Is pennicilin the first line therapy in respiratory infections? As I take antibiotics rarely, maybe once or twice in period of three years, I guess that I could not develop resistance. Should I take it without prescription, I have sore throat and cough and have runny nose with yellow green secretion. As I know it is typical for bacterial infections and not for viral, so pennicilins may be from help. What do you think?

It seems to me like your infection has bacterial origin, but it has never been recommended to use antibiotics without doctor’s prescription. Respiratory infections can be treated with penicillin, even single injection of slow release benzylpenicillin is considered as effective. Phenoxymethil penicillin and procain benzylpenicilin are usually prescribed in respiratory infections, like oral or intramuscular therapy. I was having problems with yeast infection that was caused by uncontrolled using of antibiotics, because of the same reason as you have. It took really long for me to cure it completely.