Greetings,
When I was about five years old, I fractured my skull. Although I have never had problems with this for over fifteen years, for the last two or three years I have noticed cracks in my skull. Presumably they are from the fracture and I just never bothered fingering my forehead much before. In any case, I'm a philosophy undergraduate, so I spend a lot of time thinking and a lot of time with my hands to my forehead. The cracks were alarming and sometimes pained a bit. Now I'm quite worried about these cracks, since they pain more and are often just irritated. For example, washing my hair seems to irritate the nerves around the cracks; lowering my head causes some pain and pressure; I tend to get feelings of being 'disconnected' occasionally; being out of breath also tends to irritate the cracks; and it feels very uncomfortable to touch the cracks.

So my question is, does anybody know if this is generally related to skull fractures? Do I have anything to worry about? However irrational it may sound, I wonder if a past skull fracture and a brain tumor might not cause my skull to gradually pull apart.

Best wishes,
J. Roberts

Hey I am dealing with the same thing. I am not sure where the original injury originated. But the story sounds the same. Have you found any info about this?

I somewhat have the same thing! When I was 5 I had gotten Injured and had lost a piece of my skull. For a very long time it never bothered me but I'm 15 now and lately I've been getting pain in the location of my injury and I feel like they lead to the back of my head like a cracked path. I'm not sure what to think of it, perhaps over thinking it..? Hopefully you get some answers for me and other people reading this!