HI I AM 12 YRS. OLD.I HAVE TRIED SO MANY WAYS TO TRY LOSE WEIGHT BUT ALL ELSE FAILED! SO MY MOM GOT ME A DOCTOR NOTE
FOR WEIGHT WATCHERS.LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE I GAVE UP.I HAD BEEN
LOOSING SOME POUNDAGE BUT I GAVE UP!NOW I AM REALLY TRYING
HARD TO PROVE TO MY PARENTS THAT I WON'T GIVE UP ON MY HEALTH.
WRITING THIS AND READN' YA'LLS STUFF HAS ALREADY STARTED
MAKING ME REALIZE THAT A 12 YEAR OLD GIRL SHOULDN'T WEIGH 185.
SIGNED,
LOVEHANDLES :idea:

Read this post of mine from a day or two ago.

http://www.steadyhealth.com/viewtopic.php?hpr=depressed_about_weight&t=56223&highlight=

Regards,

GeneAum

LOVEHANDLES wrote:

SIGNED,

LOVEHANDLES :idea:

Sunshine to say I feel your pain can't even describe what I feel. I once was well over 353 pounds and a near fatal bout of diabetes. When I was your age the only thing I got was insults from my father and no help. Please never give up, you will prevail. I lost over 120 pounds and am still in the process of loosing till I am my ideal weight for my body type, no less. You can do it, and I will suggest what really helped me. I walked every day till I finally was walking a mile a day, I even got others to walk with me and they even lost weight. Start slow, and don't walk a lot the first couple weeks because if you get all sore because you are not used to the muscles being used it can be discouraging, take it slow at first and keep a weight loss diary, this is important, as you keep track of daily or weekly weigh ins you will be able to see the progress and it will encourage you to keep on going at it. You can get a pedometer to get a rough idea of how much walking you start with and track that daily, this will help also see the progress you make. Remember at 353 pounds I couldn't walk 300 yards hardly, now 2 miles is fun. McDonalds used to give Pedometers away, and many discount stores like Walmarts they are really cheap. It's easier to use a pedometer than a tape measure to keep track of the distance you are walking and the diary will allow you to make after walk comments on how you feel, so the next time you can adjust the distance according to how you feel. Sunshine don't wait till diabetes ruins your health like it did mine. Keep your chin up and you know as I do, you can do it.
The walking or exercise and a diet plan will work once your body metabolism regulates itself to the food intake and exercise.

don't give up show your mom and dad that you can loose weight but don't put alot of pressure on youself :) :D

your 12...right well im 12 2 but i really dont know if im fat or not. this is americas falt cuz theyve invented shity food that makes us FAT!! try getting rid of EVERYTHING unhealthy my sister is like a fricking lawn mower and she goes through food like one. so we have junk food in our house ALL the time. if u want a snack thats sweet try sugar free jello or popsicles like the chocolate ones. your taste buds detect 2 major tastes salty and sweet things so when you have a craving 4 something salty eat saltines. theyre lowfat and taste good. now u cant just cut calories u have to exercise. gym is a GREAT way to help lose weight. try running, jogging,walking, etc. if u wanna get one HELL OF a work out for your abs do this
1.get in a push up position
2.hop across the room staying in a push up position
3.stay in a push up positon DO NOT hop like a frog KEEP your legs stretched out and use your feet to hop with dont bends your knees

:$ Im 12 yrs old and i way exactly the same as u it sucks

i wish i had help to contact me somehow im only 12 and iam the same weight as u (185) please find a way to talk to me i need support without embarrasment im scared i alomost 200 pounds at age 12 i cry every day it affect my life more than u would think i need ur help

Hi i feel you it weird cuz im goin through the same thing im 12 and ur weight exactly inless uve lost dome (thats great) i wish we could chat i could gain courage and cofidence well i hope that u reply to me i nneed ur help

I'm a 12 year old girl to and weigh 179 pounds too and I been trying to lose weight like 4 a lifetime now.I know how u people feel and I feel the same way as well.If you share all the info you got with me I will share whatever I can and try to help you people as much as possible.We can do it 2gether. :-D
First of all jumping jacks is good and so is curl ups because they tighten the stomach muscles.push-ups also tighten the arm muscles and make u stronger.If you have alot of sweets in your home ask your parents if you can throw it all out and buy healthy things,that's what my mama is doing for me oh i love her23E

hwy, im lori. i weigh 165 and i am 12 going on 13. i realize that my weight is wrong and i am trying to fix it too. try getting at least 30 to i hour of excersize a day. and i know all of the food(especially ice cream for me) will be tempting but you have to resisst. you dont want to die at a young age do you? neither do i. i am working on my weight as hard as i can and i am already loosing ponds. =]]]]
best of luck
lori

I am 12 too and i weigh 150:(!!! i can't go out in public without looking in the mirror!! me and my sister are overweight and my mom and dad are skinny!! i feel ur hurt!!! my mom is putting me in a nutritionist!! the only thing that counts is that ur healthy.

