My first symptoms were similar to common cold, but have developed to real pneaumonia several days after. I got high fever. My breathing was unusually rapid, felt nausea and vomiting. Fortunately, its causal agent was bacteria pneumococus and I got some antibiotics. I feel a bot better now but still cough a lot. I’ve isolated from my children because I’m not sure how contagious this disease can be. I ‘m also not so sure how long should I stay distanced or use mask after the symptoms would leave.

In general, bacterial pneumonia is not contagious. But I think that you’re right to want to stay away from your kids during disease lasts. These respiratory infections may be not totally clearly defined, and viral infections are contagious. I think that your isolation should last as long as treatment lasts. And be careful with glasses and handkerchiefs that may be contagious objects for the other members of your family.