New Reply New Topic Followed by 19 people

Hi ladies I had a surgical abortion 6 days ago and I have to agree I too wish someone had told me what it was going to be like after the op I don't regret my decision because of many different reasons but I'm so depressed since I had it done and the pain is unbelievable I just wish there was an end in sight from the moment I walked into where I had surgery my partner and I were separated and I didn't see him then for the next 6 hours because I was prep which is extremely painful in its self 4 hours later I went down for it doing I came round from the anesthetic and all I wanted was my partner but I couldn't see him until I was able to leave after another 3 hours travelling home I was relived it was over I have to be honest I just wanted to share my experience because I knew nothing of what would really happen and I'd like to make any ladies out there thinking of having the done just to be aware its not an easy thing to go through at all

I'm feeling the same thing right now, I pray I get over it

Well I just had my abortion on today I feel a lot relieve but just waiting on my body to do some healing. This is my very first abortion never in my life thought I would have and abortion because not believing in it but at the moment of my life knowing that I barely can care for myself I just knew from start this was the very best decision every. I was sick through the whole 11 weeks could not keep nothing down but grapes and sprite. All my child wanted was grape and sprite. I'm bleeding but very lightly went to planned parenthood and everyone there was so nice to me followed me through step by step on what was going on

I had a surgery almost two months now I've been having cramps for the past month . its terrible I can't even walk

I had an abortion with pills 4 days ago (8 weeks). Firstly, I live in Ireland were abortion is still illegal so you have to rely on organisations outside of the country to help you. There really is no information on the process especially what actually happens to your body or the level of pain you can experience. I began to feel pain about half an hour after putting the pills in my mouth and they intensified very quickly. I was vomiting violently and was covered in sweat. About an hour in i had to squat on the ground and push because nothing else was bearable,and then passed out from the pain for a little while. I was so scared cause there was no one to warn me that it would hurt so badly. The pain evened out a few hours later, but im still having severe cramps and bleeding 4 days later. Its crazy what a woman's body can go through!!!

Pls mine is going to two weeks is it normal or is there any drug I could take to stop it.

Hi, did you experience any heavy cramping in week 4. I am having heavy cramping and it's week 3 for me..I was wondering now how you managed the pain

I'm the same it's killing me to point iv fainted n feel horrible x

Greetings everyone

Honestly the abortion pill isn't as bad as some people say, I would like to share my experience with you. I had a medical abortion at 7 weeks, the day of the abortion I was absolutely petrified due to all the horror stories I had read on the internet, the experience I've had with the BUPAS staff was fantastic they really made me feel at ease, I took all the pills the same day as I was so early and luckily I have a very supporting mother who took him home after, within 4 hours the cramps started to kick in, yes there is a lot of pain but once I passed the pregnancy the pain started to reduce, a few days after the cramps where intense but nothing more than bad period cramps. Just make sure your stocked up on pain killers and heat pads / hot water bottles they help massively. Also don't have a bath stick to showers as baths can cause infections. Anyone reading this my thoughts are with you having to go through this and making such a hard decision, everything will be ok. Stock up on chocolate and magazines and make sure you have someone with you. lastly DO NOT read horror stories on the internet majority of them are so over the top and graphic which will not help !!!

I have same experience..i took cytotec 6 tablets 2 rab after 3 hrs...after that light bleeding but very severe cramps in my back n in belly..i was feeli g about to die ..i started loose motions...pain was not bearable i have to admit in hospital they inject me vorran injection for pain n intox then even pain was continue. .after 2 hrs pain was mild ..then i was back at home but next day again severe pain..no blood clots..3rd day i pass one big blood clot ..but i m still on pain light bleeding but feeling clots are in mid not coming out and sudden feel severe cramps..i dont know what i have to do..when complete abortion will b done...

i had my abortion last sunday, 6th of august. Took cytotec, an hour after my first dose i start bleeding then took the 2nd dose after 4 hours. Blood clots passed i was chilling for the first few hours but the pain is like normal, tolerable. On the 3rd day i was still bleeding but the cramping is more severe, today its my 4th the pain became worst, its like theres something sharp object on my stomach paining for how many seconds then will disappear then it will go back again, i also passed more blood than the 1st day. Is it normal? how many days this will last?

You were lucky you had pain pills. Most doctors don't prescribed them. I had a miscarriage and will never in my life take the abortion pill again.

I had a surgical 7 days ago, the bleeding was like a period for around 3 days then was just spotting, the cramps are intense for the first 4 days I just couldn't stay awake and was taking Co-codamol ebery 4 hours with a hot water bottle constantly.
Yesterday I did a bid supermarket shop, carrying the bags wasn't a great idea made the cramping much worse again.
I'm now off the pain relief and just using the occasional hot water bottle.
For me I had mixed feelings as was not 100% convinced about going through with things but my partner and I decided that it wasn't the right time for us plus I had many complications heavy bleeding during pregnancy and strong pain from about week 3 (not that I knew until week 6, just thought I was about to have the worlds worst period) the pain was so intense and the bleeding left me dizzy most days, the doctor said the placenta hadn't attached properly and I was having a "threatened misscarriage" which made the decision slightly better thinking I may not have had a happy healthy baby anyway.
The guilt and sadness that followed the procedure was something I wasn't prepared for and I'm now acutely aware of everything baby related.
My advice to anyone would be to take your time making a decision and realise that it is probably not your last chance of having a baby, you need to consider what's right for you your partner and if you are going to be able to provide a good life that a baby deserves, for me this wasn't possible and I feel very guilty that I allowed myself to become pregnant in the first place - missed pills and the assumption that it was all going to be fine as it was just the odd one here and there. Also I feel like I'm missing a part of me which I hope will pass and I just am comforted by the fact that one day we will plan to have a child when we are all set up and able to provide a family and stable home and good life for a little one.
No matter what your reasons are for getting an abortion just hold on to your reasons in times of sadness or questioning if you made a mistake. I'm sure we will all get through it eventually and the future will be bright.
Sorry for the waffle, good luck to anyone in this situation x

Thank you so much that really helped
I was so scared and feeling that I'm gonna definitely die of this until I read your post
Is normal also to be light headed and soooo dizzy when getting up or lifting your head?

Thanks again