I am a 35 year old woman who was diagnosed with a pineal cyst, 9 mm about 6 monhts ago. I have a follow up MRI next week to see if it has grown. I, as like everyone else, was told this is noway causing any of my symptoms. I find it odd that everyone who has a pineal cyst also has the same type of symtpoms. I have horrible daily headaces, my sleep patterns have changed dramatically, I have depression, and this has not resolved with 6 different anti-depressants that have been tried so far. I have horrible dizzy spells. I will just be sitting, looking at computer, or watching tv, and all the sudden i feel something in my head, (feels like something drops), and then i get real dizzy, unsteady, sometimes nausea. The original spell will last about 5 to 10 minutes, then go away, but I feel "off" for sometimes up to 2 hours after. This started over a year ago, but over the past months has gotten worse, to where it is a daily thing. So far, they don't seem to care (my drs.) or take this seriously. Now I have been diagnosed with PVCs. I have never had heart problems before. They assure me this has nothing to do with the cyst either. I often have right eye pain, it waters for no reason. It will get blurry vision, and wiggles back and forth. I seen an Eye doctor who did a peripheral vision test, which was okay, and a dilated eye exam and was told that was okay also. Yet it continues. I am tired all the time, and just getting very frustrated all of this this. Noone will listen to me. My last visit, I was telling them all these things that are going on, and they told me to see a shrink! I am so upset, the dizzy spells and the headaches scare me. Any advice on what I can do? I am not a complainer, and i have gone from a fun loving person, to a moody, grouchy, short tempered person. I have memory loss, which seems to be getting worse. Noone cares though. Noone will listen. I feel for all of you out there with a pineal cyst.

kellir wrote:

You DO NOT need to see a Shrink. You need to find a better Nuerosurgeon who will operate on you and remove this lesion/cyst from your pineal gland. I too havea pineal lesion/cyst about the same size as yours .. I too have PVC and vertigo and head pressure and depression .. is this a coincidence? I am only 26 .. i have suffered now for over 4 years .. is this a coincidence that both of us are suffering and being told the same thing by doctors? .. NO it is not. email me : parmi2008 at yahoo.com

I want to hear from everyone who has pineal lesion/cysts .. and also your family members too .. please lets all get together and take action and make a change in the system.

my name is peter .. male 26 very healthy and strong mentally .. but now turned into a zombie due to the Pineal Lesion/cyst .. Pineal lesion is to blame for our vertigo/balance issues, anxiety, dizziness, vision disturbances and many other symptoms.. don't let your nuerosurgeon or other doctor tell you that pineal lesions don't have anything to do with it.. they are wrong.. Just look online and you will see the evidence. REAL people like us .. same kind of problems .. same kind of symtpoms, same miserable lives .. why? because the system has failed us. they refuse to help. the doctors are uneducated in this field.

i intend on taking major action against this disease. we can make a change.

God bless.

Peter B.

**edited by moderator**

i also suffer from a pineal cyst.....it is 2cm by 2cm if u want to talk about it please contact me at tamilou1122@yahoo.com :-D

I am a 29 year old female. I have just found out I have a pineal cyst that is 9mm also. I had been having daily headaches. I have also had dizzy spells for years. I also complained a few months back to my dr about my moodiness. I seem to snap over everything anymore. She told me I was bi polar but I don't feel like that's the problem. I took the meds for it with no change whatsoever. I also have sleep apnea. It seems like no matter how much I sleep I don't feel rested. I have also had a few seziures from childhood on. If anybody else with the same problems wants to talk and keep in touch you can email me at aprilshowers_1978@yahoo.com.

I am in the same position as you all. I am 34 years old and after frequent and painful headaches, on my left side, I went to see a neurologist. There is a pineal cyst of 8-9mm, I was told that isn't causing my headaches. The diagnosis is migrane and now I have beta blockers and anti depressant tablets-which don't help at all. It can't be a coinsidence, can it? That we have the same symptoms? I am guessing that you are all in the States, I am a Scot, living in Turkey. so, it seems even here, the doctors opinions are the same. I am due to go back at the end of November-until then I am just taking the tablets.

