New Reply New Topic Followed by 18 people

Can you tell me what vertebrates were fused. Different levels affect different areas. I'm fused all but between the c2-c3 disc. I'm very good with issues from post surgery. Also you're not to far from John Hopkins Medical Center in Maryland.

I would really appreciate other patients input. I had C3-C8 done in Sept. Am having such a hard time with depression, pain swallowing, and just dealing with life. I was very active before this. They had me on percocet for 6 months and then said go to pain management which my regular doctor thinks isn't right for me. So I'm goin to ENT (ear, throat, nose) doctor tomorrow to find out why I feel like I have strep throat/can't swallow. I'm so depressed about it all. I can't seem to have any energy to do what I used to – artwork, gardening, etc. I so regret getting this done. It has wrecked my life. Logically I know I had to do it. The bone was too soft and I was one minor accident away from a more serious problem. Do any of you feel this way?Thanks. BTW I'm so sorry for so many of you having such difficulty. The person having to deal with bent loose screws is so awful!

That is so scary that you would have bent screws and it sounds so painful. I'm sorry to say I have no suggestions as my issues are listed below. I do so hope you get some relief – you have a long life ahead of you – but I know you want it without so much pain.

Almost the same boat but just 3 levels. Had surgery Aug. 2016 and am miserable. I'm 64 HWP with no prior injuries. Trifecta with chronic pain, nausea and headache. OTC's are useless. But it was surgery or paralysis. I wish everyone contemplating this experience the best outcome and healing for those suffering.

I just had a CDF surgery at the Brigham and women's hospital on March 17. I feel like I'm doing pretty good but still have the pain at the bottom of the back of my neck and very tired after minimal activity. At three weeks do you think I should be off the pain medication?

I had a triple ACDF in March 6th 2 months ago) C4-5, 5-6 and 6-7, and neck and shoulder pain started this week! Wearing a bone stimulator also!! Did your dr say what is causing this??

I very much agree. I had the same surgery 6 months ago and am in more constant pain now than before the surgery. I wish I never got sucked in to letting the Thief I mean Doctor perform it.