Hello. I'm a 30 year old male. In March of this year I had unprotected oral sex with a person who I found out later had a sketchy background with drugs and unprotected sex. Two weeks later I went to Planned Parenthood and had STD tests done for HIV, Gonorrhea and Chlamydia. All came back negative.

About 3 weeks after the sexual encounter I started feeling a consistent burning in my urethra. It wasn't excruciating but it was an annoyance that would persist throughout the entire day. Urinating wouldn't make it any better or worse (however after the first time I would wake up and urinate in the morning it would sting afterwards), however ejaculating would cause it to flare up sometimes (not every time).

It has been almost 4 months since it started and it still persists. Here's my medical journal of doctors and treatments since it started:

April 22 - went to an urgent care. Doctor figured because of the timing it was likely Gonorrhea. Prescribed me Phenazopyridine Hcl Tabs 200mg & Ciprofloxacin Tabs 500mg. Urine and blood were taken and both came back clean.

April 29 - went back to urgent care. They again took urine, blood and this time a urethra swab. All came back negative.

May 2 - saw a Urologist who couldn't find anything wrong and suggested it could be hernia.

May 3 - saw a surgeon who ruled out hernia.

*By the middle of May it had went away but returned on July 1 and has continued since then.

July 5 - saw primary doctor who took a urine sample and it was negative. He recommended I see a Neurologist and get my spine checked.

July 10 - saw a neurologist who recommended I go for an MRI.

July 11 - saw primary doctor again. He now thinks it is all in my head and recommended Cymbalta. Took another urine test and it came back negative.

July 18 - have an MRI done on my spine.

August 1 - Saw a different Urologist. Prescribed Metronidazole 500mg (Flagyl) and said it is probably Nongonococcal urethritis since everything else has been ruled out.

August 7 - go back to Neurologist who says MRI found nothing. He thinks it could be passing of kidney stone gravel that injured the inside of my urethra.

Today, August 11, it still burns every day after finishing the Flagyl. The past few days it has sometimes felt a like a sharp stabbing pain closer to the head of the penis. There hasn't been any discharge or sores.

Very frustrating!

We have very much the same problem and I've been dealing with this for a 1 year! Pain inside the head of the penis, burning with urination, discharge with bowel movement, redness irritation at the tip, testicle pain and I've seen all the doctors like you with all the same bs results. I know you posted this awhile back, have you been able to figure this out?

Thanks for posting. What you have seems similar to what I have. Did you also have aches, pains, itches?

If you're talking to me.. No aches or pains but the tip of the penis has an itch every once in awhile but some of the symptoms have gone away over the months.. The main 4 are.. Irritation/Redness at tip of penis, white/clear discharge, testicle pain and cold genitals.

Dude you have herpies...... ive had breakouts in my penis off and on for 10 yrs........PS...stress makes it worse.....You have to live with it...........

I've been tested for that with the results being negative every time so how would I have that

Hi, LukeSala, I'm a healer,  can I ask , except for the burning, do you get itchiness as well? , and  slight fever or not?, and headache..or not...dizziness...? , and overall level of energy?.. how is it?..

And the same question to mystery7 ?...I might be able to help.

Itchiness, fever, headache and dizziness are all symptoms I do NOT get. My symptoms are as follows: Burning sensation with urination, discharge only with bowel movement, testicle pain, irritation and redness at tip of penis, and I've also had a prickling feeling inside the head of the penis. Those are the big main symptoms I've experienced. Are you able to help me with that? You said you're a healer, what kind and how do you heal?

I'm having the same symptoms.  They started about 9 weeks ago, shortly after receiving unprotected oral sex from a stranger.  I've researched Mycoplasma and feel that this is what I have.  It is an often overlooked STI by doctors and unfortunately most labs don't process samples properly and you get a lot of false negative tests.  Google mycoplasma genitalium 

I was tested for that and it came back negative.. Did u get tested for it? What are all of your symptoms and how did u start getting them? After unprotected oral or vaginal sex or what?

