New Reply New Topic Followed by 19 people

I am in same boat. Had four screws and plated put in 2013 recovery was fast and felt great. Dec 2016 I get awful pain in same area and wind up in er immediately with a bent loose screw sticking into my espohogus and one screw that cracked in half with a piece healed into bone. The other two screws were fine but the surgeon had to removed it all. H going thru an artery and placing stents due to scar tissue. So all hard is now gone and he said there is enough bone growth and new plate and screws not needed. PROBLEM: I'm in the most horrible pain from neck to fingers, can barely hold a water bottle and just cry in pain 24/7. Have tried every medication made plus patches... dr says this normal.. I have the feeling something being missed. I live in Florida and wish I had a way to get myself to a place like New York or Mayo Clinic for a better look as this is not normal. I am 57 and otherwise in good health. Any suggestions are welcome and for all you that suffer I so feel for you. TIA

Can you tell me what vertebrates were fused. Different levels affect different areas. I'm fused all but between the c2-c3 disc. I'm very good with issues from post surgery. Also you're not to far from John Hopkins Medical Center in Maryland.

I would really appreciate other patients input. I had C3-C8 done in Sept. Am having such a hard time with depression, pain swallowing, and just dealing with life. I was very active before this. They had me on percocet for 6 months and then said go to pain management which my regular doctor thinks isn't right for me. So I'm goin to ENT (ear, throat, nose) doctor tomorrow to find out why I feel like I have strep throat/can't swallow. I'm so depressed about it all. I can't seem to have any energy to do what I used to – artwork, gardening, etc. I so regret getting this done. It has wrecked my life. Logically I know I had to do it. The bone was too soft and I was one minor accident away from a more serious problem. Do any of you feel this way?Thanks. BTW I'm so sorry for so many of you having such difficulty. The person having to deal with bent loose screws is so awful!

That is so scary that you would have bent screws and it sounds so painful. I'm sorry to say I have no suggestions as my issues are listed below. I do so hope you get some relief – you have a long life ahead of you – but I know you want it without so much pain.

Almost the same boat but just 3 levels. Had surgery Aug. 2016 and am miserable. I'm 64 HWP with no prior injuries. Trifecta with chronic pain, nausea and headache. OTC's are useless. But it was surgery or paralysis. I wish everyone contemplating this experience the best outcome and healing for those suffering.