For quite a while now I have noticed that my eyelids are orange - they look as if I have orange eyedhadow on them - this is a lot more prominent somedays. Doeas anybody have any ideas

My son is 10 and has an orange stripe on his lower eyelids - I would really like to know what is causing this!

Hi, Ive got this too, dont know whats causing it but im going to teh doctors today about its so will let you knwo what they say

I have the same thing - orange disolouration of the upper eyelids. Did your doctor have any answers?

I have wheat/gluten intolerance and notice that the orange discoloration on my eyelids seems to come an go related to my gluten exposure. Anybody else have this kind of correlation?

I have direct swelling/itching and redness in my eylids upon immediate ingestion of any gluten. it took me 4 years to finally figure out what was going on. no doctors could help. i spent long hours of self researching to figure this out. only now with a gluten free diet do i look like a normal person. i wouldn't consider my specific reaction as orange, but red and even sometimes purple like I have black eyes.

It's probably Orange Palpebral Spots (OPS)

i have the same but not too orange
ive heard that its lack of vitamins or minerals
but i dont know for sure

i have orange eyelids too! i'm very pale and it stands out a lot in pictures; it looks like i'm wearing orange-bronze eyeshadow when i have no makeup on. is it something to worry about?

I had orange eye lids, like described above, for years. Dozens of tests, now that I've finally been diagnosed with Celiac, and have been gluten free for almost a year, they are normal color again. Good luck to you all.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

maybe iron laden blood

Yep, bright orange eye lids for years, lots of docs commented, none had any ideas once their original tests told them I was healthy. Then celiace DX and gluten free diet - now 4 years later and no orange eyelids since going gluten free.

Hi, how long did it take of removing gluten before you noticed the spots go?

I have it also. What did your doctor tell you?

i have the same thing, does anyone know the reason