Regards to you all and sorry I don't have any helpful answers.
Angie.

I am in the same boat as you all here. I am 34 years old and was having painful headaches on my left side. I went to a neurologist and had an MR scan which shows there is a cyst of 8-9mm. She told me this isn't the cause of my headaches. The diagnosis is migrane. So she perscribed beta blockers and anti depressants. They don't seem to be helping at all. I am also short tempered and feel like everything gets on my nerves! It does seem that we all have a pineal cyst and we all have the same symptoms. I am guessing that you are all in the States. I am a Scot who lives in Turkey. So it seems the doctors here are of the same opinion.

I am sorry I don't have any useful info or help but I just wanted to share that I am in the same postion as you all.

Regards Angie.

I am a nursing student working on my med/surg rotation at University of Colorado Hospital. I just wanted to tell you that I had a patient who just had a pineal cyst removed this week. She had chronic, horrible headaches that caused nausea and vomiting, and blurred vision in one eye. I just want to tell you that there is a Dr here that will work on it, and she says he is a wonderful Dr. His name skips my mind, but if you contact the hospital they will be able to help you. His last name is something like Galehie or something similar... "lilehie" or something...Good luck in your search for a cure.

I forgot to add that she is also getting treated for depression and/or anxiety. I noticed that some of you have those symptoms as well. Good luck, I wish I could really remember the exact name of the Dr, but I'm sure they would be able to help. He with with neurology at the Univ.

I too have just been diagnosed with a 12mm pineal cyst and have exactly the same symptoms as you guys. They have slowly developed over the last 2 years and include strange dizziness, nausea, headaches, blurred vision and mild fevers/chills. My doctor won't say that it is 100% to do with the cyst and I feel helpless to do anything.

Has anyone found a doctor who will accept that Pineal Cysts can cause these distressing symptoms?

I live in the Midlands (UK).

memory loss, lack of balance, illegable hand writing, double vision and migraine were just some of the symptons of my pineal cyst but it was the docs who advised me that they were all caused by the cyst that was found following an mri. it took a really bad fall befor i was refered to a neurologist and the symptons had been building for best part of 2 years but gloucester royal refered me to frenchay and within weeks i underwent an operation to remove the cyst. i was home within 24 hrs and completely myself at once. it is the hydrocephelus that causes all the problems but once you know what it is then recieving treatment should be straight forward

I am Janet from Illinois. I am 42 and have a 2cm pineal cyst. The doctors all tell me that all the problems I have been having are not from the cyst. They can not tell me why I am having all of the problems. They can not find anything else but the pineal cyst. I am having headaches everyday, vision problems, they think they are seizures I am having but they are not 100% sure it is a seizure. I have memory loss, I am tired all the time, I have a lot of weight gain, but as a read most peolpe are having weight loss. I am dizzy a lot of the time. As of now they dont want to do anything. I have to go back for another MRI. The cyst is right next to the fluid the runs into my brain. The Dr. said that if it grows any more it can block the fluid and we will have to have an emergency surgery. So asked him if we wanted to wait for that or not and he said we need to talk about it after my next MRI. If I can I am going to tell them I want it out now. I hope they will do it. I will find out in June if they will do it. I feel for all of you going through this.

Guest wrote:

I live in the Midlands (UK).

My daughter is 18 years old, and just within the last 6 months she has had all of these symptoms, vertigo, dizziness, headaches, blurry vision, "zoning out-possibly siezures", numbness. She just had an MRI and they said she has a Pineal Cyst, but that it is not related, and that it is nothing to worry about...besides its in a spot where they wouldn't want to operate. Is it possible they are just saying not to worry because, the only medical alternative is surgery which could be morbid? email us Pineal@mikeshome.net

Guest wrote:

I live in the Midlands (UK).

peterbajwa2006 wrote:

kellir wrote:

God bless.

Peter B.

**edited by moderator**

ANything new? My daughter has same symptoms and we just found out she has a pineal cyst. what is pvc?

janetstylist wrote:

Anything new? My daughter has same symptoms, and a 11cm cyst. I am very concerned.