I have a pimple like bump under my tongue on the area that connects the tongue to the floor of the mouth.....I thought I had a blocked salivary gland a few years ago and went to a ENT specialist and he recommended not doing anything if I could just live with the nusiance of the swelling...he thought I might have a small stone in the salivary gland or duct....and the area stays a little swollen and then recently I notice a pimple like bump in that area.....I am very worried...and have an appointment with an oral surgeon. I do not smoke and have never smoked but also know that is not always the problem....do you have any words of encouragement or advice...thanks

I have one, too, and had considered going to see a doctor. It looks like a blackhead, but is very hard. It is just to the side of the connecting tissue on the underside of my tongue.

Let me know what you find out, please.

I have the same problem. Mine looks like like a pimple. The doctor said it was possibly some sort of stone and gave me antibiotics, which helped but didn't take it away, just made the area smaller.

I just read online that eating a sour pickle can take it away. I couldn't find a truly sour pickle, but I got dill pickles, ate a bit, and the thing is much smaller after only ten minutes or so...but it's still there. Would love to hear what anyone else finds out. It would be great if the pickle thing works, huh?

I have absolutely the same problem. It just comes up when I eat something and will go away within 5-10 minutes. I might be alergic to some foods. i didn't have it for about 3 months after i stopped using the multivitamins and other suppliments. however, it just came back after those 3 months. It might be due to some foods...maybe vitamin C or something. I'll have to make an appointment with my doctor and find out what it is. It doesn't hurt at all but I'm still worried.

My son had this!! It was the most freakish thing. He started off with an inflamed lymph node and swelling under his tongue. Got a course of Prednisone and Augmentin. The lymph node went down. Still painful for him to eat and talk. Several days later, he had some pimples - for lack of a better word - under his tongue. Big white heady things. Sorry to be so gross, but it gets grosser. Then the pimples popped and he ended up spitting about two tablespoons of pus into the sink. New antibiotic. Then last night he said it was looking swollen a little, and he was scraping it with his finger, and he said it felt like his finger was scraping something hard. Then this stone - kind of looked like a rice krispie, only bigger, about a 1/2 inch long, came out of the skin of his tongue, underneath. So weird. My mom and I think it's kind of alien-like. We put it in a little container to show the doctors.

:D hey peeps i noticed white stuff poking through my salivary gland so i did some research. what i had out which helped me instantly is i pushed gently of each side of salivary and boom sure enough a rice krispy popped right out. instant pain relief. i am able to glick again. from reading online i learned that if you have one stone than you probably have more. i hope not though. i guess it is time to start keeping track of what i eat again. anyway i hope this helps pop the damn thing you'll feel much better. and you save on a docters trip. depression and certain depression drugs can also cause these systems. so smile and rejoice are time here is precise and so are you. god bless buddy :shock:

I took Bahart's advice and excavated the area under my tongue that was causing me so much discomfort with a sanitized tweezer. I bled quite a bit but that didn't stop me. Nothing was more uncomfortable than having that bump constantly under my tongue... I wound up pulling out a hard pimple like chunk of meat. I do not mean to be vulgar, but that's just what it was! I then rinsed my mouth with Hydrogen Peroxide and mouthwash several times. What a relief to have that thing gone! I was interested in the correlation between depression meds and these horrible bumps. I just started on Wellbutrin XL 150 mg/1x daily four weeks ago for depression, and out came this bump! Maybe there really is a correlation with the depression medication. So glad it's gone for now... I only hope it doesn't return!

yes it must be related to anti-depressants because im on Citalopram and I get them

a few days ago i noticed a pimple like hard stone of some sort under my tongue. on that line thing that connects to the bottom of your mouth. i could feel it always and i could touch it with my tongue but when i touched it with my fingers i felt major pain. painless otherwise. well today i couldnt handle it and i pulled that thing out by putting my fingers behind it and squeezing. not the best idea but it came out. no blood. a tiny stone white and hard. i dont know what it was. since it came out it feels way better and its gone and i have no pain at all. its normal now.

what was it?
how did i get it?

what you are describing are tonsoliths or tonsil stones. They pose no real harm and often go away with time.

If you guys are getting what looks to be whitehead pimples, and then are able to extract a small white stone - you're talking about Salivary Gland Stones.

I couldn't eat for the last 2 days and was finally able to pop it out of my submandibular gland on my right - the submandibulars are the ones with the ducts directly below your tongue on either side of the center connector.

It was p***y, and it felt like I had a golf ball stuffed underneath my tongue. It was not pretty and extremely painful - but so long as you're able to extract it, it should get better. My stone was pretty tiny, a couple of millimeters long, 1 millimeter wide. It's funny how something so small can do so much damage.

If you don't have a stone, you need to see a doctor, it could be anything - even something as serious as gland cancer. If you see the stone and can't get it out yourself, you also need to go to the doc where they can cut it out.
Oh, and if it WAS a stone, don't be surprised if it happens again. Apparently it's because you're not producing thin enough saliva and should drink lots of water and sucking on sour drops that will produce plenty of saliva - every day.

Okay if you have what i have which is like a clear thing the same color of the skin i think (I haven't looked at it in awhile and i am only 18 YO) i have had this before and after sometime it goes away. it will stay for awhile and usually when you forget about it cause its been there so long it goes away. I just got a new one and about the hurting... mine only hurts if i mess with it. If i don't mess wit it its fine. so just try leaving it be.

Hey, I've got that too. Very strange..... I managed to squeeze one out once but the next day I had another one! It was a tiny white stone!
It's pretty annoying cos i keep playing with it with my tongue.
My dentist couldn't tell me what it was!!!!
I am going to see an ENT!!!

OK, so I picked my sister up for the weekend and she complained of this pain under her tongue and when swallowing. When I looked under her tongue she had this white headed looking pimple under it. We started to do some research and came across this forum, and boy is she thankful! After finally convincing her to squeeze it after seeing some horrific photos of these stones, she squeezed it and about the 5th try a small looking pebble came out. She immediately had relief from the pain and swelling in her neck. I had never heard of such a thing happening up until tonight. Thank God for the Internet and Google, LOL!

My 6 month old daughter has this withe bump where the salivary gland is, just like you all described. W have a appointment with a mouth specialist. Hope that it is just a plugged duct as you all described.