on some Hydrocotosone (sp?) 2.5 down there, I felt something poking me from where I had the external removed as well as from inside. Of course I had to investigate and discovered that I had stitches hanging out from inside. It was hanging out about an inch. I had no choice but to cut what was hanging out - careful not to cut to close. Then after looking around a little more decided that it looked like I had to holes on either side of my rectum. Went to Urgent Care this morning and they said that my wounds have opened up completely and I just have to make sure and keep everything clean down there.

I don't get it - how can the wounds be totally open and just heal on their own? I was sure they were going to stitch me up that day. Instead they just sent me home! After reading various posts it looks like most people are pretty healed by day 10. I have Crohn's Disease though and am on the Humira pen for it - both of which substantially effect my immune system. I had a 3rd degree tear from my twelve week old and I just was able to go back to work the week before I had this surgery.

So please, if anyone has experienced something similar post-op let me know. I need a little bit of reassurance here. Still at that stage where I think my doctor is the devil for letting me have the surgery! I know it was necessary b/c of my Crohn's Disease but whatever... I can't be reasonable just yet!

What I am in the process of learning is that some hemmorrhoidectomies the surgeon opts to leave the wound open and not even bother with stitches!!! I can see why! They rip out anyway and since the healing takes place from the inside out, keep the area clean with sitz baths, which also soothe the a area. What I am also learning is that this whole ordeal is much worse than anyone tells one about! Thank goodness for this site! At least I am not alone in my misery, and neither are you! Sorry for your pain! It has to get better!!! Bumm-er

I too noticed the stitches hanging out about an inch. They were thick, more like string than stitches. The doc said they are dissolvable and I had to leave them alone. I recommend using the sitz bath for at least 10mins after every BM and at least 4 times a day. I also blow dry the area instead of wiping with anything because wiping irritates the wound. Also let the area air out as much as possible, the quicker the wound heals the less pain. Hang in there, it will get better

I have an incision that came undone also. Can uupdate your recovery?

thank you all for sharing.. I just found that I have an open wound probably from one of the skin tags that were removed... So I guess ER?

I'm years late but have you had any issues since then? I had internal and external and the surgery about three years ago. No problems until last week I noticed a tear on one of the scars. Doesn't look infected but hurts like hell. Any advice?

Today is day 5 after external hemmorhoidectomy. I constipated on day 3 which caused my dissolving stitches to fell apart. I have an open wound now. Doctor who forgot to prescribe stool laxatives in a first place took a look at it and told me go home you'll be fine. I'm eating less and mostly veggies just to maintain my calorie intake. Every time I have a BM I wish I was never born. Passed out from pain several times. Visited ER before and after surgery. Pieces of feces or sticking to an open wound. I'm using a magnifying glass and cue tips to remove them. And this is after shower and bath to clean myself.

I just had colonoscopy and hemorroidectomy. I am not completely sure what they did but it looks like one medium-sized anal h and one large anal h was cut out and I know the large one was stitched. The kind that used to come out with a bm then go back in.

They gave me oxycodone/Tylenol 5/325...take one every 6 hours. Also taking 2 stool softners per day and gas ex.

I got home at 11am on day 1, pee'd at 5pm. I only was able to pass just a little gas first day. Meds didn't help much at all. Bigtime pain.

I didn't really sleep much first night. Drank Gatorade, a few crackers, and some chicken noodle soup, and apple sauce. Tea really helped me pee but bladder was mostly gatorade. I soaked my hand in running water and made sure my bladder was full in order to pee. I had my mom to support me and help as much as she could.

Day 2 I pee'd at 10am and trust me it was hard to do cuz my bladder had to be full to go pee. Extreme pain all night and morning. Walking around helped me pass all my gas at 10am day 2.

This is where I am right now - day 2. I am 46 yrs old. All I really wanted to say is colonoscopy prep kept me from having to deal with the bm issue. I feel this one thing has made this process easier...no need to have a bm because there is nothing in my colon really. I can not even imagine doing this without emptying my colon day before.

I forgot to mention I have been wearing adult diapers because of the blood that comes out. Not a lot of blood but enough to need adult diapers. I have been taking a lot of baths. Also using ice cubes in ziploc bag and next I am going to try a heating pad. When I look at my anus in the mirror it looks like a train wreck but blogs say I will be happy after I heal.

Well, I've done the sergury luckly, and sent back home the second day, my doctor perscribed me antibiotics, stool softner and numb ointment, I was having everyday some selfie anal's photos to compare the progress, but in the third day, I was shoked when I found an open wound, I compared the pic which I had before and discovered that the stitches been snaped because of the hard BM, I have nothing to sterilize my wound, so I used solcoseryl because my opened wet wound, I tried to contact my doctor but he seems busy, I will visit him tomorrow and keep you updated.

Continued.. I have been today at my doctors and explained him and should him the open wound he said it is normal, I have told him that I stopped using the numb ointment and instead I was appling solcoseryl jelly 10%, to speedup the healing process he agreed and asked me to continue using it, he said everthing will be ok.

Hang in there. Drink tea a lot and also what helps is coconut oil mixed with laxative for bowl move also use a tub filled with hot as u can tolerate to soak your backside before bm and try in squatting position makes you pee more comfortable I am now on day 7 crafter op it is getting better

Thank you for sharing your story. I am ten days out from surgery. I was fine for about first five days until my first BM. To make a long story short, I now have stitches which are separating due to constipation and then days of diarrhea. My doctor confirmed today and this explains why I am doing much worse the second week versus the very first week. My question is how long after you had an open wound did you start to feel better ? I am quite discouraged and wondering how long I will feel this way. Any information would be really appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Guys I also had an op 5 days ago and it seems like the pain is unbearable since yesterday. Also tried to look at the wound , I think it's open. Now can anyone tell me which is the best way to apply the ointment. Tried using an earbud to apply to the wound, in order not to contaminate the wound.

I had undergone surgery 1.5 months back. There were 4 external hemorrhoids which were removed by doctor. One hemorrhoid was twisted and pus was formed and this doctor told post surgery. I was I the observation for 24hours and then discharged home with all medicines like antibiotic, laxative and ointments. Dr suggested to do regular sitz bath 3 to 4 times a day and keep the area clean and dry. However I had developed severe constipation 5 days after surgery and the stool was blocked. I consult my doctor and he called me for examination. He told the constipation has really gone up and suggested to use polyethylene glycol. I used it at home and post this my bowel was completely cleaned up. I felt relaxed however pain and feeling is unexpressable. The actual journey started after that and every bowel movement was a war for me. This happened for next 25 days and 3 of my wounds were healed. After visiting the doctor, he stopped my antibiotic and laxative and advised to take pain repeater as required. After 30th day I developed pus in the remaining one unheard wound. Doctor saw that and advised to take rest and continue sits bath with povidone iodine lotion. Also took Amoxy flag 1gm for 1 week along with B complex and probiotics. My pain has reduced by half during this period however bleeding was coming continuously. After 40th day I developed pharyngitis and fever which complicated it. I continued the antibiotics and b complexities. I was getting pain in the neck and bottom. Now every bowel movement I pray not to see blood. Sometimes I see less blood and sometimes it is a handful of blood. Sits bath helps me to reduce pain by do not know that how many more days I have to suffer from it. Just praying to GOD to get relieved from it.