Hi!

I have used the PaloVia skin renewing laser for a few years now, in combination with a better skincare routine than I had before. I have overall been very happy with the decreased wrinkles and increased firmness of my skin, but my PaloVia has now died and I am looking for something to replace it. The Tria age-defying laser is the most serious contender for my purposes at the moment. Before I buy anything, I would love it if someone who has tried both could compare the results of both, because I am looking for something with results on par with the PaloVia. 

Can anyone help?

Here's what I know about the Tria Age-Defying Laser:

- It's much cheaper than the Philips ReAura.
- It's FDA approved.
- Research shows it to be quite effective: 95% of users had a smoother skin within a month of starting use, 92% said it was more effective than anti-aging creams, 87% reported a younger looking complexion, and 76% saw improvements in their wrinkles.

It is also easy to use, with different settings. It also comes with different products that are designed to use alongside the Tria Age-Defying Laser, which is appealing to me because I want to know that I am using the right products to support the regimen.

I am interested in getting a skin renewal device for at-home use for anti-aging purposes. I hope this forum will help me make the right choice. Tria Beauty Age-Defying Laser, 4.5 lb costs $495 on Amazon. According to the description, it is currently the only FDA approved device of its kind, which I will have to look up because other similar devices are also being sold on Amazon. When you read the reviews, people are saying it is only FDA approved for crow's feet, and I have wrinkles all over. There are also comments about the battery only lasting three years and not being able to be replaced, which would concern me as well considering the price of this device. I too would like to see more honest reviews from people who have this device. Thanks.

Health Advisor

So, I read an interesting piece about these antiwrinkle lasers... but yeah, mods, I know links are a no go here so I won't link it. It was cool to read anyway. Basically the idea is that collagen will break down over the years, causing you to have wrinkles. Though creams can slow that stuff down, wrinkles will still catch up with you sooner or later, you know? But if you use them lasers, then what you are doing is telling the skin to make more collagen. It also said that you can get that dreaded hypo and hyper pigmentation, which is when you get either light or dark spots on the skin. That don't seem very nice to me, but yeah, apparently it really does send wrinkles packing, which is something I guess... that don't mean your skin will stay wrinkle free forever though, 'cause nature can't be beaten forever. Basically, this slows time down, it doesn't freeze it...

The Tria Age Defying Laser costs $495 and is FDA cleared to work on reducing lines by collagen and elastin boosting laser to your skin. It hurts a bit and many users report temporary inflammation after use, but it does work.

Some other products you may consider looking at:

- LightStim for wrinkles. For $249, this device can deliver pain free light beams that increase collagen production, reduce wrinkles and slow down the formation of your ones to your skin. It also helps with sun spots.
- NuFace Mini Facial Toning Device. This one massages electric currents into your skin, and it can be yours for $199, less than most similar products. It takes only minutes and leaves a cold sensation on your skin.

Celebrity

I the meanwhile, I have been doing some research. I have rosacea, which makes many products unsuitable for my skin, but I had also read that some lasers could improve rosacea and if that works, I am all for it. So the Tria Age Defying laser is apparently used by some people with rosacea. The manufacturer doesn't say that it is unsuitable for people with rosacea. Its approved to reduce wrinkles, but some people with rosacea do see very good improvements after using it. The key is to consult your doctor before buying or using it, because it is not going to be helpful for everyone with rosacea and may do harm in some cases. It would be wonderful if this could help me and I will certainly talk to my derm about it next time.

Now that the Palovia skin renewing laser is no longer available for sale, there are plenty of other at-home anti-age lasers that have replaced it.

1. Tria Age Defying Laser
2. LightStim for wrinkles
3. Baby Quasar
4. NuFace toning device

And many more. They all work in slightly different ways so investigating how they do their job as well as what the results are is a good thing, but you are not short of options. In response to the initial question, the answer is obviously Tria is better since that is still available and Palovia is not. I expect we'll see many more options in future years as well.

The Tria Age Defying laser is an awesome product. With this laser, you can achieve results that would only ever be available to you with pricey and frequent visits to a dermatologist, all in the comfort of your own home and all that with just one purchase. Since I got mine, I look so much younger and fresher and I can't stop talking about it because I'm so happy! The laser is easy to use and not uncomfortable and gives you results pretty quickly if you follow the instructions correctly. I'd warmly recommend it to anyone who is seeking to shave some years off their look.

Palovia was discontinued, by the way.

I have had my Tria age defying laser for around three years now. It does cause some redness after using it, but that's not a problem if you use it at night because it will be gone by the morning. The hyperpigmentation I had near my eyes is now gone and the Tria laser is definitely keeping me looking young. I'm 47 and used to tan, so that says a lot about the power of healing sun damage. This is definitely an excellent tool that I'd recommend to anyone interested in beautiful skin.

Hello! I am writing to inquire what at-home lasers are currently on the market with the purpose of wrinkle reduction. I recently came across one such laser at the mall and then seriously began to consider purchasing an age-defying device for at home. Searching the internet, I am confused about the options, including the difference between "light therapy" and laser treatment for at home. I am in my late 30s and look my age. What would you advise for me to get? What are the best lasers on the market now that are still cost effective?

I recently saw some rejuvenating laser renewal device at a electrical appliance store while I was shopping for an new hair iron. I had never heard of it before but looked interesting. I think it was made by Remington or Philips but I don't quite remember now. It cost around $800 anyway. I was wondering whether it really works or whether it's a ginormous waste of money. Now I've found this thread. It was definitely neither of the devices in the title that I saw. But what I want to know in general is whether this really works. From some of the replies here these devices are truly a worthwhile investment. Are there people with bad experiences with at home lasers for anti-aging as well? I don't know. I am in two minds about this.