Just keep trying like me!! :

Hmm, I had the same .. I am almost 18 now, and weigh currently 209 lbs.. I know, 2's seem so terrible!

I look back at my kid pictures and see how normal and healthy I was. I started gaining large amounts of weight around 11-12 years old like you guys, and I know how it feels to get bashing criticism from the world.

Currently, my weight has decreased. I started off this year being 246 lbs. Now I am pushing my way under 210. One thing to do, is not be afraid of the doctor, because serious amounts of weight gain can be an effect of poor health, and it doesn't hurt to check your blood for any problems.

Then, after I did that, I found out I did have a problem with my thyroid, and began taking medication for it.
I also doubled my workout - walking every chance I get + at least 30 mins on the treadmill + min 100 situps and don't forget to stretch. I have a hard time slimming my arms.
I also stopped eating a lot of dairy and soda. I also stopped eating more than I needed or out of boredom. I always ate pretty healthily though.
Another thing to do is find moral support. I know it's a hard thing to do, but if someone says you're pretty, you should accept it. Being happy is a great way to feel more confident and help you lose weight. Exercise and good friends can help with that. Try not to let people get to you - I know it's extremely hard, but you could get really bad depression.

.. I guess having a flattering boyfriend helps too, lol

That was also my biggest motivation when I started to lose weight - I wasn't thinking about myself.

I've been through some really unhealthy routes to attempting to lose weight, but honestly, just making good choices, and thinking of him has been the best for results.

I am 12 years old and i weigh 185 its sooo hard i havent gone to the doctor from the age of 5 to 11. when i finally went i was 11 i weighd 145 and i started going to the doctor each month for about after 8 months i gaind over 80 pounds that is bad untill one night i couldnt breath we lived next to a doctor my parents were at work and they rushed right over and i didnt go to the hospitol untill a couple weeks later they say i have gastritix.Ever since that day i have been losing weight write now i way 185 and still trying. It is hard because i am soooo adicted to hot cheetos they are good but really bad i g=have eaten 1 bag everyday since i was about 5. I would eat a lot when i wake up i would eat a dougnut then at school for reces a bag of hot cheetos then for lunch 2 slices of pizza then a brownie then after school i big plate of mexican food then in a half a hour another bag of hot cheetos than 2 quesaddias than a doughnut than cerial.that is a lot.Now when i wake up i eat a fruit smoothie then for reces half a sandwich than for lunch nothing after school half of what i eaten b4 than more later a boul of friut and that is it big difference huh. and u shouldnt be afraid of the doctor because if u r that sick they can do something befor it is too late. have your blood checkin out and your pulse and your lungs. :-D

im trying 2 loose some weight my self right now but you gotta no the right wieght and your age, for example, im 12, so r most of u so a targeted weight might be 80 thorugh 100 [= im n target weight about 116 and a good tip is to eat smalled amounts of food for a period of time( but dont stop eating) have a couple snacks lke 2 or so somthing healthy u kno...like an apple or orange. that will really help, and what ever people might say to you, inside your gonna wanna hurt them bad, but the best thing to do is ignore them, igorance is somthing people dont do, it makes the person that your ignoring anoy them, they just want attention, but if they hit you more like 3 times, beat em up! dont forget u can be the fattest man on earth ( or girl) but u can also be very storng! i encourage everyone to know its not so easy being healthy, its complicated, but when u get the hang of it, ull be rolling! im not saying play 24/7 take a break for like a day or 2, just make sure to stand up once in a while and eat alot of apples or oranges! i heard somewhere when u sit down u gain a bit of weight veeery slowly, when u stand up(assuming that ur standing still) in a way, your weight gaining is at a standstill, so when you move around, u actaully loose more weight! i good thing to do is buy a wii, specially if your a kid who loooves games and will say stuff like, oh ill work out tommorow....* the next day* ........... man, this game sure is fun! a wii is a good game for the lovers .... and dont be shy to visit a gym, or run around the hood. good luck 2 u all

LOVEHANDLES wrote:

SIGNED,
LOVEHANDLES :idea:

yeah.. i am almost 12, and currently weighed 150lbs.! but, now i weigh like 135lbs. (my stepmom is helping out) but uhhhh, all i do is eat right! excersize optional!!!!!!!!!! b4 i did this, i nvr got excersize, and always ate junk bcause i dident care so much, but now i relize that its a BIG health hazard!