I AM AN AESTHETICIAN NOT A DOCTOR AND I DO NOT GIVE ANY MEDICAL ADVICE.

I HAVE PERSONALLY HAD A FACELIFT, LIPSUCTION AND A THIGH LIFT AND BREAST AUGMENTATION. I ALSO HAVE HAD DENTAL VENEERS, SEVERAL CROWNS AND ALSO IMPLANTS. THIS HAS HELPED ME LOOK BETTER AND FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF - HUGELY IMPORTANT AS I AM IN THE BEAUTY AND SKINCARE BUSINESS. THESE PROCEDURES HAVE ALSO HELPED ME KEEP MY JOB.

I SIMPLY COULD NOT AFFORD ANY OF THIS IS THE USA.

I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCES FOR THOSE THAT WOULD LIKE TO INVESTIGATE GETTING ANY MEDICAL OR COSMETIC PROCEDURES FOR ABOUT 25-35% OF WHAT IT WOULD COST HERE IN THE USA AND FOR SERVICES AND EXPERTISE THAT IS AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN THAT FOUND IN THE USA.

I DO NOT GET PAID AT ANY TIME AND DO NOT RECEIVE FREE SURGERY FOR THIS INFORMATION - SO WHY AM I DOING THIS?

1. WHILE THERE ARE MANY GOOD PLASTIC SURGEONS IN THE USA THERE ARE MANY BAD DOCTORS TOO, WITH NO MORE SURGICAL EXPERIENCE THAN A WEEKEND COURSE IN HOW TO DO VARIOUS PROCEDURES.

2. THE COST OF PLASTIC SURGERY AND DENTAL PROCESURES IN THE USA IS RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE AND BEYOND WHAT MOST CAN AFFORD. I WOULD LIKE NOTHING BETTER THAN TO LEVEL THIS PLAYING FIELD.

THE FULLY QUALIFIED AND CREDTIALLED DENTAL SURGEONS, PLASTIC SURGEONS AND EYE SURGEONS I HAVE PERSONALLY USED, HAVE ALL AGREED TO PAY A PROPORTION OF THE FEES THEY COLLECT, INTO A FUND TO PROVIDE TREATMENT FOR THE POOR AND NEEDY IN INDIA. THESE PATIENTS HAVE NO MONEY AND NEED SURGERY TO CORRECT CLEFT PALATES, BIRTH DEFECTS LIKE SPINA BIFIDA, TERRIBLE BURNS, DENTAL DECAY, CATARACTS AND VISION CORRECTION SERVICES. AS AN EXAMPLE SURGERY TO CORRECT A CLEFT PALATE CAN BE DONE FOR AS LITTLE AS $150 IN THIS PROGRAM. THE SURGICAL SKILLS ARE DONATED FREE BUT THE MEDICATIONS AND SURGICAL SUPPLIES HAVE TO BE PAID FOR AND YOU WILL HELP TO PAY FOR SOME OF THESE WHEN GETTING A PROCEDURE DONE.

EVERYONE WINS IN THIS ARRANGEMENT - YOU - THE SURGEONS - THE DESPARATELY POOR AND NEEDY OF INDIA.

THE DOCTORS I HAVE USED ARE ALL EMINENT, RESPECTED EXPERTS AND WELL QUALIFIED WITH MANY DECADES OF EXPERIENCE, WITH ALL THE MOST UP TO DATE SURGICAL TOOLS YOU WOULD FIND IN THE USA. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS IN THE PRICE FOR THIER SERVICES AND THE LOCATION OF SERVICE IS INDIA.

ALL DOCTORS SPEAK PERFECT ENGLISH AND ALMOST EVERYONE ELSE DOES TOO.

YOU CAN FLY TO INDIA FROM MOST PLACES IN THE USA FOR AROUND $1,200.00 ROUNDTRIP
A HOTEL COSTS $35 - 4150 A NIGHT, RENTAL APARTMENTS AROUND $500 A MONTH, BED & BREAKFAST AT $250 A MONTH
YOU CAN TOUR ALL THE PALACES, FORTS, TEMPLES AND HISTORIC SIGHTS IN INDIA - AFTER OR BEFORE SURGERY. IT REALLY IS THE TRIP OF A LIFETIME.

EXAMPLE PROCEDURES INCLUDING SURGERY, ANESTHESIA, HOSPITAL STAY WHEN NECESSARY

Procedure Cost in USD Cost in Indian Rupee (INR)
FACE
Face lift 2,750 1,10,000
Forehead Lift 1,870 88,000
Fat Injection/grafting 880 per 5ml 38,500 per5ml
Contour Thread Lift 220 per thread 12,000 per thread
Double Chin Liposuction 990 48,000
Cheek or Chin Implants 1,750 71,500
Mole removal 5,50 22,000
Scar revisions 8,80 38,500
Facial Laser Resurfacing 2,200 88,000
Facial Rejuvenation
With Laser or Dermarollers 330 per session 11,000
BOTOX & FILLERS
Botox Rejuvenation 11 per unit 465 per unit
Filler Injections 550 per ml 27500 per ml
EYES
Upper Eye lids 1,200 49500
Blepharoplasty
Lower Eyelids 1.200 49500
NOSE
Rhinoplasty or Nose job 2,000 82,500
Nasal septum corrections 1,000 45,000
LIPS
Lip Reduction 1,400 60,500
Lip Augmentation 1,760 71,500
EAR
Prominent Ear Reshaping 1,650 71,500
Split ear Lobe repair 220 8,800
ARMS RESHAPING
Liposuction both arms 1,100 44,000
Brachiaplasty 2,000 82,500
LASER HAIR REMOVAL
Facial hair 165 per session 6,600
Chest or back 220 per session 8,800
Total body 400 per session 16,500
BREAST
Breast Implants 2,000 82,500
Breast Lift/Mastopexy 2,000 82,500
Breast Reduction 2,400 1,00,000
Male Breast/ Gynecomastia 1,540 60,500
Breast reconstruction with flap 2,200 88,000
BODY CONTOURING
Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck
Combined with Liposuction - Mini 2,750 110,000
Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck
Combined with Liposuction - Full with umbilical transfer 2,860 1,26,500
Liposuction- arms, waist, hips,
thighs, legs, flanks etc. 1000 per area 44,000 per area
BODY UPLIFT AFTER WEIGHT LOSS
Upper Trunk 2,750 1,20,000
Thigh Lift 2,400 88,000
GENITAL RESHAPING
Penile lengthening 1,750 66,000
Penile thickening 1,750 66,000
Hypospadias/Epispadias 1,320 49,500
Hymen repair/Revirginisation 1,650 70,500
Labia Reshaping 1,650 70,500

