New Reply New Topic Followed by 13 people

For about two months now I've had these painful blister-like welts appear just above the hairline on my neck. A week ago one appeared in the fold of the skin behind my ear. I can actually press them down flush with the skin, and they come right back. They never break. If I mess with them they are very painful and grow even larger. They eventually, after about a week or more, just shrink away. Any idea what they are? I've thought they might be bites of some kind, but they are never open or show any identifiable bite mark.

I have been having trouble for more than a year with these blister-like bumps on my chest and neck (right underneath my jaw line), and sometimes in the hairline on the back of my neck. They pop up one or two at the time and seem to almost spread. I only get about 6 or 7 at the time and they last about a month. Like yours, they are very painful when touched and grow larger when irritated. They almost seem to form in the area that I would have facial hair if I were a man-really strange! The smaller ones may form something that appears to be a head, but what comes out is a clear, whitish fluid. I mentioned these bumps to my family doctor and he has seen them. He believed that I was getting too much hormone from my birth control. Since then, I have switched to a low hormone birth control which did not help the problem and now I have been off birth control all together for 4 months-still, nothing has changed. I would love to know if you hear or find out anything. I am planning a visit to the doctor next week and I will let you know what I get from that appointment-if anything. If I hit another dead end, I am heading to the dermatologist.

Thanks for the input. At first I thought they were bites of some kind, because of where they appear, such as when I sleep. I just don't know.

i have a similiar problem ,both sides of the back of my neck swell-they get very sore and i get sores along the base of my hairline in back of my head..its driving me nutts anyone have any ideas..i wash my hair ive tried dandruff shampoo alcohol ,,creams,ill try anything any ideas??THANK YOU..

ive had them all over the place as of now they seemed to move to the back of my head its kinda scary doctors dont know really its so miserable no medicine fixes it wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the same problem im 18 and pimples are on the back of my neck and behind my ears and everytime i pop the pimples/bumps fluids come out then the grow back then everytime i move my neck its pain in the back

Did you ever get a answer to this question of what these bumps where or where they come from

Ive just found on anyother website that Sufur8 helps - its an afro hair shampoo and scalp conditioner. I have ordered some via Amazon and am looking forward to trying it. By the way I am a caucasian not of afro background so it will be interesting to see. Seems many have found that this product works.... antibiotics from the doctor didnt work at all

hi 

unfortunately for two or three months now  I have these blister like pimples a few at a time on my lower neck at the back and they are pretty sore and do flare up if messed with.... I too thought they were bites of some kind    visited my gp who says she thinks I must have an allergy  and gave me anti allergy tablets  which after 28 tablets have been of no use  so I'm baffled as to what it might be I'd be happy if someone could throw some light on the matter   NDM

Try tea tree oil with DMSO.

I'm having the same issues and am curious as to what type of pillow others are/were using at the time of the flare-ups?  I've wondered if it may have something to do with the itching and breakouts?

Sorry I have not seen your post before today, jaguarjim. As soon as I replaced my pillows, the welts stopped appearing. Obviously the cause was inside the pillow, such as a mite or some other biting pest. They were my favorite pillows and I had them for years. The lesson is: replace your pillows after a couple of years.

I think you have shingles.

It sounds a lot like SHINGLES. You should ask your dr. If you have had chicken pox, you are vulnerable
.

It's not singles, and I know this won't be much help, but I cannot remember the name right now. The name starts with a H .. it's rather long and there's an acronym of three letters for it as well. Caffeine makes them worse. You can also get them in your groin area. Can't remember much but it has to do with the lymph system.