my husband was experiencing problems with his bladder and urination and after about a month ago, blood started to appear in his urine regularly, he finally got an appointment with an urologist. The first results we got show he has some kind of infection or inflammation, but after the ultrasound, urologist is sending us for CT scan. He was very straightforward with us and told us he suspects that bladder wall has thickened and he wants to make sure what is causing it.

CT scan is scheduled in a week and we’re aware there are fairly big chances that bladder cancer might be causing the thickening, but then why is he also having inflammation? Could some infection maybe be responsible for thickening of the bladder wall? Urologist only said to use Tylenol and watch out if fever or any other symptom appears, but he didn’t give my husband any treatment.

I am sorry to hear about your husband's ordeal and I hope I can provide some answers.  Two potential causes of the wall of the bladder thickening is inflammation (maybe from a UTI) or from deposits of urinary sediments on the walls of the bladder.  Another cause of thickening of the bladder wall is bladder cancer.  Has your husband had a cystoscopy?  This would be beneficial to see what the tissue looks like and take a biopsy.  How did his urine specimen come back?  I am wondering if the urologist wants to wait on putting your husband on antibiotics until the CT scan is done so that he gets a better view on the scan?  I hope that the scan comes back negative and all that is needed is treatment for a UTI.  Good luck!

My dad is going through same thing... What ended up happening?

Hello, My husband just starting taking Jarmine, pre-diabete meds. We thought this was causing it. He bled about 3 times then stopped. He went to see a Urologist, told him his prostate was fine, but a bit inflamed told him to stop eating a lot of meat. He is going to have a cystoscopy soon. He also gave him antibiotics. What causes this to happen?

Also before all this, he was getting burning sinations before urinating. Like us women getting bladder infection. The same way.