It all begs the question, why is it so much cheaper in India?

Is it because the quality is lower? Is it because theres less legal red tape?

We call an Indian call centre for broadband support and they rarely solve our problem, we send our websites there to be programmed and we can rely on the majority to fail, I'm not saying that it's the same with the plastic surgeons over there, but is this really a risk we would like to take just for the sake of a few pounds.

I am not sure why you would be comparing a highly qualified surgeon with staff at a call centre who probably have hours of training rather than years of studying and practicing medicine and surgery.

It is possible that you did not see the fees in USD in my post above. Where can you get breast implants for USD 2000.00 or GBP $1600.00 That should answer your question. Remember also that a hospital stay is included with any major procedure.

These procedures are are largely for elective surgery and not covered by health insurance or the NHS. The fees are hugely cheaper than in the US and much cheaper than the UK with the quality of care and results in my personal experience of both the UK and the US - FAR SUPERIOR and I have been through several procedures personally.

The surgeon in my case has more than 20 years of experience and many surgeons in India have many years of training in the US and in the UK and Canada and uses medical equipment and supplies from the USA.

The plastic surgeons in the US and other places are counting on the fact that we, the public, will dismiss plastic surgery in India as being unsafe and with care and experience that is lacking. This is simply not true which is why medical tourism abroad is escalating regardless of what you or I say.

Maybe you did not know that India was doing plastic surgery more than 2000 years ago and today they have some of the most brilliant surgeons and scientists.

I agree wholeheartedly that you have to select your surgeon and procedure very carefully IN ANY COUNTRY. There are many horror stories in so called advanced nations too.

I am simply saying that if you are considering plastic surgery in any form I can recommend my surgeon for his very competent medical care, for advising against certain procedures that would not help me, and for the superb results that I got and more than 75% less for the same procedures in the USA.

Again I am not selling anything and providing only the facts as I have experienced them. You are of course free to make whatever conclusions and decisions are right for you and your bank balance.

Thanks for the explanation, tina :-)

Your advice to always see a "doctor" goes without saying but I am sure that you know a doctor is very rarely a plasctic surgeon and qualified to make surgical and reconstructive suggestions and decisions.

Any doctor can call themselves a plastic surgeon, even dentists and opthalmologists. They might only have had a weekend course in how to do bleparoplasty (eyelids) but they go looking for business and the results are of course not always great.

Seeing a doctor is simply not good enough in my opinion. You have to select a surgeon that does a fantastic job for your particular needs and has more than a couple of years experience in plastic and cosmetic surgery.

There are of course 1000's of plastic surgeons in the USA and in the UK and elsewhere but their fees are out of this world and their experience and talents vary considerably. A "boob job" in the USA is $15,000.00 to $20,000.00. In India you get this for $2,000.00. I can tell you any anyone reading that the 1 on 1 treatment and follow up care was far superior to anything I have experienced in the USA and up to 90% cheaper.

The reason it is cheaper is simply because a good surgeon in India earns $46,000 a year whereas in the USA the same surgeon would be earning more than $500.000. That is why so many doctors leave India to work in the US and UK and elsewhere.

I undertand that there will be many that distrust overseas doctors because of scare tactics by rich surgeons that are fearful of losing business and also because they themselves are xenophobic. I directed this post at those who want some improvments but cannot afford the fees in the US or UK or elsewhere. This is a genuine and money saving alternative which shouold be considered seriously. Hundreds of thousands have already made the trip to India for surgery.

This is me at 55 after multiple procedures in India. Maybe not supermodel level but I feel attractive and my husband agrees.

Sorry to have confused you with the always see a doctor bit on the bottom of my posts. I give a lot of advice over in the men's health section and I wouldn't like anybody to think I was a doctor and avoid seeing one themselves. So its just an automatic signature that appears at the bottom of all my posts, which really I should have removed here as its completely unnecassary.

I think I understand now what you're saying and hopefully it will help a lot of other users of this forum. Thanks for taking the time to post this :-)

Hi my name is tarun, india. Actually i am looking for a treatment, please anyone of you suggest me, who is the best surgeon in india for epispadias repair and who can repair at this age, i am 27 year old. I am suffering from dorsal chordee due to bladder exstrophy in childhood, i am unable to find a trustworthy doctor in india. Everyone says but no dr is sure. There is a confirm treatment in USA but i dont know the cost associated. Pls help me friends, i am in trouble and pain.

Would you please tell me the doctor or doctors name's and kindly provide their contact information? Do any of them accept financing like they do here in America, like Care Credit? Thank you, Sandra