My symptoms are a constant pain/burning in my urethra, a pinching feeling just inside the tip of my penis and some redness around the opening. I started noticing the symptoms after receiving unprotected oral sex. The problem with the mycoplasma test, is that labs generally culture it for a week or so. All the studies that I've read and medical journals say that it must be cultured for 4-8 weeks, because it is very slow growing. Finding a lab that will do PCR or NAAT testing is the hard part. These processes of testing are much more accurate. I'm waiting on my second test results. The first came back negative, but again, it was only cultured for a week. I asked for a PCR test this time, but the lab technician and my urologist had no idea what i was talking about, so i don't have much hope that it will be down correctly. Hope this helps Mystery007. Keep in touch ~Frustrated.

Yes I have the same symptoms and got it the same way! Did the girl have any symptoms? I also have testicle pain and a white clear discharge sometimes with a big bowel movement, do you have these symptoms also? Even if the results came back positive after being cultured for a long period of time what good does that do? In my case I believe I've taken almost every antibiotic in the book and if I did have the mycoplasma it would of been eradicated by all those antibiotics I was told.. What PCR test needs to be done.. A Mycoplasma PCR test for 4-8 weeks?

The person that gave me oral sex was a stranger that I never saw again, so not sure about their symptoms. I do have testicular pain from time to time, but have not had discharge of any kind. If the lab cultures for a PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test, then 2-3 weeks is sufficient. Treatment should be an oral dose of the antibiotic azithromycin, generally up to 8 days, if it does not eradicate it, 10 days of moxifloxacin. However read up on moxifloxacin as it can cause serious side effects. If it doesn't work then you are sh*t out of luck from what i can tell. I am looking into a Chinese remedy called the . Pill. It is very expensive though.

How long after oral did you start getting symptoms and what was your first symptom? Mine was burning with urination but that went away within a couple weeks and haven't' really had it since then. More symptoms kept following like every few weeks. Testicle pain, sharp pains in head of penis then discharge with big bowel movement (which looks almost identical to semen) and I've also noticed a LOT of precum. I never really had much before but now it's crazy a lot, even with excitement I start to get some. I've taken azithromycin a few times and it didn't work. I've taken almost everything but I don't think I've taken Moxifloxacin because everyone says how bad it is.. I've been on about 10+ different antibiotics multiple times and nothing works.. I have also always tested negative for all the STDs throughout this whole process and have taken over 30 tests. I'm really frustrated like you are and I really don't know what to do.. I'm thinking it's either one of two things.. 1. An STD that's unidentifiable by all these regular STD tests or 2. A bacteria that lays in the mouth and only gives the guy the problem after oral sex but has no affect on women. If this is the case, then STD tests wouldn't be able to find anything because it wouldn't be a normal STD or a STD at all, just a bacteria that lays in the mouth and when comes in contact with the genitals, then gets passed on but it's only a theory.

My first symptom was burning urination and urethral inflammation. I noticed the symptoms within a couple of days, within 5 days for sure. I still have the burning sensation in my urethra, all day, not just during urination. I have pain in the perineum area (taint) as well, it's almost as if someone is squeezing it. The more I read, the less confidence I have in STD tests. Mycoplasma is now the 3rd most prevalent STI and most doctors have never heard of it. Mycoplasma is very small and has no cell wall, therefore it is resistant to most antibiotics and can hide from them. If the Azithromycin doesn't work the first time, then it is useless to take it a second time, as the mycoplasma learn to change and resist it. i have entertained the idea that this could be a new STI that hasn't been discovered by infectious disease doctors. Your theory is very interesting and scary to think that something like that could cause such discomfort for so long. There are many people describing the same symptoms on forums all over the internet. Just when they think they have beat it, it comes back. Doctors ignore it and tell people it's in their head. I just started an anti-candida diet to see if it could be some strange yeast infection. I feel as if we are on our own to figure this out and cure it, if it can indeed be cured. I don't want to believe that I have to live with this pain forever.