Hi, I am 20 pounds heavier than I should be. I need medicines to lose some weight, because I am still too fat to exercise. What do you think about orlistat and xenical? Which one is better?

Hi, I thought that orlistat and xenical are the same thing! I was using orlistat for a long time, and as I remember, xenical is only its brand name, not the other drug. It decreases the absorption of dietary fat (triglycerides) by about 30%. It helped me lose 10 pounds last year. I was taking 120 mg three times a day before meals, and I havent changed the dose. However, after some time, I had to stop taking orlistat (xenical), because my bowel movements became urgent, and I had lack of some vitamins, like D, E and A It all wasn’t serious, but I decided to find the other drug. If you want to use orlistat, you must know about some more side effects. The most common side effects are gastrointestinal related. There is also a possibility of increased flatulence, and changing of bowel movements (like in my case).