New Reply New Topic Followed by 58 people

Every month about a week or 5 days before I get my period, I get a boil in the exact same place. It last about 3-4 days until it pops, and blood comes out of it...Then it leaves a purplish scar...I don't know if its really a boil, its down below, on my pubic hair line. Same thing..Month after month. Same size, same spot. How do I get it to stop showing up? Its painful and scares me...It started appearing about 7-8 months ago. Now it comes like clockwork...

I get the same thing, I am not sure what it is, but I know a few other women who get them as well. My mother once told me it was a sweat issue. My doctor didnt seem to concerned about it because they went away.

I searched the internet for exactly this post. Obviously, this is not an uncommon problem, as the symptoms are exactly the same for all three of us (original poster, first response, now mine). My guess is that most women aren't talking online about it.

Upper pubic area, happening in exact same spot each time, lasts just a few days (unlike other boils which seem to last 2 weeks or more from what I have read), pops and drains, has a purplish pointed head (with white tip) the day or so before it pops and drains, leaves a purplish round spot which must be a bruise which fades away.

I had a large mole removed from the spot where my particular boil keeps coming back many many years ago, and thought perhaps it was a symptom of some remnant of that mole left behind coming back years later. But, apparently this is a common problem for other women in that area, and common for it to be recurring in the same spot in that area. The question is, on both counts, WHY?

I haven't timed it to periods, but I will make note that this one started up just a couple days before my period did... so I will watch that from now on.

This makes me a little bit angry.. a common problem, that apparently doctors aren't concerned enough to explain, but they will spend reams of paper and time explaining genital warts. These recurring boils are not comfortable, they stink with their infection, and apparently have nothing to do with hygiene (trust me), but no doctor is interested in finding out the cause and THUS the prevention of this common ailment.

I think it's fairly common. I'm gotton 2 or 3 now on my thigh just outside my panty line. I was really worried at first, but I talked to several women who have experience something similar. However, I haven't been able to read anything written by a doctor or in a medical journal. please post if you find anything.

I had an ingrown hair on my panty line (about an inch from my vaginal opening) that grew into a boil. It swelled, drained, swelled, drained. I went to the OBGYN and she lanced it and gave me antibiotics. I stopped wearing panties. It went away. However, as soon as I wore panties (during my period since I wear pads) it came right back. As soon as I stopped wearing panties it went away. At this point I think I should look into surgery to remove what ever the hell is going on.

If anyone else has noticed this pattern and found a solution, please post.

Thank god I have found other people who are suffering as I am!! For the past few periods I have had a boil recur in the same place (mine is between my vagina and back passage on one side). It is very very uncomfortable when it flares. Unlike yours, I haven't noticed mine pop, it just seems to go down.

It does have a purple colour to it though. I am taking quite strong immuno-suppressant drugs for Crohns disease treatment and assumed it was related to these.

The down side for me is I can't have the treatments for the Crohns disease whilst I have any type of infection, so it interrupts my treatment regime.

If anyone can shed more light on these, please post as, like the other women on here, it is very un-nerving and quite frustrating not to find any details about them on the web.

I experience the same thing for quite a while now. It comes and goes does not burst or anything of the sort. Now it appear when I ovulate. Could it be hormonal, like having pimles on the face when you have your period. Does it have any to with age I am 36 years old. Why dont we all try taking lots of water and vitamins to boost our immunity. A doctor friend says that the immunity of some females my reduce during their periods.

I have had the same thing for a year and a half- they are on my thighs, legs and butt. they hurt, have a white head and turn a bruised color. sometimes they drain sometimes they don't. they always leave behind a scar and a little knot like scar tissue. I have searched online and supected everything from folliculitis, mrsa, cellulitus- have not figured out what it is and how to fix it. went to my obgyn, dermatoligist and regular doctor. no one seems too worried, and antibiotics make it go away for a while. Just started to think it might be related to my period and found this site. I suspect some kind of staph and have been working really hard to keep my skin super clean. I am a nail biter, and am trying to get rid of that variable to try and narrow it down. any thoughts would be great, i'm glad it's not jsut me.

I have had the same thing for a year and a half- they are on my thighs, legs and butt. they hurt, have a white head and turn a bruised color. sometimes they drain sometimes they don't. they always leave behind a scar and a little knot like scar tissue. I have searched online and supected everything from folliculitis, mrsa, cellulitus- have not figured out what it is and how to fix it. went to my obgyn, dermatoligist and regular doctor. no one seems too worried, and antibiotics make it go away for a while. Just started to think it might be related to my period and found this site. I suspect some kind of staph and have been working really hard to keep my skin super clean. I am a nail biter, and am trying to get rid of that variable to try and narrow it down. any thoughts would be great, i'm glad it's not just me.

I am glad to know that there more females that have the same problem, I had an aunt that used to have problems with boils so I thought that it may have been genetic. I started having problems with them when I was about 14 and for about 5 years I didn't get any. When I went off to college I started them again. I have asked many doctors about them and they really don't have an answer as to why I keep them so often. I know that when I get stressed they show, since I don't have a regular period I can't say that my are caused due to my period. I wish a study would be done to find out what makes some more prone to them others. I have heard the hygiene excuse before and I just don't think it is legit because most of the people who I know that have problems with boils have very good hygiene including myself and I am sure others can say the same. They doctors explain is that the bacteria that causes boils is naturally on everyone's skin, the question they need to try and solve is why everyone doesn't get them. It would be helpful to see if there are any common characteristics between the people who do get them.

I have experienced the same thing for years and have been told that it is hidradenitis suppurativa.

Basically, it's an infection in the sweat glands and is common in the groin and armpits for both men and women. And basically, there's no cure.

Do a web search and you will find a lot more info. Warning: images related to this are pretty gross.

i have been going through the same thing since the last 2 years . Was worried and asuall going through websites to find something about it and came through this site. read all problems of different women and felt relived that other women also have excpiriened the same problem. hope all of us get rid of these painfullllllllllllllllllllllllllll boils.

I dont know if what I have is the same as any of you but about 5 days before my period I get a boil on the inside of my panty line. I have only had them a few months but the first 2 would grow from the size of a pea to a large golf ball and were very painful and never fully drain. So when it started to flare up once again just 5 days before my period, my friend told me to put Wild Oregeno oil on it and take it internally as well. Oregeno oil claims to be a herbal antibiotic. Anyways I have been putting 5 to 8 drops of the oil on a cottonball and leaving it on as long as I can (obviously not wanting to tape it on cuz getting the tape off hurt almost as bad as the boil) and I can say that this month the growth stopped and it is less painful. It is coming to a head sooner and with less pain. I cant say yet if it is going to cure the boil but heres hoping

I have boils also, about 9 of them. i have been putting tea tree oil on them and it seems to help. i had one on my vagina and it looked like blood had pooled under the skin and it was very tender so i popped it. a blood clot and the "core" came out. i havent been able to pop any of the other ones, but boy do they hurt.

OMG! i've been having the same problem since i started having a period. and now i'm 28 and i still get them . the same spot , right before my period come . i've went to 2 different doctors and they say oh just drink water. It's affecting my sex life because it looks horrible. i guess you have to have some type of surgery to remove it from the root.??? well i'm glad i'm not the only chick with this problem. I hate it! it looks so digusting.